Adelaide Riviera Hotel
Hilton
$126
$103
  • Restaurant
Adabco Boutique Hotel(Adelaide)(Great Value!)
$58
InterContinental Adelaide(Adelaide)(Great Value!)
$113
InterContinental
Pullman Adelaide(Adelaide)(Great Value!)
$83
$76
  • Restaurant
Miller Apartments Adelaide(Adelaide)(Great Value!)
$82
$77
  • Fitness center
Mayfair Hotel(Adelaide)(Great Value!)
$148
Ibis Adelaide(Adelaide)(Great Value!)
$75
  • Room Service
Peppers Waymouth Hotel(Adelaide)(Great Value!)
$111
$95
Priceline
  • Restaurant
Majestic Roof Garden Hotel(Adelaide)(Great Value!)
$86
Priceline
  • Restaurant
All reviewscomfort hotelcar parkfree tramtram stoppriced hotelcontinental breakfasthandy locationspa roomsingle bedgood sizenorth tcefew minutes walkpleasant stayair confestival theatrehindley stwould stay here again
Reviewed November 28, 2006

It was just as well I knew where the hotel was, the taxi driver had no idea! But then he couldnt work the machine to give me a receipt either - I had the feeling he was filling in for someone.

Anyway, after I directed him to the hotel, I entered through an ordinary entrance way. The lobby and interior spaces are a bit tired - I am sure I read somewhere it was 4 star. It certainly wasnt.

My room (119) was a good size, but it opened into an internal ventilation space which mean not view at all, and not a whole lot of light. It was hot so used airconditioning a lot. Room was clean - and like a previous review the clock didnt work (but then I always use my own). Lots of places to plug in power for pc and recharging phone etc. Didnt eat in as I tend to walk around and find something more interesting than hotel food (found a good 'chain' cafe just round on Hindley and in the university grounds - very cheap and great selection.

Location is Ok - most of the cheaper hotels in Adelaide requrie a bit of walking. Free bus is right outside the door - good for walking when it gets hot.

With the right room rate I would visit again. (I paid $99 which was reasonable).

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank jeffrocowboy
Reviewed June 9, 2006

The Riviera looked OK on the net - but it turned out to overlook a railway yard - the wrong end of North Terrace. The street was very noisy although we were given (at our request) a higher floor (and charged an extra $20 per night).

It's certainly not 4 star - there were no coffee cups/plates/cutlery, although a microwave was provided in the room. There was no room service menu - apparently they were off getting more printed. When asked about this, the duty manager said it would have been a waste of money to photocopy 84 sheets and put them in rooms! There was no directory or indication of what the hotel offered available in rooms.

The bedside clock did not work. When asked at check out what we thought of the hotel, we mentioned all the above. The duty manager was defensive and unhelpful - said we should have mentioned things earlier. When told it was not 4 star he became very indignant.

We would not stay at the property again.

6  Thank Diedre_11
Reviewed April 11, 2006

I stayed at the Riviera for a week and although my first room was very noisy and I had to ask for a move to another less noisy room (which they did with no problems) I found it clean, friendly, and a nice safe place to stay. The staff were very helpful, the room was nice and clean, the car park WAS monitored by reception although it can be full at times apparently.
The cafe in the hotel was good food and again friendly helpful staff. I would stay there again but would make sure my room was not towards the front of the hotel due to the traffic noise. It took about 8mins to walk up to the casino, shops etc. but during the day you can get a free bus outside up to the city.

• Stayed: April 2006
6  Thank Hodd
Reviewed December 19, 2005

Hotel is at one corner of Adelaide's grid system, which makes it a good location. Service was friendly although partly aimed at selling one of the local firm's coach sightseeing tours (no thanks!!!). Generic hotel rooms, perfectly adequate for a few nights. Had breakfast a couple of mornings here which was pleasant and restaurant looked out onto one of the main leafy main streets.

• Stayed: November 2005
8  Thank RogerD63
Reviewed October 15, 2005

We had the need to go to Adelaide due to a family emergencey. We booked the Riviera through ---
As it is a Best Western, it is of a good standard. The plumbing in our room was loud, but bearable. The cafe was nice, although breakfast over the weekend was a bit sparse complared to the weekdays. A wedding reception was held on the Saturday we were there, but you wouldn't have known. Very quiet. Room was large and clean, as was the bathroom.
Good location, 10min walk into the city proper and parking out the back of the motel. Plenty of good dining in Hindley St, 200m away, we ate at a different place every night and never had to drive to get there!
Overall, good value and would recommend it.

• Stayed: September 2005