Adelaide Riviera Hotel
Oaks Horizons(Adelaide)
Plaza Hotel(Adelaide)
  • Room Service
  • Room Service
Hotel Grand Chancellor Adelaide(Adelaide)
  • Restaurant
All reviewscomfort hotelcar parkfree tramtram stoppriced hotelcontinental breakfasthandy locationspa roomsingle bedgood sizenorth tcefew minutes walkpleasant stayair confestival theatrehindley stwould stay here again
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 6, 2014 via mobile

A clean friendly hotel. It wasn't fantastic but it also wasn't bad. We only paid $80 per night through a deal. It was a good price for the location and quality. They let me put my bicycle in the room and store it in the conference room for a few hours after checkout.

An older hotel that makes up for age with service

Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 3, 2014

My partner and I decided to come to Adelaide for the weekend and stayed here. .The hotel is right on North Terrace and if you have a room facing the road its quite noisy at the moment (construction over the road as well). The location is ok but its right on the very edge of the city and quite a walk to places like Rundle Mall so possibly not the most central option.
The walls must be quite thin because the people in the room next to us came home at about 4 a.m. and we could heard them talking away which wasn't great.
The room we had was huge (spa room) but very basic. There was a heater in the room but an extra blanket in the cupboard wouldn't have gone astray. We had a huge row of windows that the sun hit during the day which was nice but they were filthy (possibly due to construction across the road)...
The taps in the shower kept coming loose which was strange and the sheets had little patches on them (I assume there were holes in them that these are patching over?).
I thought the room was quite expensive but chose the hotel because it had parking facilities. If the website had stated that the parking cost $18 a night I would have looked elsewhere because this made the stay more expensive than I would have liked. Perhaps it is naive to assume that parking might be free for people staying at the hotel, but I don't think it would hurt to state that there is a cost attached on the website.
The hotel is very basic and provides everything you need and I am not sure I would say I got value for money.

Room Tip: I paid $175 a night for a spa room so there was a bath and seperate shower and the room itself was enormous. There was a queen and a single in the room and a small kitchenette with free bikkies, coffee and tea. I wouldn't pay that amount again because I don't feel like the cost was justified.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Emily P
AdelaideRiviera2014, General Manager at Adelaide Riviera Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2014

Dear Emily,

Thank you for providing your feedback regarding your recent stay at Comfort Hotel Adelaide Riviera. I was disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy all aspects of your stay.

Firstly, I just need to clarify two points from your response that are not factual:

1. You state that you paid $175 per night. I have checked your reservation and found that your room rate for a Spa room was in fact $142 per night. I feel that this is important to note in response to your 'value for money' comments.
2. The website that you made your booking on clearly states the carparking costs of $18 per day. We have not hidden this information at all.

You have however, provided some valuable feedback, in regards to other areas concerning your stay. We acknowledge that the street facing windows require attention and have already planned for this cleaning to occur in conjunction with some painting improvements on the external of the building.

Unfortunately, we cannot take responsibility for noise levels created by other guests, but do treat the matter seriously. Our staff will always respond promptly to noise issues - our reception desk is open 24 hours per day and is always happy to assist with such matters.

I have investigated the housekeeping and maintenance issues that you reported and will respond directly to you in the near future.

Kind regards

Lee Burns
Comfort Hotel Adelaide Riviera

Reviewed July 30, 2014

Close to the Casino, the New Hospital, and various venues in the CBD this is an ideal place to stay. The "free" city tram has two stops within easy walking distance of the entrance to this hotel. Staff are friendly and the rooms, although not giganitic, are comfortable.

Room Tip: Most rooms have a double bed and a single bed standard. Perhaps a room towards the back of the hotel might ensure better sleeping as building is currently going on across North Terrace.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed July 29, 2014

My one night stay in the hotel was less than perfect. The first room allocated to me was unusable because the toilet did not work - and it was just good luck that there was a vacancy on another floor. Also there is no internet in the rooms - just the small public area. The hotel is located at the far end of North Terrace opposite the massive construction site of Adelaide's new hospital. The rooms are okay and basic - reasonably large with the usual features of television and kettle. Similarly the shower is fine, with soap and shampoo available via large fixed containers of various gels.

It looks like the hotel is undergoing substantial renovations. My initial room was on the first floor and the corridors were full of upturned beds and other items that had been removed prior to work starting.

The buffet breakfast was basic but okay - yogurt, fruit a few pastries.

Once the hotel has internet available in the rooms in finishes rebuilding it should be fine - if somewhat distant from shops and restaurants.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank KymBergmann
Reviewed July 22, 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our overnight stay and were impressed with the cleanliness of the hotel and in particular our room. Room was a good size which had been freshly painted with new carpet.. Reception staff were constantly busy but always friendly. We didn't have breakfast so cant comment on that but found the hotel to be well priced with a convenient car park at the back ( for an extra cost). Tram stop just outside but the city centre, casino. Adelaide Oval are all in walking distance. Will stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple