2,784 results
All reviews the executive lounge victoria square collins bar central market tram stop gouger street valet parking room service an upgrade deluxe room corner room buffet breakfast free tram bit dated hotel is in a great location business trip mini bar
Selected filters
Reviewed May 11, 2019 via mobile

Not because the 25 dollar buffet is so much better than anywhere else, but because the staff are drop dead lovely and attentive. Yamini took my mind off the pouring rain outside. Well located, excellent housekeeping -a good base for the CBD. No parking available so the Central Mkt park is the most convenient.

Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Origami_kid
RupertHallam, General Manager at Hilton Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2019

Dear Origami_kid,

Thank you for your kind words regarding your recent experience in the Restaurant.

I appreciate your positive comments regarding the team and I am delighted that Yamini was attentive and friendly. We do have a great team and I am pleased you were well looked after.

We are certainly in a prime spot and I am pleased the area suited you. Due to the location however, we do have limited space and we therefore don't have an on-site parking area. Agreements have been made with the local car parks to ensure we are able to offer valet parking to our guests.

I look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed May 7, 2019 via mobile

We had an excellent afternoon in the balcony room at Hilton Adelaide recently.
Food & service were exceptional on balcony especially the staff.
This was NOT the case when sitting in the lobby lounge waiting to order coffee.
The female waiter was very slow to acknowledge our presence.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank trevorsV6039LK

Dear trevorsV6039LK,

I appreciate your positive comments regarding the service you received from the team at an event held at Hilton Adelaide recently, however, I did note the slow service from the Lobby Lounge. We do strive to provide a fast friendly service at all times and I apologise for your disappointment on this occasion.

I do hope to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed May 5, 2019

This hotel is located right in the middle of the city. The market is behind it, a tram to Glenelg beach stops at the doorstep, Central bus station is a 5 min walk away. Beautiful green square right in front of the hotel. Although it's about 15-20 min walk to the North Terrace with all the cultural attractions and shops. You can take a tram though.
Lobby area looks fine, but the room was very outdated. The bath was a disaster, I've never seen so scratched bath even in a budget hotels, and definitely wasn't expecting to see it in Hilton. The aircon I the room wasn't working and it was too hot to sleep.
On the other hand, the aircon was working too good in the conference room, it even made my hair move. We kept asking to turn it down a little, but the staff kept ignoring our requests for some reason. They only turned it down by the end of the day and I've managed to get an terrible cold. Thank for that, Hilton!
The breakfast was ok, although the choice of fresh vegetables wasn't enough for me.
Moved to another hotel after the conference and was very happy about it.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
RupertHallam, General Manager at Hilton Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2019

Dear Ptica_Divnaya,

I appreciate your constructive feedback regarding your recent experience with us.

We are in the perfect location in the city and as you say the tram stop is conveniently situated opposite the entrance enabling easy access to the rest of the city or out to the beach. I did note your disappointment with your room. We do have some renovation projects in place however due to the size of the project it will be carried out over time. I apologise that the temperature of the room affected your sleep. I do hope you are feeling better. Our Executive Chef and his team work very hard to ensure a wide variety of options are available on the breakfast buffet and I apologise that you weren't entirely pleased with the selection on offer.

I do hope to welcome you back again in the future for a more positive stay.

Reviewed May 1, 2019 via mobile

This hotel is like stepping back to the 1970s at the dubbo country comfort. The rooms are very tired and lack the basic infrastructure that a hotel with 5 stars is supposed to have. Attached photo is the hallway and that is probably as good as it gets. The restaurant food is good though the service is slow. The gym is modern though the equipment doesn't match what they have to offer...the problem is there isn't much choice in Adelaide

Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank Chris B
RupertHallam, General Manager at Hilton Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2019

Dear Chris B,

I appreciate your honest feedback.

We are in the process of some major improvements to the hotel. We have renovated the Collins Bar, Lobby Bar, Coal Cellar + Grill and the gymnasium recently. Further projects are in discussions with architects which will modernise the guest areas over time. I apologise for your disappointment on this occasion.

I do hope to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed April 29, 2019

Stayed two nights over the weekend in two different rooms. The first night, reserved a corner room on the 18th floor using online check-in. The room was very spacious with a cozy ambiance and great views over Victoria Square - plus the addition of a greeting note + some chocolate coated strawberries (a nice touch). Second night - stayed in a two double bed room with a guest. The room was spacious albeit lacking the furnishings of the previous room. Breakfast selection was plentiful and of a good quality. Of the one time I visited the exec lounge (Saturday night), it was packed to the rafters without a seat to be found. Food offerings during evening cocktails consisted of little nibbles and finger foods, although I think beer, wine, spirits were offered(?). Did not check out the gym/pool/tennis court/running track. Overall, I would come back with a reasonable rate.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank benjaminn1730

Dear benjaminn1730,

I appreciate you taking the time to pass on your comments regarding your recent stay with us.

I am pleased you were happy with your rooms and you found them to be spacious with a good ambiance. Our Executive Chef and his team create an extensive buffet with a wide selection of options using fresh local ingredients and I am pleased it was to your liking. I did note your comments regarding the Executive Lounge. We have certainly been running high occupancy lately and I apologise that it was busy when you visited.

I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.