The Hilton was my first preference when I tried to get accommodation at Adelaide. This is because it had a picturesque setting in the CBD. However when I rang to get a quote, they only had expensive rooms available at AU$405 for a queen room. So, it was out of my budget/.
Please note I rang 1 day in advance only.
However I rang other hotels and could only find rooms at Glenelg for AU$365 a night - and that's 20 minutes out of the city! So I rang the Hilton back and booked the AU$405 room.
When I got to Adelaide, I checked in at the Hilton at about 5pm after a walk from Rundle Mall. I was served at the counter by JOSH (you are awesome!)
Mr Josh gave me a free upgrade to a junior suite on the 13th floor. I politley thanked him and went to my room as I didn't understand what I was upgraded to.
When I got to the room I nearly fell over. It was massive! Please look at my low resolution camera-phone pictures. Walk-in robe, 4 seater dining chair, tub and shower, queen bed, plasma TV and a large executive desk. It even had an Aeron chair and toiletries from Crabtree and Evelyn...how awesome is that?
The staff at the concierge desk were so kind as they made reservations, changed reservations and even made recommendations for my dinner in Adelaide. They were very patient with my indecisiveness.
The following morning, I wasn't sure if I would have enough time to have the buffet breakfast, so I ordered room service as soon as I woke up. It took 45 minutes to arrive, which is the only negative about my upgraded stay at the Hilton.
I will admit that this review is biased due to the upgrade, but I am honestly over the moon about it and hence my review can be nothing but glowing about this establishment. The staff were friendly, I was happy with my room and the location of the hotel. Thank you again front-counter-Josh.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Hilton Adelaide and South Australia. Centrally located in the heart of the city, overlooking Victoria Square, Hilton Adelaide is the perfect hotel for business, leisure or both! This hotel is just a stone’s throw from Adelaide’s shopping, dining, theatre and business precincts. Next door is the famous Adelaide Central Market and around the corner you will find Chinatown and Gouger Street, Adelaide’s largest restaurant precinct. Getting around is easy when you stay at Hilton Adelaide, at its doorstep is the free city tram taking you directly to seaside Glenelg or along North Terrace to the Adelaide Casino, Convention Centre, Entertainment Centre, Festival Centre and Rundle Mall. An easy stroll away from the hotel is Adelaide Oval, River Torrens and historical North Terrace. South Australians pride themselves on enjoying the good life, particularly the joys of fine wine and food. Hilton Adelaide's proximity to so many of the best wineries in the country including McLaren Vale and the Adelaide Hills, which guests can see from their rooms. On the outskirts of the city is lush countryside and 20 minutes by car or tram, lies the natural beauty of unspoiled beaches. SLEEP: Designed with the discerning traveller in mind, Hilton Adelaide's great choice of 374 accommodation rooms, ranging from stylish Deluxe rooms to the exclusive luxury of the Executive Floor and suites, set the standard for accommodation in South Australia. As a standard, each guest room offers individually controlled air conditioning, Foxtel Digital, pay movies, WIFI. Other amenities include mini bar, hairdryer, safes, tea and coffee making facilities. Smoking and special needs rooms are available. RELAX: The Executive Lounge boasts views over this beautiful city and towards the coast and offers a dedicated reception area for personalised check-in and check-out. Continental Buffet Breakfast, afternoon refreshments, evening cocktails and canapes are served exclusively to Executive Floor guests along with complimentary WIFI. ENJOY: Hilton Adelaide boasts extensive leisure facilities including a gym, sauna, an outdoor heated swimming pool and tennis court with a jogging track exclusively available to all hotel guests. WINE DINE & HAVE FUN: The latest edition to Hilton Adelaide’s food & beverage offering is Coal Cellar + Grill. Bringing it back to basics and true to its name, the menu highlights the best of South Australia’s produce using a variety of cooking methods including the feature charcoal grill and rotisserie. The wine choice is abundant with over 500 labels listed, majority from South Australia and all on display in the Cellar. The restaurant and lounge compliments the popular cocktail destination in Adelaide – The Collins Bar, so guests visiting, meeting or sleeping at Hilton Adelaide will not need to leave to have a fun night out! Coal Cellar + Grill is Seriously South Australian®. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Adelaide reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Adelaide Hotel Adelaide
- Hilton International Adelaide
- Adelaide Hilton International