“Nice again”
Review of Hilton Adelaide

Ranked #18 of 55 Hotels in Adelaide
Reviewed June 8, 2014

Nice decor. Friendly staff. Lounge area very nice. Free WiFi in the lobby area only. Rooms well appointed, decor. Bathroom nice, small but modern, great shower. Bed is the best. Breakfast to 11am is good. Easy to get around in Adelaide with the trams at the front door. Easy valet parking.
Breakfast was a bit unorganized. Chef in the kitchen was too busy and had people waiting at the counter for food. Disappointing no free WiFi in the rooms yet. Even the trams have free WiFi in Adelaide. Will stay again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
PNorsell, General Manager at Hilton Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2014

Dear Alcatraz59,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent trip to Adelaide.

I am pleased that you found the room satisfactory and the team friendly. Our team genuinely care in ensuring our guests enjoy their stay and I am delighted you experienced this during your stay.

We are very fortunate to have the tram stop just outside our door enabling easy free travel around the city.

I did note your comments regarding breakfast which will be shared with our Restaurant Manager to ensure we are organised at all times to provide a pleasant relaxing breakfast experience for our guests. I appreciate you bringing this to my attention and I apologise for your disappointment.

I look forward to your return in the future.

Hilton Adelaide

Write a ReviewReviews (2,468)

Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

Stay at hilton hotels a lot and one thing that has always been good is there great service with a smile
Room was nice and quiet
Checking was seamless
Going to breakfast asked for table of seven (there was one available ) told no until another staff member fixed so our group could be together
Chef was rude and grumpy

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

Dear Geoffbec,

Thank you for your comments.

I am pleased that you found the service from the team satisfactory during your stay and the room allocated to you was to your liking.

I appreciate your feedback regarding the check in service and I am delighted that it all went smoothly however I did note your comments regarding the problems you experienced with your breakfast booking. Your comments will be discussed with our Restaurant Manager and Executive Chef to ensure the smooth running of the restaurant. I apologise for the inconvenience experienced on this occasion.

I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed June 7, 2014

First time @ Hilton ADL and not impressed. Very lukewarm, half-baked welcome from reception, it felt more like checking into a Best Western.

When I booked the day prior I asked for a rm with a bathtub, got to my rm, there wasn't one. Rang down and new rm found. Lovely rm although could do with a detailed clean.

Asked concierge for info RE a good fine dining restaurant in ADL, he seemed perplexed as tho no-one had ever asked him b4.

Had set my alarm for 9am as desperately needed a sleep-in but was woken @ 6.45am by a WakeUp reminder call that I had NOT requested.

On checking out asked to speak to manager on duty. Sat down for 5 and explained I had not been able to go back to sleep and wasn't impressed. He did not seem to know how to deal with complaints and gave a fairly limp half-baked apology.

From my experience there is NOT a 5 star international hotel. Other 5 star hotels I've stayed at in ADL are far better.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank craig h

Dear craig h,

Thank you for forwarding your honest feedback of your experiences at Hilton Adelaide recently.

I was most concerned that you were not totally satisfied with your stay. We do strive to provide a five star service to our guests and it seems we have let you down on this occasion.

Unfortunately there was a communication breakdown and your requests were not passed on however I am pleased this was resolved once it was brought to our attention.

On the odd occasion errors can occur when wakeup calls are misdirected. I do understand that this impacted your day and I sincerely apologise that this broke your sleep and caused you inconvenience.

Once again I do apologise for the disappointment you felt on this occasion regarding service and how your feedback was dealt with on checkout. I would however encourage you to treat this as an exception rather than a reflection of the hotel as my team and I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Hilton Adelaide again in the future.

Reviewed June 5, 2014

Having stayed in the hotel for just over six months in early 2013 and a couple of occasions since I like the place and have recommended that a number of my staff stay there on their trips to the city.
As a Diamond HHonours member am lucky enough to avail of room upgrades and the executive lounge. Food good and one of the best breakfast selections in town. Staff always attentive and helpful.
Looking forward to celebrating my wedding anniversary at the hotel this weekend.

Room Tip: Ask for highest room away from the elevator.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Dave F,

I appreciate you passing on your positive comments regarding your recent stay with us and thank you for your continued loyalty to Hilton Adelaide.

I am delighted that you have enjoyed your stays with us and you have found the team to always be attentive and helpful. We do have a great team and I am very proud of the exceptional service they provide our guests.

Our breakfast buffet is indeed a fantastic experience with many selections made with fresh local produce. I hope you had another wonderful stay for your wedding anniversary and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed June 5, 2014

The hotel is very nice and elegant, all good reviews for furniture, design, bed lining, rooms and lounges. The location is also excellent, right in the middle of city. However, we had a bad experience with the room cleanliness. One of the dressing gowns (towel coat) was dirty!! We never expected to find something like this in this hotel. The other thing that we did not like with my husband is that we left the hotel after the first night at 9am and came back at 4pm and found our room not cleaned yet!! Just the water bottles were replaced but nothing with doing the bed, replacing amenities, etc. We had to go out again. This two things made us feel disappointed with the service, especially because it was supposed to be a pleasure trip for us. Moreover, I am a Silver member of Hilton Honors and had to call twice to ask for late check-out (just asked for 1 more hour), the first lady even told me that late check-out was not a benefit!! Anyway, we are not coming back to this hotel, it is really nice but the bad experience with the service just let it down. Good luck!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Julissa R

Dear Julissa,

I appreciate you passing on your feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

We are in a prime location close to the Markets and Gouger Street and across the road from the tram stop which enables you to move around the city at no cost.

I am pleased you found your room and facilities satisfactory during your stay however I did note your concerns with the cleanliness of your room. Please rest assured this will be discussed with our Housekeeping Manager to ensure more care is taken.

We are happy to offer Silver Hilton Hhonors members a complimentary late check out until 12pm upon availability and I apologise for any confusion on this occasion.

I apologise that the service was not what you expected this time and I hope you will allow me the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed June 5, 2014

Location is fantastic right next to the market and many restaurants, Chinatown is just right behind the hotel. Stay at the club floor, the room is clean, service is good. I was in Adelaide for a conference and had all in all a pleasant stay. The gym is functional and okay equipped, the sauna and jacuzzi were nice.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Dear Silentscope,

Thank you for your positive review of your recent stay at Hilton Adelaide.

I am so pleased you enjoyed your experience in an Executive Room and the benefits you received.

We are very fortunate to be very close to the Central Market and Chinatown and in walking distance to many fine restaurants and shopping areas around the city.

I hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed June 4, 2014

we stayed here for a special occasion and chose the package to include breakfast. Was very impressed. Great hotel lovely concierge staff and overall impressed. Loved the pillows and view from the room. Concierge staff very friendly recognised me from when I worked there 11 years ago!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Tracey C,

Thank you for your positive comments and welcome back to Hilton Adelaide.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and you enjoyed the breakfast included with your accommodation package. Our Executive Chef, Mr Lloyd Cremer and his team take great effort to present a delicious buffet with various selections and I am pleased this was to your liking.

Our team are very focused on ensuring our guests enjoy their stay. I will be sure to share your feedback with the Concierge team.

I hope to welcome you back again in the future.