“Well located and comfortable hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Adelaide

Ranked #16 of 58 Hotels in Adelaide
Brisbane, Australia
“Well located and comfortable hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2014

Hilton Adelaide is an excellent choice for a business visit. Located close to most corporate offices and handy to a wide selection of restaurants it is a very convenient place to stay. The hotel is comfortable and service very good. Adelaide is deservedly noted for its restaurants and the Hiltons is worth a try too. Rooms are modern, plenty of natural light and offer all the amenities you will need.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the square have a nice view.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
PNorsell, General Manager at Hilton Adelaide, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Dear Ashley G,

Thank you for your positive review on Trip Advisor.

I am pleased that you found the Hotel to be a good place to stay when travelling for business. We are located in the hub of Victoria Square close to all the corporate locations around the city centre with plenty of popular restaurants in walking distance to the hotel on Gouger Street.

I am delighted that you found your room and amenities modern and in keeping with Hilton properties and I look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Hilton Adelaide

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (395)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

My partner and I enjoyed our stay at the Hilton this past weekend. Our room included valet parking, 1pm checkout and buffet breakfast. The valet process was seamless, as was check in.. we arrived at 2pm and didn't wait in a line at all which is rare! Our room was one of those which had been refurbished (I requested this after reading other reviews). The room itself was the standard size, great bathroom with roomy shower. The bathroom would benefit greatly by having a better exhaust fan as the bathroom didn't have good ventilation after a shower. The bed was by far the comfiest we have ever encountered with a good selection of pillows. One small feature we appreciated was being able to open the window to allow fresh air in. In the morning we enjoyed the buffet breakfast and couldn't think of an item that wasn't catered for in the buffet. Excellent. Overall we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and found the staff very personable. We will definitely return!

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear cletchy,

I appreciate you taking the time to pass on your feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

Your positive comments regarding the service you received and your room and amenities is appreciated. Our valet team take great effort in ensuring guest requests are met promptly and I am pleased that you found their service seamless.

Our Executive Chef and his team create an large selection of dishes for the breakfast buffet in the Brasserie Restaurant using fresh local ingredients. I am pleased that you found the selection offered to your liking.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kuala Lumpur
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2014

I stayed at the Adelaide Hilton for 6 nights in Early May and enjoyed the room thoroughly. I was given a corner King room on the 14 floor which accorded me with great views of the Adelaide Hills. I love the cation as it was right above the Central Market and a Coles supermarket. The hotel is also right in front of the tram stop.
The room was clean and well appointed. Comfortable bed and pillows. I normally do not sleep beyond 9 am but this time I consistently slept till 10.30 am as I slept so well.
Just as well I am on holiday. A very short walk to Gouger St which has dozens of restaurants to satiate every tastes.
I ate at the hotel restaurant twice for dinner during the stay and found the food and portions to be of good standard and size.
Overall enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: Get a room on higher floors. Great views.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank selsay
Dear selsay,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at Hilton Adelaide.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and you found your corner room to be clean and comfortable.

The hotel is located in the hub of Victoria Square and views of the city and the Adelaide Hills can be seen from the higher floors overlooking the square. The Central Market and a selection of nice restaurants on Gouger Street are in walking distance to the hotel and the tram stop just across the road will take you around the city at no charge. The Brasserie Restaurant in the hotel serves many fine Australian dishes made from local ingredients and I am pleased that you found the tastes enjoyable.

We do receive many positive comments about the comfort of the beds and pillows and it is great that this allowed you to relax and enjoy a sleep-in over your holiday.

I look forward to welcoming you back.

Brisbane, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2014

Aircon was so loud that it had to be switched off. Had to then open the tiny window to let some fresh air in which then invited the unsolicited outside street noise in. Terrible quality of sleep was had. TV and remote was of old and low quality with the volume always starting at a high volume and not able to be reduced without extreme effort and patience with remote and then manual control at the TV manual controls. And yes, I did check the batteries were working.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

3 Thank Joane Andre S
PNorsell, General Manager at Hilton Adelaide, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Dear Joane Andre S,

Thank you for your honest feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

I was concerned that you found certain items in your room were faulty. We do have Engineers on site who are available to investigate these types of issues as they arise and I am sorry that we didn’t get the opportunity to examine these problems for you while you were in house.

Please feel free to report this type of thing to our Duty Manager so we can promptly resolve any issues that appear.

I hope to welcome you back to Hilton Adelaide in the future.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2014 via mobile

Handy location and easy access to restaurants. I came here for a conference and the taxi ride is fairly quick and easy. Restaurants are just around the corner, all along the street. There is a park just opposite the hotel which was a site for a demonstration when I was there. Made the trip quite interesting.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank PhoeBnix
Dear PhoebeNix,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us.

I am pleased that you found the location of the hotel convenient close to many restaurants on Gouger Street and China Town. We do have a lovely park across the road which is newly renovated and is a site used for many events such as Tasting Australia.

I look forward to welcoming you back.

Yours Sincerely,

Canberra, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2014

There is nothing to make this hotel stay out from any other. The location is fine if you want something near Victoria Sq and the Adelaide Markets. The rooms are fine if you want a 4 star hotel room but the tv remote was faulty or the connection was and it took a few seconds to change a channel and gave a blue screen between each change... annoying! The corridor always seemed to have room service trays in the hall and I would expect a room to be serviced before 4.00pm in the afternoon. Overall just average.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Jane2901
Dear Jane2901,

Thank you for taking the time to pass on your feedback.

I am pleased that you found the location of the hotel suitable for your needs however I was disappointed that you were not totally satisfied with certain aspects of your stay. I apologise for your disappointment and please rest assured your feedback will be discussed with my Management team to ensure we continue to provide a five star service.

I hope to welcome you back in the future.

Cairns, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014

Stayed here in April for 2 nights. Arrived at 10.30am and understandably our room wasn't ready. The very nice reception staff upgraded us to a king suite so that we could book in straight away...great service! The room itself was very nice and modern, spotlessly clean, nice bathroom products, and had a great view out over the square. The only one thing I could say about the room was that the air-con seemed to turn off in the middle of the night. Now for my gripe..we didn't have breakfast included so decided to go down and order off the a-la-carte menu one morning. When we were seated at a table a staff member came over to pour coffee but was quickly told we were'nt having the buffet we were ordering breakfast. That was fine, however, we sat there for a good 10 minutes and no-one approached us again to take an order. We were completely ignored, no table water, nothing. We decided to leave and go down the street for breakfast, as we walked past the restaurant reception desk we advised the guy there (who originally sat us at the table) that we hadn't been served yet so we were going. Unbelievably, he shrugged his shoulders, didn't say a word, and just let us walk out. I was astounded! The rest of the hotel staff were great so it's a shame this happened because you always remember the bad moments.. Apart from that incident, this is a great place to stay in a great location.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
PNorsell, General Manager at Hilton Adelaide, responded to this review, May 25, 2014
Dear LnT291,

Thank you for your comments.

I am pleased that you were happy with your room and your upgrade to a King Suite although I note your comments regarding the air conditioner. When the unit is switched in the auto position and the selected temperature is reached the unit will cut out.

We are in a very convenient location close to many fine restaurants and shopping areas and I am pleased you found this suited your requirements on this trip.

I understand your concerns with the service you received from the team in the restaurant. This is not the service we strive to achieve. Although I cannot turn back the clock please rest assured your feedback has been used as a training tool to ensure more care is taken by the team to provide the service you quite rightly expect from a Hilton property.

I hope you will allow me the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future.