“OUTSTANDING HOTEL”

Ranked #18 of 57 Hotels in Adelaide
Jannali, Australia
“OUTSTANDING HOTEL”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Everything about this hotel was outstanding, particularly in comparison to a Hilton I stayed at the previous weekend in another State. Check-in was very smooth, with at least 3 people at the desk plus the concierge.Our room was a corner room on the 17th floor, had excellent views, was clean, very comfortable, plenty of space. We had access to the Executive Lounge, which had a nice selection of food and drinks, better than some other lounges I've eaten at.The breakfast area is very stylish, great food, nice staff.Try the Black Pig bacon, it's rather unique.There is a good workout area, pool, spa and sauna.I managed to do my normal lap swimming, even though it is a small pool.Parking is offsite, so it can take 10-15 minutes to get your car delivered.As a Gold member, I do not pay for internet, but the business lounge is being renovated , so I believe there should not be a charge while that is happening.Special mention to the kind staff member who handed in my wallet after it had fallen out of my pocket in the hallway adjacent to my room,everything intact.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on an upper level. even if you have to pay to upgrade.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
PNorsell, General Manager at Hilton Adelaide, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Dear DerekHulme,

Thank you for taking the time to forward your feedback from your recent stay with us.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and you found the team to be helpful and attentive. We do have a great team that take pride in their work and I am glad that you were able to experience this during your stay.

Our Executive Chef and his team do create quite an interesting array of Australian cuisine and I am pleased you found this to your liking.

We are in the planning process for more renovations to the guest areas of the hotel however nothing has been set in concrete as yet. We are very excited to be able to improve and update the facilities we provide to our guests.

I am relieved that your wallet was found and was passed back to you without delay.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Adelaide in the future.

Hilton Adelaide

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (410)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Australia
Reviewed November 26, 2013

Stayed here using a Wotif special - paid $200 which included a refurbished room, breakfast, parking and a late checkout. Hotel is very nice and rooms were comfortable. Staff were friendly and the buffet breakfast was beautiful. My only gripe was waiting over 40 mins for the valet to bring my car to the entrance.
Would stay again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
PNorsell, General Manager at Hilton Adelaide, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Dear JimboAustralia,

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and you were happy with the City Break package and all the inclusions.

The feedback regarding the friendly service you received from the team is much appreciated and I am pleased that you enjoyed your breakfast in the Brasserie Restaurant.

I did note your comments in regards to the waiting time for your car to be delivered. Unfortunately on some occasions we get many requests all at the same time resulting in a delay however I apologise for the inconvenience caused.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed November 25, 2013

We booked a Mini City Break and enjoyed our night at the Hilton. The package was well priced and good value for what was included. Well located to excellent restaurants and was brilliant to gather with dear friends and enjoy a night out together and then not have to drive home that night! A lingering breakfast next morning followed by relaxing in the foyer with a coffee before returning home.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Cheryl G,

Thank you for your positive feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

I was so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Hilton Adelaide and you were able to relax with friends and enjoy the facilities at the hotel before returning home to your everyday routine.

I appreciate your feedback and I am pleased you found this package good value for money.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

MILDURA, Australia
Reviewed November 25, 2013

The Hilton in Adelaide is very central and close to shops and restaurants. Adelaide Market is behind the Hilton and enables you to buy fresh produce as well. Special deal of $199 including parking and breakfast was very reasonable.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

PNorsell, General Manager at Hilton Adelaide, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Dear Jennifer S,

Thank you for your positive comments regarding your stay at Hilton Adelaide.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and you found the “City Break” package good value for money.

We are indeed fortunate to be in a convenient location with the markets next door and other shopping areas and popular restaurants close by.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

Stayed overnight recently and very underwhelmed. For $300 per night you get a small room with a very noisy air conditioner in a noisy part of Adelaide. One of the most uncomfortable beds in which it has been my misfortune to "sleep" and staff who see you as an item to be "processed"; not an atom of any "hospitality. The Hilton seems to have the disease common to other "premier" Adelaide hotels of thinking they don't have to try and guests are a nuisance. A final thing, in Aus local calls are about 30 cents fixed; why does the Hilton charge by the minute?

Room Tip: A west facing room would be quieter. Even on the 15th floor it is very noisy
2 Thank thegrayghost
Dear thegrayghost,

I appreciate you taking the time to pass on your feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

At Hilton Adelaide it is our philosophy, and therefore our priority, to deliver the highest level of product and service to our valued guests. I was therefore disappointed to learn of the lapse in standards you experienced during your stay.

I have shared your feedback with my management team to ensure that our standards are maintained at a consistently high level. I encourage you to treat your experience as an exception and not a reflection of the philosophy of the Hilton Adelaide. I am disappointed that we were unable to meet your expectations on this occasion.

I appreciate your comments relating to the phone call charges. We do continuously monitor our prices and keep them in line with the current market.

I would naturally hope we could restore your faith in our services in the future.

New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Stayed at the Hilton for a week long business trip. Room was clean and tidy with comfortable large bed. Comfortable stay, close to plenty of restaurants with a great variety. Located outside a tram stop for those who want to travel to Glenelg and is a short walk to Rundle Mall.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
PNorsell, General Manager at Hilton Adelaide, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Dear Wobblyboot,

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us while traveling for business and I am happy that you had a comfortable stay.

We are fortunate to be located close to many popular restaurants with the convenience of the tram stop just outside the hotel offering free travel around the city. The shopping areas in the city and other sites of interest are just a short walk away.

I appreciate your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Kind Regards

Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed November 19, 2013

We stayed here due to a work Christmas function nearby. Booked through wotif which was first mistake. They fill up their rooms with wotif customers that nobody else would want. I asked for non smoking as am chrontic asthmatic. Guess what. Put on the smokers floor. Smoke pumping through aircon vents. Clothes, hair everything smelled of smoke. Complained but sent up bottle of wine.( which doesnt fix the problem.) also told would receive chocolates but they never came and told valet parking would be waved. Still got charged. Told hotel was fully booked so could not move. We would have checked out during the night as i had asthma all night but due to having a few drinks at the work function i did not want to risk driving which was the purpose of booking a motel close by. I have now been to the doctors and am on steroids to combat my asthma. Thanks alot. The bathroom was revolting. Shower you get burned or frozen. After fidling for 10 mins i chose frozen and not to scald myself. (did not want another dr visit) The best thing was the buffet breakfast except for the head waitress who was very rude infront of patrons to her staff who were very busy. Most staff were friendly especially Hugh on Valet service. Will never stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for non smoking floor, not just non smoking room.
4 Thank cookie327
Dear cookie327,

Thank you for your feedback on Trip Advisor.

I was concerned that you had a disappointing stay and you found your room allocation unsatisfactory. We do have four smoking rooms left in the hotel due to demand and I apologise that you were put on the same floor due to high occupancy. I understand your frustration however the hotel was fully booked therefore we were unable to relocate you to a different floor on this occasion. I apologise for the effects that you experienced as a result.

I appreciate your comments in regards to your bathroom. I am sorry for the shower problems that you encountered and the inconvenience this caused. I appreciate you passing on your concerns about team communication in the Brasserie Restaurant and rest assured this will be discussed with our Outlets Manager for further training.

I hope to welcome you back in the future.