“Good stay”

Ranked #18 of 57 Hotels in Adelaide
Europe
“Good stay”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Stayed here for 5 days in July/August 2013. Upon arrival (12 noon) had to wait for some 45 minutes, as room was not ready, but waiting was in executive lounge on 16th floor, so not too bad... as HH Diamond upgraded into executive room on 16th floor, very close to lounge. Room very nice, clear, and functional, with decent Wi-Fi. Lounge also quite nice, with good afternoon tea offering, good canapés in the evening and also breakfast in the morning. Breakfast downstairs is somewhat lacking more choices, and offering should be a bit different from day to day, not always the same; also when it is busy times, waitresses tend to forget the cappuccino your ordered. Hotel can be quite busy at times, as a lot of conferences are taking place here, so at certain times it is challenging to even get the elevator. Also tried to fitness centre, which is ok, three out of four treadmills were functional. Some mild criticism should go to inconsistency of housekeeping, as evening turndown service is sometimes non-existent, and sometime shows up, and also sometimes two bottles of water were waiting in the room, and on other times not. But all in all, good quality hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
PNorsell, General Manager at Hilton Adelaide, responded to this review, August 4, 2013
Dear Mirror74,

Thank you for taking the time to forward your comments regarding your stay at Hilton Adelaide.

I was delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and you were pleased with your upgraded room on the Executive Floor with access to the Executive Lounge where evening canapés, drinks and breakfast is served.

I appreciate your feedback regarding the breakfast choices in the restaurant which will be passed to our Executive Chef for consideration. I also note your comments in regards to inconsistent housekeeping. This will be discussed with our Executive Housekeeper to follow up and ensure the team take more care.

We have recently had all of our treadmills from the gymnasium serviced and repaired to ensure they are in prime condition for our guests. I apologise if this caused any inconvenience during your stay.

Hilton Adelaide

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (413)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Great hotel, bar is relaxing and recently renovated, however service was a problem, and you need to stock Glava, asz you stock it in the lobby bar but not in Collins Bar! Rooms were a little noisy, as you could hear outside sirens and people walking down the hall. But overall a great stay was had

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

PNorsell, General Manager at Hilton Adelaide, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear Mark R,

Thank you for your feedback in regards to your recent stay at Hilton Adelaide.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and you were able to enjoy our recently renovated bar however I note your comments in regards to service and beverages available. Please rest assured your feedback will be discussed with the Bar Manager to ensure steps are taken to improve our service standards. I apologise for the inconvenience on this occasion.

Tromsø
Reviewed July 28, 2013

This is a very good hotel, good location, polite staff, big room, well furnished, etc. - as a 5-star hotel should be. The only less-than-satisfactory service is the Internet. Although it's free in the lobby, it is as slow as it gets. Unless you're just checking your emails without any attachments, you'll want to kill yourself. Maybe in-room premium Internet is faster @ $27 per 24 hrs (it better be!!); I never did try, not at that price. The TV is less than basic, unless you're willing to go premium. Valet parking is a little expensive, but alternative nearby parking is about $18, and even cheaper on weekends you wont have to use the hotel voucher.

I'd recommend this hotel to people with a little extra cash or people on preferred customer programs, but if you're a deal-hunter like myself, you'll only get a little upset by the additional cost of getting full-service.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
PNorsell, General Manager at Hilton Adelaide, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear Taridzo C,

Thank you for your constructive feedback in regards to your stay with us.

I was delighted that you enjoyed your stay and you found the team to be polite however I did note your comments in regards to the internet service you experienced.

We have just changed our internet provider which will improve the options and speed of the service we can provide our guests in addition to the recently installed connectivity station in the Lobby area for guest use. I hope you will see a big improvement on your next stay. I apologise for the inconvenience this caused you on this occasion.

Some minor refurbishments have been made to a selection of guest rooms with plans for future upgrades in place. As you can imagine this is a large project that is time consuming to ensure minimal disruptions to the business.

I appreciate your comments in regards to valet parking. We do have a couple of options available to our guests. Our Concierge team are happy to valet park your car for $34 or there is also a self-parking option for $18. Our most popular option is valet parking for the convenience.

I hope to welcome you back to Hilton Adelaide in the future.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Just spent another fabulous weekend at the Adelaide Hilton. It really is the best place to stay whilst in Adelaide. The location is excellent, the recently refurbished guest rooms very stylish and comfortable and the most welcoming and professional staff(especially at the front desk).A credit to the Hilton Brand.

Room Tip: Higher floor with corner room has excellent views of Victoria Square and the Adelaide Hills
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
PNorsell, General Manager at Hilton Adelaide, responded to this review, July 28, 2013
Dear TiinaM01,

Thank you for taking the time to pass on your comments in regards to your recent stay at Hilton Adelaide.

It is pleasing to note that you enjoyed your stay and you found the upgraded rooms and facilities to your liking.

I appreciate your comments in regards to the service you received from the team particularly from Reception. We do have a great team that genuinely care for our guests and I am pleased that you found them to be welcoming and professional.

I look forward to seeing you again soon.

Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed July 25, 2013

The Hilton Adelaide is perfectly located across the road from Victoria Park with trams at the door and a 2 minute walk around the corner to the City Markets and a small shopping centre. The Hilton has a comfortable lounge where you can relax with a drink and nibbles after a busy day shopping. Definitely worth a stay

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Peter H,

Thank you for your positive review on Trip Advisor.

I was delighted that you were pleased with your stay and you were happy with the location of the hotel conveniently in the hub of Victoria Square and in walking distance to the popular shopping areas. We are fortunate to have a tram stop opposite the hotel which enables free travel around the city centre.

Our Lobby Lounge is a perfect way to end your day for a drink and some light refreshments and I am pleased you were able to relax and enjoy the atmosphere.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

Was a little bit dissapointed this time, third time I have stayed at the Hilton and Mum and I wanted to treat oursleves to a girls night in Adelaide.
Staff were pleasant on arrival and room had been set up as requested with two double beds. Our room overlooked Victoria square, which was nice, and had opening windows, also a bonus.
Bathroom was quite out-dated, and one of the lights didn't work properly. Our TV didn't work and we had to get someone up to fix it. TV was a bit old, and the picture wasn't great. Enjoyed a nice drink down at the lobby, with very helpful staff.
I do understand how valet parking works and am happy to pay for it, but was a bit put out that the first time I requested for my brand new car to be brought back up the porter had shifted the seat significantly and also changed the radio station setting, which I didn't think he would need to do for a 5 minutes journey. When leaving I called from the room as asked for my car to be brought up, and after waiting in the lobby for a good 10 minutes I walked out the front and asked where the car was and the porter pointed me to my car, parked a good 100 metres away at the taxi rank. The pull in bay at the front of the hotel was not full so I was bit surprised that we had to walk up there to the car with our bags. Despite the fact I had only ordered the car up 15 minutes earlier the vehicle looked as though it had been rained on quite alot, despite it not raining from the time I rang up to the time we got in the car. Made me a little concerned that my car had not infact been in valet parking all night, which makes me very relucant to use the valet service in the future, as I was under the impression the vehicles were not brought up until requested. Probably wouldn't stay again, but my previous stays have been much more pleasant.

Room Tip: Try and get a room facing Victoria Square...with opening windows.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Just_Been_Travelling,

I appreciate your review on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay at Hilton Adelaide.

I was pleased that you were happy with your room and you found the team welcoming on arrival however I was concerned about some of the issues you experienced during your stay.

I apologise that the TV in your room wasn’t working however pleased that this was repaired on request. We have recently completed some minor improvements to guest areas of the hotel with future plans in place for further upgrades. I apologise for the inconvenience.

Valet parking is a service we provide to our guests and I apologise for the shortfalls in service you received in this regard. It is sometimes essential for a team member to move the seat for safety reasons however nothing else should be changed in the vehicle. We do have an agreement with a local undercover car park and all guests cars are securely left in the car park until collection is requested. No cars are left outside overnight. Please rest assured this incident will be discussed with the Concierge Supervisor for further investigation.

I hope you will allow me the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I stayed at the hotel for a week early July 2013. I found the staff extremely pleasant and efficient. The total restaurant offers a good choice of food and has a very good wines offering. The recently opened Collins bar is a very vibrant place for drinks or light food. Overall it has been a great experience.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

PNorsell, General Manager at Hilton Adelaide, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Dear DAW41,

I appreciate you posting your review on Trip Advisor.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your week long stay with us and you were able to experience the delightful food and wine offered in the Brasserie Restaurant. We do have a large selection of world class wines from around the globe and I am pleased you had the time to experience our selection.

Our newly opened Collins bar is a popular spot for gathering for a few unique cocktails and a large offering of food and is the new place to visit in Adelaide.

I look forward to welcoming back soon.