I stayed here as part of my business trip to Adelaide, and chose the hotel as I am an Hilton Honours Member. The check in process was smooth, and quick, and no line. The room was ready. I felt that the process was too automated, and not personalized. No information about the facilities, no mention of Breakfast, dinner times offers etc. I found this very poor standard, and have experienced better at 2 star hotels. There is no offer of prepaid breakfast like at many of the other Hilton Hotels in Australia, and was rudely told that you have to arrange this before you arrive. First I Have heard of it.
I wasnt even directed to where the lifts were and walked around looking for it for a few minutes and had to sheepishly ask someone.
Rooms: The rooms were good. A number of scuff marks on the walls. The furniture was tired, chipped and very marked. The bed was fantastic and large as at all of the Hilton hotels, It made for an excellent night sleep. The executive room had both a seperate shower and bath which I found was great. The bath was large enough to be relaxing. Loved the peter roth products including the bath tablet.
Service: I found the food and beverage service very average, no smiles at the bar and decided to go outside for food and beverage. I also have to give a plus for the Barista in the morning, made a fantastic coffee, and arranged for a mixed fresh juice as I was running late for my meeting. Very friendly and accommodating, and made my day better with her suggestions. Please give her a catch me at my best nomination as I didnt have enough time to fill it out.
Facilities: The pool was ok, but located outside, but if it was colder might be an issue, as well as its located on the terrace. The gym was basic but suited all my needs, and also has a sauna and dipping pools which get a large tick from me.
Overall a good stay, lots of room for improvement with the reception staff. Will stay again in July.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Hilton Adelaide and South Australia. Centrally located in the heart of the city, overlooking Victoria Square, Hilton Adelaide is the perfect hotel for business, leisure or both! This hotel is just a stone’s throw from Adelaide’s shopping, dining, theatre and business precincts. Next door is the famous Adelaide Central Market and around the corner you will find Chinatown and Gouger Street, Adelaide’s largest restaurant precinct. Getting around is easy when you stay at Hilton Adelaide, at its doorstep is the free city tram taking you directly to seaside Glenelg or along North Terrace to the Adelaide Casino, Convention Centre, Entertainment Centre, Festival Centre and Rundle Mall. An easy stroll away from the hotel is Adelaide Oval, River Torrens and historical North Terrace. South Australians pride themselves on enjoying the good life, particularly the joys of fine wine and food. Hilton Adelaide's proximity to so many of the best wineries in the country including McLaren Vale and the Adelaide Hills, which guests can see from their rooms. On the outskirts of the city is lush countryside and 20 minutes by car or tram, lies the natural beauty of unspoiled beaches. SLEEP: Designed with the discerning traveller in mind, Hilton Adelaide's great choice of 374 accommodation rooms, ranging from stylish Deluxe rooms to the exclusive luxury of the Executive Floor and suites, set the standard for accommodation in South Australia. As a standard, each guest room offers individually controlled air conditioning, Foxtel Digital, pay movies, WIFI. Other amenities include mini bar, hairdryer, safes, tea and coffee making facilities. Smoking and special needs rooms are available. RELAX: The Executive Lounge boasts views over this beautiful city and towards the coast and offers a dedicated reception area for personalised check-in and check-out. Continental Buffet Breakfast, afternoon refreshments, evening cocktails and canapes are served exclusively to Executive Floor guests along with complimentary WIFI. ENJOY: Hilton Adelaide boasts extensive leisure facilities including a gym, sauna, an outdoor heated swimming pool and tennis court with a jogging track exclusively available to all hotel guests. WINE DINE & HAVE FUN: The latest edition to Hilton Adelaide’s food & beverage offering is Coal Cellar + Grill. Bringing it back to basics and true to its name, the menu highlights the best of South Australia’s produce using a variety of cooking methods including the feature charcoal grill and rotisserie. The wine choice is abundant with over 500 labels listed, majority from South Australia and all on display in the Cellar. The restaurant and lounge compliments the popular cocktail destination in Adelaide – The Collins Bar, so guests visiting, meeting or sleeping at Hilton Adelaide will not need to leave to have a fun night out! Coal Cellar + Grill is Seriously South Australian®. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hilton Adelaide reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Adelaide Hotel Adelaide
- Hilton International Adelaide
- Adelaide Hilton International