The hotel is located right next to Chinatown and Central Market, so you will not go hungry. The yum char/dimsum is offered by a number of restaurants in Gouger St. The hotel is also centrally located and within walking distance to Rumble Mall. However, the first sight of the building--it is not interesting at all (I'm being polite about this). But then I suppose Adelaide, as a city is not that interesting architecturally. Much thought is given over to the ballrooms and function venues, as the hotel is very popular for those. The picture of the lobby is actually of the lobby bar, so if you sit down there, you will be asked what drink you would like to order. The lobby bar is not that large, as it looks in the picture. There is no real lobby sitting.
The room I had was very generic, and you could be in any contemporary hotel. Not any artistic drama in the rooms. i suppose they think that their guests would rather go out and party downstairs. There was a drunk guest who knocked on my door at 3am, obviously very drunk and couldn't find her room.The hotel is also stingy and does not provide free wifi in the rooms. There is free wifi in the "public areas", meaning their lobby (but there is no space to sit except in the lounge bar). I had better wifi signals walking in Adelaide beside the Ambassador Hotel, and the SAW building across from the Hilton. The desk clerks are very friendly and approachable.
I could have rated this hotel lower, except that they had a lounge singer on Friday night that had a dreamy and mellow voice, that erased my annoyance at having to do my internet work in the lobby. The singers on Saturday, a couple, did not attract me as much.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Hilton Adelaide and South Australia. Centrally located in the heart of the city, overlooking Victoria Square, Hilton Adelaide is the perfect hotel for business, leisure or both! This hotel is just a stone’s throw from Adelaide’s shopping, dining, theatre and business precincts. Next door is the famous Adelaide Central Market and around the corner you will find Chinatown and Gouger Street, Adelaide’s largest restaurant precinct. Getting around is easy when you stay at Hilton Adelaide, at its doorstep is the free city tram taking you directly to seaside Glenelg or along North Terrace to the Adelaide Casino, Convention Centre, Entertainment Centre, Festival Centre and Rundle Mall. An easy stroll away from the hotel is Adelaide Oval, River Torrens and historical North Terrace. South Australians pride themselves on enjoying the good life, particularly the joys of fine wine and food. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hilton Adelaide reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Adelaide Hotel Adelaide
- Hilton International Adelaide
- Adelaide Hilton International