“Hilton Hotel”

Ranked #18 of 57 Hotels in Adelaide
Sth Austalia, Australia
“Hilton Hotel”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Lovely hotel, bed was king size and comfortable. Lousy TV reception. they said they were changing TV's but couldn't understand why they still had bad reception for a 5 star hotel. also only about 7 channels. No free Wifi. Would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

NicollaGregory, General Manager at Hilton Adelaide, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Dear Maria H,

Thank you for your comments in regards to your recent stay at Hilton Adelaide.

I was pleased that you enjoyed your stay and you were happy with the comfort of your bed.

I did note your comments in regards to the Television in your room. We are in the process of updating the Televisions in the guest rooms however as you can imagine this is a large project that takes time. We have also just changed our internet provider and installed a connectivity station in the Lobby to enable us to get a more reliable service. I apologise for the inconvenience caused on this occasion.

Hilton Adelaide

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (418)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Perth, Australia
Reviewed May 1, 2013

We stayed in a suite and it was a great design with office space, king size bed, lounge area, walk in robe and spacious functional bathroom. Valet parking was excellent - car was waiting out the front at the designated time.Only thing we didn't like was the Brasserie style restaurant off the lobby - too noisy and little ambience.

Hotel is in a great location with a hundred restaurants just around the corner near china town. Very easy to find when driving from the airport and also easy to navigate out of town.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 914Swanny914
NicollaGregory, General Manager at Hilton Adelaide, responded to this review, May 5, 2013
Dear 914Swanny914,

Thank you for taking the time to pass on your feedback in regards to your recent stay with us.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and you were happy with your room and facilities. Valet parking is a popular service offered to our guests due to convenience and I am glad you were able to make use of this.

It was disappointing that you found the Brasserie restaurant not to your liking however we are fortunate to be located in the hub of Victoria Square close to many other restaurant choices and in walking distance to the popular shopping areas.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed April 28, 2013

We spent two nights being cared for at the Hilton in Adelaide and were sad to leave. It is an excellent base from which to explore the city and our American friend rated his martini as "the best ever" and that is rare praise indeed - he is 90!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
NicollaGregory, General Manager at Hilton Adelaide, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear Peter D,

Thank you for your feedback in regards to your recent stay with us.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and you were happy with the service you received from the team.

We are in a convenient location and perfect for sightseeing around our beautiful city and I am pleased that you chose Hilton Adelaide as your base.

I appreciate your comments in regards to “the best ever martini”. We have some very experienced and passionate bar tenders who take pride in ensuring their product is unique and top class for our guests.

Your sincerely,

Perth, Australia
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Great service, great location, fantastic rooms. Highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Adelaide, particulary on business.Good value for money and a very nice executive lounge worth the extra money.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

NicollaGregory, General Manager at Hilton Adelaide, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear Paul G C,

Thank you for your positive review on Trip Advisor.

I was delighted that you were pleased with the service you received during your stay. We do have a great team that make every effort to ensure our guests have an enjoyable stay and I appreciate your recommendation of Hilton Adelaide.

Our Executive Lounge is perfect for the business traveller with a lounge available to Executive guests including complimentary drinks and canapés in the evenings and a continental breakfast in the mornings and I am pleased you were able to experience this.

chadstone
Reviewed April 21, 2013

poor standard of accomodation and care of customers. Minimal help with printing a boarding pass for the out going flight. Poor standard of room for a business visit. The TV was inadequate. The paint on the ceiling above the bath was peeling.

Thank steve.bChadstone
Dear steve bChadstone,

I was concerned that you were not totally satisfied with your stay. Please rest assured we do strive to provide a high quality service to our guests and I apologise that on this occasion you felt this was not the case.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the lapse in service standards you experienced. Rest assured I share your disappointment in this matter and have in response addressed with my management team to ensure such lapses are not repeated.

I do apologise that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion. I would however encourage you to treat this as an exception rather than a reflection of the hotel as my team and I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Hilton Adelaide again in the future.

London
Reviewed April 21, 2013

This hotel really does qualify for the "tired" adjective. The rooms are adequate but don't look as if they've been updated for some decades, and it's no use talking about refurbs now or in the future: they charge their rates for what's now on offer. That said, the beds are comfortable and the basics are ok - plus the hotel's location is excellent.

But the other negatives include: eye-watering charges for wi-fi, which came to $29 a day. It would have rated 3 without that. Poor breakfast service despite more high charges. Room cleaning done very late on one day. And the final bill was wrong, unless laundering a shirt really is $30 each. (They corrected it, but without any explanation or apology.) I'm sure it must be possible to do better in Adelaide.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Londoner5870
Dear Londoner5870,

Thank you for your honest feedback in regards to your recent stay at Hilton Adelaide.

I was pleased that you found your bed comfortable and you were happy with the location of the hotel however I did note your negative comments about certain aspects of your stay.

We do have plans in place for further upgrades to the hotel however I understand your comments in regards to what is currently available to guests. We do monitor our rates and keep them up to date with the current local market.

We are currently in the process of changing our internet provider and price options available to our guests with the addition of a complimentary connectivity station being installed in the Lobby area. I apologise for the lack of service and errors which occurred during your stay. This is not the service we pride ourselves in and please rest assured this has been discussed with my management team to ensure they reiterate with their teams the importance of providing a five star service to our valued guests.

I hope you will allow me the opportunity of welcoming you back to Hilton Adelaide in the future.

Melbourne
Reviewed April 20, 2013

I was a bit worried after reading previous reviews but found nothing to be concerned about. We stayed in a King Deluxe room - it looked updated, extremely comfortable bed, very competent service. The location is superb being close to the Central Market including Haigh's chocolates and Vintage Cellars as well as Coles. The Gouger St restaurants give you plenty of choice for cheap eats. The Rundle Mall is a short walk away.

My only grizzle would be that we couldn't use both types of shower options which meant that we routinely flooded the bathroom floor.

1 Thank luxuryqueenMelbourne
Dear luxuryqueenMelbourne,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience on Trip Advisor.

I was delighted that you enjoyed your stay and you found your room comfortable. I appreciate your positive comments in regards to the service you received from the team and I am pleased you were able to enjoy the location of the hotel being close to many fine restaurants and in walking distance to the shopping areas in Adelaide.

I apologise for the problem with your shower. We are currently investigating this design fault and I apologise for any inconvenience.