“A comfortable stay”

Ranked #18 of 57 Hotels in Adelaide
Sydney
“A comfortable stay”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

This Hilton is centrally located about a 10 minute walk to Rundle Mall. There is a tram stop opposite the hotel. A supermarket literally around the corner in Grote Street. There are many restaurant options in Gouger Street. The room was fine but the decor was very bland and lacking the wow factor however the bed was comfy and the room had everything you could need for an overnight stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
NicollaGregory, General Manager at Hilton Adelaide, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear travellindonnie62,

Thank you for your feedback in regards to your recent stay at Hilton Adelaide.

I am pleased that you found the hotel to be centrally located and you found the tram stop opposite the hotel convenient when travelling around the city. We are lucky to be located in Victoria Square within walking distance to the main shopping areas and the central business district.

I appreciate your comments in regards to the décor of the rooms. We are currently working on upgrading all the guest rooms in the hotel to give a more modern look and feel.

I look forward to welcoming you back so you can experience the upgraded facilities.

Hilton Adelaide

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (409)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed March 8, 2013

I got a good deal on the Hilton booking engine (non-changeable, pay in advance), BUT - I made a mistake with my dates, didn't I, and booked for the wrong night! I've never done that before, and was so despondent when on check-in it was discovered that I didn't have a reservation for that night. As Scott, the clerk at the desk, went off to see if anything could be done, I was glum. 'Not a problem', says Scott, 'and I can upgrade you to an executive king!'.
What service - you absolutely made my day, Scott. And the room was terrific - I have seen the reviews saying that the rooms were old and in need of refurbishment, but mine wasn't like that at all, it was great.
Many many thanks, Hilton!! And Scott!

Room Tip: Get a room on a high floor
1 Thank epsc007
NicollaGregory, General Manager at Hilton Adelaide, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
Dear epsc,

Thank you for your comments in regards to your recent stay with Hilton Adelaide.

I was delighted that you enjoyed your stay and pleased that we were able to accommodate you when your dates were incorrect.

I appreciate your comments in regards to your upgraded room and the service you received from Scott. Please rest assured I will thank Scott personally for ensuring your stay was an enjoyable one.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Adelaide.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Arrived for long stay during the fringe festival, I was informed by reception they would charge my card the nightly amount + $100 each night totalling over $4000. Unnecessary!!!

Room was clean and well presented, housekeeping was very good.

facilities were lacking the gym was below what I would have expected. Everything had a charge I was scared to make eye contact fearing a smile back would be charged to my room + $100 for each smile.
Internet came with a charge surely if McDonalds can offer free wifi then the Hilton really should, it's 2013. I tried the 'free' wifi in the lobby and got speeds of 0.56mbps which is a lot slower than my own 3G connection.
I enquired and was told that many people are using the wifi connection and this why it was slow the time was 1am and 2 people were in the lobby of the hotel at the time including myself. Even so if 'free' wifi is to be offered in a communal space allow for more than 2 people to use it!
When checking out I was charged for mini bar items I had not consumed, when I asked what I had supposedly consumed the charge was removed instantly.

Overall I was disappointed with the hotel and will not return, it did not meet the standards I had previously associated with the Hilton brand.
I can see the rise of value budget hotels continuing.

Adelaide was fantastic!!

Room Tip: Try another hotel.
1 Thank pbez
Dear pbez,

Thank you for your constructive comments in regards to your stay at Hilton Adelaide recently.

I was pleased that you were happy with the presentation and cleanliness of your room however I was concerned to read that you were not totally satisfied with your stay.

As with all five star hotels we do ask for a credit card or $100 per night to cover any incidentals that may be consumed during you stay. This is only a hold on your credit card and is not put through as a charge until check out. I apologise if this was not explained to you when making your reservation.

I appreciate your comments in regards to the gym. We are currently upgrading all the guest areas of the hotel. This is a large project that as you can appreciate will take time to ensure we minimise the disruption to our guests.

We are currently reviewing the internet facilities provided to the guests including a new connectivity station currently being installed in the Lobby area for guest use. I apologise for the inconvenience on this occasion and hope to have this rectified soon.

I apologise for the confusion with your mini bar items however I am pleased that this was rectified to your satisfaction upon check out.

I hope you will allow me the opportunity of welcoming you back to Hilton Adelaide in the future.

Ubud, Indonesia
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Staff were uniformly excellent and friendly and the breakfast in the lobby was very good (as was the service). Great to be in the centre of Adelaide however there was some noise due to Festival/Clipsal 500 activities. Executive King was spotless but ready for a makeover and not really worth the asking price. However the Exec Lounge made up for this somewhat. Not sure why internet is not free in the room (given the tariff) however free in the Exec Lounge.

Room Tip: A room facing the water may be quieter
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Bubstr,

Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor.

I was pleased that you found the team friendly and you were happy with the location in the hub of Victoria Square and close to many fine restaurants, China Town and the Central Markets.

I did note your comments in regards to the internet facilities. We are in the process of upgrading these facilities for guests with the addition of a connectivity station which is currently being installed in the Lobby area. I apologise for the inconvenience on this occasion.

I was delighted that you were able to experience our popular breakfast in the Brasserie Restaurant. Our Chefs take pride in creating a five star buffet using quality local ingredients with many items to choose from.

The hotel is currently undergoing a rolling renovation program with the aim of upgrading all the guest areas of the hotel. Many of our rooms have already undergone improvements and we have recently opened up our fine new renovated bar in the Lobby area. As you can appreciate this is a long process to ensure minimal disruption to our guests.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Adelaide in the future.

Yours Sincerely,

Darwin, Australia
Reviewed March 4, 2013

The staff were fantastic, the food at the restaurant was amazing, location was perfect but I was disappointed by the room itself. We stayed in an executive room (this was one of the only rooms available around the dates we were staying) and the room decore is screaming for an update, it was so boring there was no colour anywhere, the walls were big and empty and the bathrooms are in need of some renovating. The biggest plus for us besides location was the bed - it's to die for, it was like sleeping on a cloud! Adelaide Hilton - please add some character to your rooms, we're paying big dollars for luxury and I'd like to walk in next time and be in awe of the decore, not let down.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Bloss22,

Thank you for taking the time to pass on your feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

I was delighted that you enjoyed your stay and you found the location of the hotel convenient and the food in the Brasserie amazing. We do have some very talented Chefs who enjoy creating a top quality product for our guests to enjoy.

I appreciate your comments in regards to the décor and I am pleased to say that we are currently in the process of renovating all the guest areas of the hotel with a more modern look and feel. I apologise for your disappointment on this occasion.

I look forward to welcoming you back so you can experience our updated facilities.

Australind, Australia
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Often struggle to find a good hotel room in Adelaide that is worth the money. The Hilton semi-solved that issue. The price is a little high, however, the rooms are comfortable and modern, especially loved the bathroom. Walls are a little thin though. Staff are friendly and overall hotel is what you would expect of a Hilton in APAC. Hotel of choice whilst in Adelaide!

Room Tip: Request an upgrade!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Hoony,

Thank you for your feedback in regards to your recent stay with us.

I appreciate your comments in regards to the standard of service and comfortable facilities offered at Hilton Adelaide and I am delighted that it is your hotel of choice when you are in Adelaide.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Toowoomba, Australia
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Great location, helpful staff. Highly recommend this hotel for business or leisure travels. The bathroom wasnt the biggest but it provided everything needed. The walk in shower was great. Plenty of cafes and restaurants nearby and the city central is a short walk. Very quiet location, excellent staff and amenities.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Leonie957,

Thank you for your positive feedback on Trip Advisor.

I was delighted that you enjoyed your stay and you were happy with your room and amenities.

We are in a great location of Adelaide with only a short walk to the main Central Business District and plenty of local restaurants and sights of interest close by.

I appreciate your comments in regards to the team. We do strive to provide a five star service and I am glad you found the team very helpful and friendly on this occasion.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.