“Nice Hotel In Adelaide” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Adelaide

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Ranked #16 of 58 Hotels in Adelaide
Endicott, New York
“Nice Hotel In Adelaide”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

I said at this hotel in early Jan 2013. The hotel is a little dated with furniture, carpet and decor but had a very plesent stay while in Adelaide. The staff was very friendly and attentive. The excecutive lounge was limited hours due to the holiday, but the hotel compensated with bistro and breakfast in the main restaurant. Location is good and close to local restaurants and shopping. I will definately stay here again if back in Adelaide.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
NicollaGregory, General Manager at Hilton Adelaide, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Dear Jim S,

Thank you for your positive comments in regards to your stay at the beginning of the year.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and you found the staff to be friendly and attentive.

During the holiday season we do reduce the opening hours of the Executive Lounge however breakfast and evening canapés is still served to Executive floor guests in the Brasserie Restaurant. I apologise for the inconvenience.

We are fortunate to be located next to the Central markets and in walking distance to shopping areas and popular restaurants.

Hilton Adelaide

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (395)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

I've been staying here for years, am a Hilton Honors Diamond member, and have previously reviewed this as my choice of hotel in Adelaide. We booked 2 interconnecting rooms for a family long weekend in stay late November, and I agree with recent reviews that this hotel is not what it once was.
There was no "welcome back" from check in staff, or a welcome card / letter from the GM in the room as there has been in the past.
We were upgraded to the executive floor but these un-renovated rooms, as others have said, are feeling dated and shabby. The set up of the doors was awkward and one door had an automatic closer so the space was inconvenient for a family stay. I called down and asked if someone could adjust or remove the auto closer but no one ever responded.
Our first morning it took over 45 minutes for our car to be brought around by the valet after we called down for it.
We had dinner in the Brasserie to celebrate my Mum and brothers' birthdays. Despite visiting the restaurant (twice) prior to dinner to ask if they could put a candle on top of each of the birthday boy /girls deserts, and being told "yes no problem" this didn't happen. Instead of an apology from the waitress we copped attitude. The maitre de apologised but all too late really.
On a more positive note the executive lounge was very busy but the staff were fantastic. We ate breakfast there each day with our 2.5 year old and baby and it was lovely and peaceful.
We did enjoy our stay but I was left feeling there were a series of things that let the hotel down. Its interesting to read that others feel the same way, and I hope that the Hilton can lift their game to be the number 1 choice in Adelaide again

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank BozD
NicollaGregory, General Manager at Hilton Adelaide, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Dear BozD,

Thank you for your comments in regards to your recent stay at Hilton Adelaide and thank you for your continued loyalty.

I was pleased that you were happy with your upgrade to the Executive floor and the service you received from the team in the Executive Lounge.

I was concerned to read your comments in regards to your disappointment in the service standards. We strive to achieve a five star service for all of our valued guests and please rest assured this has not changed.

As you are aware we are in the process of upgrading all the guest areas of the hotel however as you can appreciate a project of that size does take time.

I have discussed the issue you experienced with the interconnecting door with our Chief Engineer and due to fire standards it is necessary to have the self auto closer on the door however I apologise for the inconvenience this caused during your stay.

I understand your disappointment in the lack of service you received from the Brasserie Restaurant. I realise this was a special occasion and you expected more. I have discussed this with the Food and Beverage Manager who will ensure his team is briefed and extra training provided.

I do apologise that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion. I would however encourage you to treat this as an exception rather than a reflection of the hotel and I hope you will give me the opportunity of welcoming you back to Hilton Adelaide again to experience the five star service we pride ourselves on.

Adelaide, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

This review is only about the cocktail lounge. I met some female friends for farewell drinks, expecting to spend a few hours together. The lounge has not changed in 20 years. The air conditioning was inadequate for an admittedly very hot day. The tables were dirty, the floor had obvious food stains and it took two tries over at least 45 minutes to have the food near our table removed. The waiting staff were sweet, but seemed inexperienced and disorganized. There was a free bowl of nuts and a couple of intermittent trays of melon and prosciutto offered over a three hour period on a Friday afternoon. There was live music, a single man on guitar, which was enjoyable.
Overall however I would not return. We were paying top dollar for drinks ($60 for a bottle of Domain Chandon and $20 for a cocktail). Neither the ambience or the service were worthy of such pricing.
I feel quite despondent that an old favorite is so down at heel.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Catherine G
Dear Catherine G,

Thank you for your feedback in regards to your recent experience at Hilton Adelaide.

I was concerned to read of your disappointment in the Lobby Lounge. Please rest assured this has been discussed with the Food and Beverage Manager who will discuss your comments with his team. We are in the process of a rolling renovation program with the aim of upgrading all the guest areas of the hotel. Renovations are currently underway on the bar in the Lobby area with completion expected in late January with future upgrades expected to take place in the Lobby Lounge.

I hope to welcome you back to Hilton Adelaide in the future to enjoy the benefits of the upgraded facilities.

Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

My partner and I travelled to Adelaide for Xmas with our two dogs and wanted to stay at a hotel for a break from the family so we booked into the Hilton as it allows pet.

The accommodation and service was very good. The staff were very good with our dogs and whenever they saw them were very friendly. We had a comfortable room.

I am giving the hotel an average rating for a few issues we encountered

We booked directly on the website and as we were travelling with pets reviewed the terms in a lot of detail. On the website the only policy associated with pets is a $500 refundable deposit.

On check in we had a sign a waiver for the pets and the policy stated only one pet per room. We didn't encounter an issue with our two small dogs, but this may have been down to the goodwill of the person checking us in. If travelling with two dogs I would advise you to call ahead and confirm.

On check out we were charged $90 for the pets. Reviewing the web site there is no mention of this charge for pets (if it is it is very well hidden).

The air conditioning was also very loud.

My other quibble and it is a small one is that the sofas in our room had a few stains. When paying extra to stay in a suite it would be nice for all the furniture to be in tip top shape.

Overall it was good and we would stay there again if we travelled with our dogs.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank DC1977
Dear DC1977,

Thank you for taking the time to forward your comments on Trip Advisor.

I was delighted that you enjoyed your stay and you were pleased with the room you were allocated.

I apologise for the confusion with the pet policy. I have discussed this with our Marketing Manager and this will be investigated further. I appreciate you bringing this to my attention.

We are in the process of renovating all the guest areas of the hotel including the guest rooms which will give a fresh look and feel. I appreciate your comments in this regard.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Adelaide soon.

Richmond, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

Stayed here on the 28th - 29th of December 2012. Centrally Located, and great value for Money picked this up on the Hilton website for $135 per night. The parking at $35 over night, is over priced and you can park at the bus station around the corner for $18.

There is a great Restaurant scene around the corner with lots of options. We ended up with Korean one night and Italian the next.

Ask for a Corner room if you can get one. ( Multi window views ).

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Nathan_Hill
Dear Mr Hill,

Thank you for your feedback in regards to your recent stay at Hilton Adelaide.

I was delighted that you enjoyed your stay and you were fortunate to secure a good rate.

A couple of different options are available for parking your vehicle including a self park option however most of our guests find valet parking more convenient.

We are lucky to be located in the hub of Victoria Square close to the popular shopping districts and many fine restaurants showcasing different cuisines.

Adelaide, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

Stayed here over New Years and was surprised how dated the hotel is. Rooms were nice but very poor tv reception. Pool and spa very dated and needing upgrade. Spa didn't even work. Service ok. Certainly the Hilton would not be among the best hotels in Adelaide

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank e_and_r_57
Dear e_and_r_57,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments in regards to your stay on New Years Eve.

I was pleased that you were happy with your room however concerned that you were not totally satisfied with your stay.

We are currently in the process of updating all the guest areas of the hotel including the bar in the Lobby which is currently under construction.

I hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Hilton Adelaide in the future to enjoy the upgraded facilities.

Canberra, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

My family and I stayed six nights over Christmas in two connecting rooms. We were upgraded on check in to two nice rooms over-looking the park. The rooms looked like they had been recently renovated and were well appointed. The bathrooms had also been renovated and although small, were clean and functional as well as having a nice clean look to them.

I have two minor complaints with the renovated rooms.
1. There were no drawers to unpack into, only a closet with hanging space. This wouldn't be a problem on a short business trip, but as we were staying for six nights we wanted to unpack. There was a space under the safe that might have been used for this purpose, but the shelves that should have been there were stacked in the bottom because of missing clips to hold them up.
2. The bed and pillows were good, but the bed head was hard wood. With only two pillows it was uncomfortable to sit up in bed and read before going to sleep. A soft bed head or more pillows could have solved this.

Our room rate included breakfast, so we ate breakfast in the cafe each day. The cafe area was nice and again looked like it had recently been renovated. The staff were pleasant and efficient, and the food quality was good. The staff also went the extra mile when my daughter asked for chocolate chip waffles. After explaining that they weren't part of the breakfast buffet, they said that they would see what they could do. Ten minutes later, a plate of beautifully presented chocolate chip waffles with fresh strawberries appeared, which my daughter said were the best she had eaten.

The location is very good with the Central Markets just around the corner, along with Chinatown and a street of good restaurants. With the tram stop right out front you can take a free tram two stops to Rundle mall or pay to take the tram to Glenelg. There was also a taxi rank next to the hotel, so there was never any problem getting a taxi.

While not an exceptional hotel, this was a good hotel that we would look forward to staying at again in the future.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank PaulB36
NicollaGregory, General Manager at Hilton Adelaide, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Dear PaulB36,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on Trip Advisor.

I was delighted that you enjoyed your stay and you were happy with your room and the upgrade you received.

I appreciate your comments in regards to the shelves and the pillows in your room. Unfortunately I am not aware of the room that you were in however I have asked Housekeeping to check and ensure the shelves are repaired. Our new standard is to have four pillows on each bed which is currently being rolled out however we do have extra pillows available from Housekeeping upon request. I apologise for the inconvenience.

Our Chefs provide a wide selection of local fresh produce on the breakfast buffet and I was pleased to hear that you were able to experience this and also get the chocolate chip waffles your daughter requested.

Our location is second to none and we are fortunate to be able to enjoy the close proximity of the local shopping areas and fine restaurants in Gouger Street including the convenience of the tram at our doorstep.