“Wonderful Stay”
Review of Hilton Adelaide

Ranked #18 of 56 Hotels in Adelaide
Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

Just Had a wonderful stay. Nice room, stayed in a Junior Suite. Would recommend. Great views.

Very nice bathroom and efficient valet parking!

Self check out is great idea!

Also great coffee in the brassiere

• Stayed: December 2012
NicollaGregory, General Manager at Hilton Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2012

Dear Petshopboy8,

I appreciate your comments on trip advisor and I am delighted that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay.

It was pleasing to read that you found the staff very helpful and you were happy with your room and bathroom amenities.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed December 7, 2012

This hotel was absolutely woeful. I was disgusted: other people's pubic hairs will do that for you. I realise the place is being refurbished, but even so, this was unacceptable for the price. Book-in was pleasant and polite. But it was all downhill after that. I had a queen bed. It had two pillows. None in the wardrobe, nor a spare blanket. Do they assume that guests all sleep with one pillow, or double them up and stick to one side of the bed? Oh ho - PILLOW MENU, I hear you scoff - that's what you should have done. I did. Rang reception and asked for two pillows. Shortly afterwards, one arrived. In a dingy and threadbare pillowslip, which looked suspiciously like polyester cotton.
Points for promptness, but not for hygiene. As the pubic hairs on the bathtub rim demonstrated.
The advertised bathrobes were absent. There was only one cake of soap. The tub had a fizzing bath salts tablet (useless in Adelaide's hard water) and some shower gel, but no soap. Not only that, but the two-way faucet was dodgy. The only was to fill the bath was by having the bath tap and the shower running together. Quite nasty.
Presumably this establishment wants to attract business travellers. If so, perhaps they might consider more power points. There were two that weren't already in use. So one has to decide which of the laptop, the phone and the iPad is safest charging in the bathroom. Oh, and wireless charges are high. Which is a shame because the 3G reception is so poor that if you want to do anything on line you're in for a long wait. Or a steep charge.
By the time I'd been in the room for ten minutes I was fuming. This didn't get any better when I looked at the breakfast menu. To get bacon, eggs and toast together, one needs to sign up for the super-duper you beaut breakfast which was (memory fails, although indignation doesn't) around $40. I could have replaced the bacon with some deli smoked fish for a lower (still absurd) price, but frankly, dead pig and smoked fish aren't interchangeable.
Fortunately there's a rather pleasant Indian restaurant in a side street off Gouger St, so I didn't have to wrestle with my conscience about justifying the dinner prices.
For my previous stay in Adelaide, five weeks earlier, I'd booked late and had to stay at the iStay Precinct - hardly a watchword for luxury. It was better-appointed and cleaner. On previous trips over the last year or so I've stayed at the Crowne Plaza, the Majestic and the Grand Chancellor on Currie. All of which were considerably superior.
I rate the Adelaide Hilton with Rydges in Wollongong. Except Rydges was cleaner and had enough pillows.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank PleaseChooseAnother
NicollaGregory, General Manager at Hilton Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2012

Dear PleaseChooseAnother,

Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor.

I was pleased that you found the service provided by our Reception staff pleasant however I was concerned to read of the issues surrounding your recent stay at Hilton Adelaide.

Please rest assured your feedback is important to us and rest assured hygiene is taken very seriously in our daily cleaning routine. I have discussed your comments with our Executive Housekeeper who will reinforce the importance of cleanliness and refreshing room amenities with her team.

I do apologise for your disappointment in certain areas on this occasion. I would however encourage you to treat this as an exception rather than a reflection of the hotel as my team and I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Hilton Adelaide again soon.

Reviewed December 6, 2012

I received a room upgrade by chance, because I am a member of their hotel club. We had a room with a king bed furnished for a business traveller. The bathroom was well appointed, having a separate shower and bath. I saw NO mould in the bathroom. Our rate included the full breakfast buffet, which was very good. Supposedly, there is free Internet in the lobby, but we gave up trying to make it work after 30 minutes. We chose this hotel for a one night stay to be near the airport for an early morning flight.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mtrodgers99

Dear mtrodgers99,

Thank you for taking the time to pass on your feedback in regards to your recent stay at Hilton Adelaide.

I was delighted that you enjoyed your stay and your upgrade and you were able to enjoy the buffet breakfast in the Brasserie Restaurant.

We are currently in the process of reviewing our internet facilities for our guests with a new connectivity station in the Lobby to be installed early in the new year. I do apologise for the inconvenience this caused during your stay.

Reviewed December 1, 2012

I had a nice stay here but the rooms were not of the standard I expect from a Hilton hotel.
The staff are pleasant and helpful
Buffet breakfast was very good
I attended a conference here and the catering was good for all meals
Great location on Victoria Square and the Adelaide Central Market is right next door.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
NicollaGregory, General Manager at Hilton Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2012

Dear Peta T,

Thank you for your positive comments in relation to your recent stay at Hilton Adelaide and the service you experienced from the team.

I was delighted that you enjoyed your stay and the buffet in the Brasserie Restaurant. We are lucky to be in a prime location in the hub of Victoria Square close to many popular restaurants and next to the central markets.

I apologise that you were not totally satisfied with your room on this occasion. We are currently undergoing upgrades to all the guest areas of the hotel which will create a more modern look and feel.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

My Husband and I stayed here to celebrate our wedding anniversary last weekend. We booked the Executive club room, had a lovely stay and would do so again.

We arrived early and our room was not ready yet and was advised that we were welcome to use the Executive lounge while waiting. We were greeted by a lovely staff member in the lounge who was so helpful and very friendly.

When we got to our room there was a complimentary bottle of sparkling there for us for our anniversary. Such a nice touch. Thanks Hilton :)

The executive lounge was always well stocked, good selection of food and drinks and the service was exceptional!

The rooms are really nice and the bed is amazing. Best night sleep ever. Wish I could take the bed home with me!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CJandJJ
NicollaGregory, General Manager at Hilton Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2012

Dear CJandJJ,

Thank you for your comments on trip advisor in regards to your recent stay at Hilton Adelaide.

I was delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that you were happy with the service you received from the team. We have a great team that pride themselves on providing five star service to our guests.

Our Executive Lounge is available to our Executive Floor guests which includes complimentary drinks and a selection of canapés. This is a lovely way to start your special stay and I am pleased you were able to experience this while waiting for your room.

Reviewed November 23, 2012

Another great hotel in a great town. You expect a certain amount of style from a Hilton - and this one certainly delivered in the bedrooms. The Front Of House areas of the hotel feel a little faded. Apparently this was the first 5* hotel in the area, and you can see that from the foyer and the rooftop tennis court (which is lethal - we lost 4 balls over the roof....).
The bar is reasonably priced, it's a hotel - so ofcourse it costs more than average, but it's not TOO bad. The staff are great and the rooms are lovely (certainly the one I was in was lovely - I guess they've all be re-designed recently?)

Would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: the corner rooms are good :)