“Really friendly hotel - just a little dated.”
Review of Hilton Adelaide

Ranked #18 of 56 Hotels in Adelaide
Reviewed November 23, 2012

Another great hotel in a great town. You expect a certain amount of style from a Hilton - and this one certainly delivered in the bedrooms. The Front Of House areas of the hotel feel a little faded. Apparently this was the first 5* hotel in the area, and you can see that from the foyer and the rooftop tennis court (which is lethal - we lost 4 balls over the roof....).
The bar is reasonably priced, it's a hotel - so ofcourse it costs more than average, but it's not TOO bad. The staff are great and the rooms are lovely (certainly the one I was in was lovely - I guess they've all be re-designed recently?)

Would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: the corner rooms are good :)
2  Thank Christopher W
NicollaGregory, General Manager at Hilton Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2012

Dear chrisrankin,

Thank you for passing on your comments on Trip Advisor.

I was pleased that you found the hotel to be of a high quality and happy that your room was to the standard you expected of a Hilton Hotel.

Hilton Adelaide is celebrating its 30 year anniversary this year and as such we are in the process of upgrading all the guest areas of the hotel to modernise the look of the hotel.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Adelaide in the future to enjoy the benefits of the upgrades.

Hilton Adelaide

Write a ReviewReviews (2,430)

Reviewed November 22, 2012

My partner and I felt very comfortable in the clean rooms and nice beds. But in terms of bang for your buck, there are better places in Adelaide. However. if money is of little concern to you and service is priority then the Hilton will surely satisfy your needs.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Tamara C

Dear Tamara C,

Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor.

I was happy to read that you were pleased with your room.

Our team pride ourselves on five star service and I am pleased that you felt your needs were taken care of and the service was of a high standard.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Adelaide in the future.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

Stayed overnight on business and found that it definitely is not as good as other Hilton's I have stayed at before. Recently I stayed at Adana Hilton in Turkey and that was magnificent, Hilton Adelaide compared to Adana fizzles. The rooms need a makeover, the service was not the usual standards (I arrived early and was informed the room was not ready and will be notified via my mobile once ready and should be around 2pm, hence 3pm and no call, I walked up to front desk and asked why its taking so long and was informed the room is actually ready but no one bothered to notify) and the buffet breakfast was average. The location is great in the heart of the cbd. Three stars as it lacks compared to other Hilton's.

Dear Gogeterus,

Thank you for taking the time to pass on your comments regarding your recent stay at Hilton Adelaide.

I was pleased that you found the location of the hotel convenient in the hub of Victoria Square within walking distance to the business district and close to the markets and popular restaurants on Gouger Street.

We are currently in the process of renovating all the guest areas of the hotel which will create a more modern and updated feel in the hotel.

I appreciate your comments which are valuable in enabling us to gain feedback of our performance thus allowing us to monitor and improve our services by focusing on your needs as a guest in the hotel.

I hope you will allow us the opportunity of welcoming you back to Hilton Adelaide in the future.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

The Hilton Adelaide is in a very good spot right at Victoria Square. Easy to sight see around the city and easy to walk to work if you're on business.
They have groups and conventions at times, so you may have to weave around some folks when the lobby areas get crowded.
I prefer to use strairs for a bit of exercise, but I found them annoying to use because you can't get out at the ground level, only the level one up from the ground level where they hold the group meetings and dinners.
The gym was adequate and the machines were modern and in good working order. But the free weights only go up to 9 kg, which isn't enough weight. Temperature in the gym was often uncomfortably high, presumably because it attaches to a sauna so the heat must leak through the wall and under the door.
The service was generally quite friendly and competent. The front desk answered promptly and seemed knowledgeable. My room was kept clean and tidy.
Watch out for the $29 per day internet fee, which seems exorbitant to me. If your stay is long ask if they're able to do a weekly rate of some kind.
I only ate there once because the menu was highly priced. The lobby bar has a nice selection of unique beers from around Australia which I really enjoyed and also has some food, though I wasn't too impressed with the spring rolls. The bar area was often lively, but the restaurant seemed mostly dead, especially at night.
The biggest reason this place earns only a 3 from me instead of a 4 was my room was not sound-proof at all. It was one of those connecting rooms with a door to another hotel room. Even when tightly shut and locked, I could clearly hear what was going on in the other room. Over my stay this included people making love one night, someone with a bad cough another few nights, and someone that liked to watch crime dramas on the TV. This made it difficult to sleep.
Overall it was a fair stay, though I'll probably try another place for my next visit.

Room Tip: Avoid connecting rooms if possible. The doors seem paper thin and you can hear everything going on...

Dear Vision337,

Thank you for your comments in regards to your recent stay and your positive comments in regards to the service you received from the team at Hilton Adelaide.

I was pleased that you found the location of the hotel convenient and easy to get around with the tram stop right outside or in walking distance to the main shopping areas of the city.

I appreciate your comments in regards to the rooms and facilities and I apologise for your disappointment on this occasion. We are in the process of a rolling renovation program which will see all the rooms and guest facilities upgraded. As you can appreciate this is a big job that takes time to complete with minimum disruption to our guests. We are currently undergoing upgrades to the bar in the Lobby area followed by other areas of the ground floor which will create a more modern look for the hotel.

I hope you will allow us the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Hilton in the future where you can experience the upgraded facilities.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

My partner and I recently stayed at the Adelaide Hilton for one night.
I had stayed at the hotel some years before and recall having mixed feelings about the quality of the room and level of service offered during that visit. However, as my partner is a Diamond member, I was hoping for a better experience this time around.

We received an upgrade to an executive room. While the room was nicely furnished and better appointed than some of the other rooms in the hotel, our room on level 18, the hotel’s top floor, experienced a fair bit of wind noise from the elevator shafts, even though we were away from the lifts.
The king sized bed was not a true king bed, it was made up of two singles pushed together, and the gap in between the two beds was quite noticeable and led to an uncomfortable and broken sleep.

The executive lounge seemed well appointed, but the lounge’s full service hours were a little too restrictive. Its complete closure during the day also came as a surprise, when considering that other executive lounges within the Hilton family, as well as in other hotels of similar rating, offer at least a basic service during the day.

The staff at check-in, in the executive lounge, and also in the restaurant, while friendly, were not overly welcoming or engaging as the staff at other Hilton properties.

Overall the stay was OK, but certainly not up to the same standard as other five star hotels.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
NicollaGregory, General Manager at Hilton Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

Dear KierenX,

Thank you for taking the time to forward some feedback on your recent experience at Hilton Adelaide.

I am glad you were able to experience an upgrade due to your partner’s diamond status however I was concerned that you were not totally satisfied due to the wind noise and the type of bed in your room.

As with most hotels we have King Zipper beds which enables us to change the configuration of the room to specifications required. We do have a thick woollen overlay on top of the bed to ensure maximum comfort however I apologise that this did not suit you.

Our Executive Lounge hours are 6.30am - 9pm so I am not sure why you found the Lounge closed. This will be investigated with the Lounge Manager.

We do strive to ensure our guests enjoy 5 star service. Our team pride themselves on providing this ultimate experience however I apologise that you did not feel they were very welcoming on this occasion. This will be brought to the attention of department Managers to discuss with their teams.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

This a very good hotel, particularly if you can get an executive room/suite and it has been refurbished (they may all be now). The arrival with a helpful doorman is great, reception prompt and the rooms are well equipped and spacious. Location is good for the CBD and governmental offices, there is a tram stop opposite for Glenelg and the beach. The restaurant has very good food but could do with becoming a bit more professional/special. At the moment the surroundings don't meet the standard of the food. The bar is a problem as it is a central meeting point in Adelaide so at times residents can't get a seat- so that is why you need to get to the executive lounge. The receptionist on the exec lounge is fantastic and a delight even after a 24hr journey from the UK

Room Tip: Junior suite- great space, great decor and comfortable facing the sea (miles away but you can just a...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
NicollaGregory, General Manager at Hilton Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2012

Dear fedupguest,

Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor.

I was delighted that you enjoyed your stay and you were pleased with your refurbished room. We are in the process of upgrading all the guest rooms and facilities which will create a more modern up to date feel.

We are very fortunate to be in a prime location in the business district in the city centre next to the tram stop and in walking distance to some fine restaurants.

I did note your comments in regards to the Brasserie Restaurant. I am pleased that you enjoyed the quality of the food however disappointed that you were not happy with the service. I have discussed this with the Restaurant Manager who will bring this to the attention of his team to ensure more care is taken to provide the five star service we pride ourselves on.

I am glad that you had the opportunity to experience the Executive Lounge and you were happy with the service you received from the team.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Adelaide in the future.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

Stayed here for one quick night on our way through Adelaide. The room was nice. Bed was extremely comfortable, spacious & clean. Had minimal dealings with staff, only on arrival & departure - were curtious, if not a bit snotty. Room Service breakfast was to die for & worth every penny. Valet service was top-notch.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Chloe W,

Thank you for taking the time to forward your feedback on your recent stay at Hilton Adelaide.

I appreciate your positive comments in regards to your room and your stay in general. I am glad you were able to experience Room Service for breakfast and that you were pleased with the food you received.

Our valet service is very popular with our guests due to the convenience and prompt service.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Adelaide.

Kind Regards