“Never again! Noisey. mould in the shower. Yuk Yuk Yuk!”
Review of Adelaide Rockford

Adelaide Rockford
Ranked #22 of 57 Hotels in Adelaide
Australia
“Never again! Noisey. mould in the shower. Yuk Yuk Yuk!”
Reviewed October 11, 2010

We were put on a floor with maintenance starting at 9.00am, and I booked the hotel 1mnth before. Never told about the maintenance or offered another floor. Just a note near the bed. Dribble spills on some of the doors and dirt on floor and walls as we walked down to our room. No doona cover just sheets! Black mould in the shower. Tiles missing on floor. And the amount of times I was woken up by people screaming or talking loudly. Cars having drag racing out in the street, doing laps of the block. As well as a very seedy side of life out side the hotel. The only thing I could say was the staff were lovely.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank 10kidsAustralia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Townsville, Australia
Reviewed June 28, 2010

I travel to Adelaide often (LDR) and always spend my last night in the city as it is close to the airport. The main draw card was the King size bed and free in house movies. For my $173 + $15 for parking it was very disappointing. The 'king' size bed (2 singles put together) with a ridge down the centre was very uncomfortable (still in the cuddling stage of my relationship so yes I use the middle of the bed). No in-house movies (DVDs broken), no book for Foxtel movies although we were told one would be sent to our room whilst we were out, it was later explained the books for June weren't delivered. The secure parking was not as one door was broken so we had to enter the exit, however I was pleased to see it was closed at 4.30 this morning. The contents of the bar fridge fell onto the floor when the fridge was opened and I don't think I will ever love anyone enough to be comfortable with how close the toilet is to the bed given that the sliding door was not secured at the base. Though not the fault of the Rockford, children ran up and down the corridor late at night and some guest (prob parents of running kids) thought it appropriate to leave bags of rubbish and pizza boxes in the hallway which I tripped over at 4.30 this morn whilst heading for the lift. I have stayed in many hotels/apartments in Adelaide CBD and have never been compelled to complain, I have high expectations when I stay in Adelaide and this is the first time I have been unhappy with my accommodation. Leaving on a high, the position is handy, staff helpful and the bar downstairs is welcoming and comfortable unfortunately I feel I did not get great value for money.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Outta-town-Lii
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed May 24, 2010

Despite double glazing of the windows, the noise from the Night clubs opposite lasted till at least 3am both Friday & Saturday. We were informed that it would be worse if we moved to a rear room as there was an even louder Nightclub out the back. Had we been aware of the location of these clubs, we would have booked elsewhere . Unfortunately, we were not in a position to move hotels. We were also not informed that the hotel was undergoing renovations in the rooms next to where we had been placed. On booking in were were told that workmen would be "working" all day Friday & Saturday on the floor we were on so sleeping in to catch up on disturbed sleep was problematic.To add insult to injury, about 2 hours after booking out I was phoned to ask if I knew where the 'compendium' was as it was missing from the room. I found the implication insulting and informed them that I doubt that it was in the room on our arrival . After our experience of the previous 2 nights' noise taking any souvenir from this supposed 4 Star rated hotel would be the last thing I would contemplate. If you consider staying here take ear plugs and watch out for compendiums!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
3 Thank jamfactory
Melbourne
Reviewed April 14, 2010

I had a pleasant stay. the rooms are a little old but i loved the spa in the room, the bed was sooo comfy and the pillows were good not to hard like usual. The only real problem was the noise from the street on friday and saturday night not that the hotel can help that. Staff were nice but not extremly attentive and i was informed on check out that i had mini bar which the do not disturb sign was on the door the entire stay so no one should have gone in the room anyway, when i told the girl i hadnt touched it, she seemed like she didn't believe me. Other wise close location to rundal mall and nice drive to Glenelg.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jess020
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed March 14, 2010

Loved my room - massive and trendy. Was on the first floor and could hear nightclubs outside - but was so tired it didn't keep me up. Went downstairs for breakfast in the morning and thought it was very overpriced - walked down Hindley St looking for a cafe and there was nothing - only people still partying in bars at 8:30am! Would be happy to go back.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank sunkist_michelle
Australia
Reviewed February 28, 2010

I stayed here for 4 nights for work. I had no issues during my stay, but I could see how the noise could be an issue.
I arrived on a Monday morning after an early flight. I left my bag with them, this is the first hotel where I have been where they do not take your bag, rather they escort you to a store room behind reception to leave, and the same to pick it up.
They ordered be me a cab which arrived quickly. When I returned in the afternoon I checked in. I had a room on the second floor in the back left section of the corner, so it was off the main street. I went to my room and I could here 2 guys in the room next to me listening to music quite loudly, singing along and I could even here them on the phone. I am a very light sleeper, so at this point I was worried that it may be a noisy night.
The room was nice and clean, even had a spa bath and a good shower.
I went for a swim in the pool on the roof, which was short lived, it had been a cool day and the pool was freezing, I only lasted a few minutes. I went back to my room and the noise was still unbearable, so I left for the evening.
When I returned there was no noise, again I was worried that they may be loud when I returned, however I had no issues the rest of the week. Sometimes I could hear the TV when I was in the entrance corridor of the room, but I couldn't hear it in the living area and in general the room was quiet at night, though could hear people moving around etc during the day.
The bed was a latex bed, the "king" bed was just two singles pushed together. At a small hotel like this I can understand this configuration, but I wouldn't have liked it if I was there with my girlfriend. But the bed and linen were very comfortable.
The air conditioning was a split system in the wall and was very quiet and effective.
The TV was a good sized LCD with a good range of foxtel channels.
The only issues I had with the room was there was no spare toilet paper. However the next day the house keepers replaced it and added a spare roll, also the spa bath took forever to fill or empty.
The location really isn't that bad. Yes there are two strip clubs just down the road, but they are not that "in your face" - the strip clubs are clearly marked, but there aren't people hassling you trying to get you into them and they are intermingled with shops and restaurants. The Grand Chancellor hotel is just down the same road. In fact there are two more strip clubs further down the road, right at Rundle Mall - the main Adelaide shopping district. I think this is just Adelaide. The hotel was about a 10 min walk to Rundle Mall which is filled with shops and further down, another 10 minutes there are plenty of good restaurants.
There are a few night clubs, but I didn't hear them at night in my room, maybe they are noisier on a Saturday night.
The only issue I had with the location was it could take up to 30min or so to get a cab - not sure if this was the location or just Adelaide, but was annoying.
I didn't eat dinner at the restaurant, and only had continental breakfasts, which were fine but overpriced as at most hotels.
As I mentioned I found the pool quite cold. The first day it was unbearable, but on the following warmer days it was ok, but still quite chilly.
So I had a great stay - comfy bed, quiet room, location was fine. But noisy neighbours could have easily ruined the stay.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank oztravman
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed February 27, 2010

The refurbished room was amazing - love those trendy chairs! And I have to say the bed was really comfortable, unlike many of the other hotels I have stayed at. Hard to leave the room! The noise from Hindley Street was just noticable, so the double glazing did their job. Helpful staff made my stay even more trouble free. Would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business