1,080 results
All reviews hindley street rundle mall room was spacious saturday night buffet breakfast good size city centre great room noise convention fi casino tram
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I'm not one to normally write reviews, however my partner and I stayed for two nights and we were very disappointed with the overall experience. We don't want someone else to waste their money like we did and therefore I am writing a review. My reasons are listed below:

- We arrived to incredibly POOR SERVICE. The two people at the front desk didn't acknowledge us at all and weren't welcoming whatsoever ever. The information they provided to us was very minimal and short, making us feel like we were bothering them, and in result we came back down to ask questions that should've been explained from the beginning - once again feeling lots of attitude and rudeness in their replies.

- We weren't notified that there were major RENOVATIONS going on. This was not an enjoyable experience to stay in and if known, wouldn't have stayed - especially for the price we paid. We felt as though we were staying somewhere cheap and like a backpackers in a way, rather than feeling relaxed like the stay should've been.

- The CAR PARKING entrance was broken, so you entered through the exit, which almost caused an accident. We were told on the first night that their was a car parking fee of $25 for our two night stay (something we were not aware of). Considering the car parking was open 24/7 due to the renovations, in an area where anyone could access the carpark and our cars were not not safely locked away like other car parking areas in the city, we didn't see why the parking price was that high. Despite that, we paid the $25 for the two nights, which we were then told at our departure that we are charged $50 for parking. Questioning this, the man told us it was $25 per night (not for the 2 night stay like we were originally told) and we haven't yet paid anything - even though we did at our arrival with the rude attendant. Not happy.

- The bed sheets were DIRTY. I have photo evidence.

- The shower head was BROKEN and sprayed everywhere.

- There was NO BIN for any sort of rubbish.

- It was unknown where any of the kitchen or bathroom facilities were such as kettle, cutlery, hairdryer, etc. We finally found it at the bottom shelf of the clothes cupboard????

Overall we were not happy at all with our experience. The only positive thing was the location being close to the city, however we would've preferred to have walked an hour with nicer service and enjoyment than stay here again. My partner and I were excited for a nice, casual and relaxing getaway for the two nights, yet have walked away wishing we didn't stay and didn't waste our money. Do not recommend at all.

Room tip: Stay somewhere else
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This probably has to be the worst hotel that I have stayed in this year and would not choose to stay here again. The hotel is undergoing some refurbishment although nothing is noted but reception is 2 tables near the bar. Check in from the surly woman was abysmal with no smile and pleasantries. I added my gold membership to the booking with no offer of a drink etc – maybe this is not provided here. The basic room cost $220 of which I have paid less to stay at the Hilton and Intercontinental for and it could have not been any more outdated. My view was the close building next door. There was an off white leather chair and food rest that looked so out of place – just took up too much space. When I opened up the cupboard to see the tea cups there was a totally filthy spoon with the last person’s coffee still on it. Disgusting! I opened what I thought was a wardrobe and the hugely stained ironing board fell out as too big for that space. When mentioned to the check-out man the following morning there was only an apology of which I actually believe, but nothing offered to show that apology.
There were only 2 pillows on the 2 single beds pushed together and the bed was not that comfortable. I had room service after a long day and whilst I enjoyed the Langmeil wine, the chicken schnitzel was bland, the salad wilted, the tomatoes soft and wrinkly and the pepper sauce was congealed. Nothing good can be said about the stay here I am sorry to say. Hence do not stay here.

Room tip: Hotel under renovations and no room is good
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed August 9, 2019 via mobile

When booking we were advised of some renovations happening. Normally this would assume the renovation process would be bearable to the guests, since they remained open. It was our first time trying out the hotel; we booked for proximity to the hospital. Let the nightmares begin. All reception parking was blocked off with no advisories of where to park for check in. The reception area was closed off, a man wearing earplugs sat at a fold up table. A thin plastic drop cloth separated him and us from jackhammers; the noise was unbearable and the fellow could not hear us despite our shouting. Finally I gave our name and he understood it to mean we were checking in. To his credit but before he even pulled us up on his computer, he offered a free room upgrade. At that point, we realised our stay there though would be a nightmare. We were greatly in need of stress free rest. We cancelled right there, and to his credit again we were not charged a cancellation fee. This hotel had no business being open with that level of Renovations. Needless to say, and despite a few positives, we will not be booking there again simply because of the hotel’s lack of judgment in staying open.

Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed August 7, 2019 via mobile

Sadly this didn’t meet our expectations. Renovations happen which we had no idea about. Paid extra to have a spa room but because of renovations the water was filthy so couldn’t use the bath except for the first night. Also construction noise started at 7am which was not the time we wanted to rise on our holiday. Car parking was also not great with our last day being made difficult to leave due to a crane being placed outside the car park, really disappointing.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 16, 2019

Quite well located, this unpretentious but friendly hotel offers much. Located on Hindley Street, it is not far from the Rundle Mall, the cultural centre, and 1.3 km to Victoria Square. Rooms tidy and solid, and the Reception and Dining room functioned well. I would stay here again.

Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com