1,080 results
All reviews hindley street rundle mall room was spacious saturday night buffet breakfast good size city centre great room noise convention fi casino tram
Selected filters
Reviewed February 7, 2019

Great location, spacious room, quiet overnight, excellent buffet breakfast, basement car parking for a reasonable fee, helpful and pleasant staff, but I wish we’d been told when we were booking that the hotel was being refurbished. Our balcony view was scaffolding and the pool and sauna are closed. The reception staff were very apologetic about it. But if you are looking for views, there are some great street murals just up the road.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
marion_tuck, Guest Relations Manager at Adelaide Rockford, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2019

Thanks for your review Bob. Our mission has always been to maintain as much transparency as possible throughout the process of refurbishment with the notification process well in advance of the works.
Notifications included communication to key internet partners & agents together with communications on our email signatures & reservation confirmation letters.
We are extremely sorry you were not aware of the renovations.

We will conduct a full audit of our communication platforms to ensure our guests are well informed of the progression of renovations and provide them with a choice to maintain or re-direct their booking.
While I acknowledge this does not improve your experience in any way it assists us in ensuring such a repeat experience is prevented.

We are pleased you enjoyed your stay, especially the spacious rooms, buffet breakfast and the service provided by the Rockford team. We hope to be able to provide you with state of the art facilities the next time you visit us.

Reviewed January 25, 2019

The hotel is in a good location. Hindley Street is packed with pubs, cafes and other eateries. It is only a 5min walk up to Rundle Street Mall for even more shopping. This is also where the train station and tram stops are. We were in ADL for the Tour Down Under and it was a 10-15min walk to Victoria Square where the Village was.
Our room was spacious and clean as was the bathroom. The bed was really comfy as well. The aircon was working well which was appreciated in the 40 degree days. Unfortunately the pool was under renovation (which we were advised of at booking), but they had organised the use of the pool at the UniSA, no more than 2mins walk from the hotel.
The breakfast was good with a selection of cold and hot foods. The bar had a good range of drinks and the bar food menu was great too.The staff were lovely and helpful whenever we needed information or directions.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
marion_tuck, Guest Relations Manager at Adelaide Rockford, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2019

Thanks for the great review, we're pleased you enjoyed your stay especially the central location, comfy beds, spacious rooms and the service provided by the Rockford team.
Thank you for your patience and understanding during renovations. We hope to be able to provide you with state of the art facilities the next time you visit us.

Reviewed January 23, 2019 via mobile

I can’t fault the hotel staff or the room, breakfast was always great.
The big killer for us , we booked the hotel because it had a pool, there was no mention at all about the renovations and that the pool was out of service.
There was no mention at checkin either, there was a heat wave and we we booked for a pool.
I wouldn’t have checked in if I had of known the pool was out of service.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 18, 2019 via mobile

I’m not usually one to right a negative review but I felt this was just. I booked my room back in November to visit my
Friend for a week. When I arrived during the heat wave and entered my room the airconditioner was off and it was stinking hot. Not to mention the pool being totally renovated and closed until further notice. This was not advertised on the booking site and when I asked at reception I was told it was my bad luck as they hadn’t mentioned it back when I booked in November. Talk about misleading. I opened my curtains to my veranda to find they were permanently locked with scaffolding everywhere blocking my view. I paid a lot for what I thought would be a good hotel with a pool but was clearly mislead. Who renovates a pool during peak season and if you must have the curtesy to advise your guests.

Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Stephanie S
marion_tuck, Guest Relations Manager at Adelaide Rockford, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2019

Stephanie, thank you for providing feedback from your recent stay. With extensive ongoing refurbishment, it has never been our intention to purposely mislead our guests and I am sincerely sorry you did not receive updated information in relation to the pool closure. Our General Manager will be personally contacting you regarding your stay. We hope to be able to provide you with state of the art facilities the next time you visit us.

Reviewed January 18, 2019

The Rockford is 5 minutes away from a tram stop which then links you to all that Adelaide has to offer. It is on a busy road with lots of cafes and bars within walking distance. The rooms are clean, modern and a good size. Quiet bar and brasserie which offers a good selection with daily specials.

What makes this hotel special is the wonderful staff and service. We had to stay for 10 days following an accident which resulted in a broken leg and we chose it because it was near to the hospital. The hotel staff couldn't do enough for us to make sure I was comfortable and that we enjoyed this enforced stay as much as we could. There were lots of thoughtful touches - they provided champagne for a 60th birthday during our stay and gave us a leaving gift and card. Nothing was too much trouble and the made a very difficult time bearable. Well done Team Rockford

Room tip: There is some noise at the weekend from local bars on the front rooms but we didn't find it a problem. It didn't go on late
Date of stay: November 2018
1  Thank Elaine C

Thanks for your feedback Elaine. We hope you''re recovering well and we're pleased to assist to ensure you had a memorable stay for all the right reasons! I have shared your lovely comments with the Rockford team which will provide encouragement to continue their good service. We recognize we are fortunate and proud to have such attentive staff who have a natural passion to go above and beyond service expectation.
We hope to welcome you back again once you've made a full recovery!