“Brilliant”

Cuisines: Australian, Fusion
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 30, 2013

While I'm not a steak eater so I can't comment on the stone grill, the other meals on offer are fantastic and I have eaten here many times! Not many options for vegetarians though.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

What can I say, this place is absolutely amazing! Favourite place to eat when visiting Adelaide, and the unique concept of stonegrill cooking is my favourite thing about the place. The food is constantly enjoyably delicious. (I ate here three times in my most recent trip, as I knew that I was sure to get a great meal that was worth its price). I absolutely adore the sticky date pubbing, it is to die for! Aside from the wonderful food, this place has a welcoming atmosphere and is conveniently located on the North Terrace, close to Rundle mall and many hotels that are in the vicinity.

2  Thank Temuka96
Reviewed September 19, 2013

I have eaten here a few times now, always for work. It is a pleasant enough meal , and a more formal restaurant environment than many pubs. The view onto North Tce is a bonus. I would enjoy having some lighter options to choose from as part of the meal and that might also decrease the cost.

A starter to share with olives, bread and tapenade is of a high standard.

The food - with the stone grill as a highlight - has a strong leaning to meat and seafood. The list of side dishes is good and they are needed with most meals ordered. The pear and rocket salad is delicious. The air does get very full of the smell of cooking meat - I feel sorry for any passing vegetarians - and friends enjoy cooking their own meat and seafood. I enjoy my prawns and the sauces are very good.

The wine list is on the expensive side in my view , notably the bubbles. SA has so many great value wines that there is no excuse for overly pricey lists.

We don't really give the deserts a work out, but the affogato arrives promptly with tea and coffee.

Staff are helpful and happy to allow for drinks to be paid for as ordered - always helpful in a large group.

I am sure I will be back again and will give the menu a further work out .

1  Thank Helen C
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Simply put you can cook your own on the hot stones and get it just as you like or try one of their magnificent steaks cooked as you like, Pub atmosphere restaurant dining upstairs with the great staff who are ever so helpful and efficient

2  Thank Bill M
Reviewed September 11, 2013

We have eaten here quite a few times over the years but our latest visit was disappointing. Menu choices were limited especially if you don't want stonegrill and so tired. Staff didn't seem to comprehend they rely on customers keeping them in a job and we aren't an intrusion into their day. It definitely wasn't busy. Overpriced for what we had (fish and a sirloin steak) and then extra for sides. Maybe they need to revisit their menu, many people stay in nearby hotels for business and I have heard others make the same comments.

1  Thank Obie1960