“Nice lunch in a lovely setting”

Art Gallery Food + Wine
Ranked #425 of 1,668 Restaurants in Adelaide
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 31, 2014

We had a great lunch in lovely surroundings, sitting on the patio of the Art Gallery. Very inventive and creative menu, food was presented very nicely, and service was attentive. A great place to have a quiet and leisurely lunch.

Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

Perfect spot for lunch but even more amazing is that this place understands service. I was rated, I was offered water, a drink, my guide dog in training was given a bowl of water, and everyone came to us. As guests came more of the same, food was really lovely and fresh and well priced, absolutely the perfect lunch spot in Adelaide. 10/10 for your staff. To top it off just like in the best Paris cafés they brought the bill and processed it! No standing in lines at counters! Fabulous will be a weekly visit!!

Reviewed March 11, 2014

Went to the art gallery to see the latest exhibition. During the visit we had lunch at the cafe. It was very busy due to the public holiday and the amount of festivals and events on in Adelaide.
We had to wait a bit for a table to become available, which was not a problem as the gallery is right there. The staff were very friendly and were quick in taking the order and bringing the food.
The food itself was very nice as was the desert. Overall, a very nice meal.

Reviewed February 25, 2014

After seeing the great art in the gallery, we dropped in here (sat outside) on a very hot Sunday. What a find! Their Clare Valley Riesling was one of the best we tried that week - even at the wineries. Ate tender chicken satays and pan-fried chorizo.
Enjoyed the experience enough to make a return trip the following weekend. Great place for sharing plates and a relaxed, light lunch in pleasant surroundings.
Only gripe - it's quicker to go and fill up the water glasses yourself but otherwise the service was prompt and friendly.

Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

Adelaide Art Gallery Food & Wine, Sun Jan 5th 2014.
If you're looking for something more than just your standard bacon & eggs, put the Art Gallery Food & Wine on your to do list.
My lot are a fussy lot, my wife doesn't eat red meat, my 12 year old is a vego (groan), my 10 year old will eat just about anything & my 4 year old........ well, she's a four year old.
The restaurant had a great vibe, the staff were friendly as they buzzed around & there was no over bearing music. The menu, well let's just say, I get excited when everybody starts salivating at the choices rather than moaning that there's nothing to eat!
I won't go through the tedious process of listing what everybody else ate, I'll just bore you with what I consumed.
I started with a Bloody Mary (no I wasn't hung over) which had a nice hint of spice. Fresh Poached Fruit w/ Yoghurt, which cleansed the palette, followed by the Shanghai Eggs. Feeling satisfied & not like I'd eaten too much, I finished with coffee. Now, it has to be said that I am a bit of a "coffee snob", the one thing that can ruin a meal for me is bad coffee. Let's just say, as with everything else, it was bang on!