“Worth the 6 phone calls required before staff answered, so I could book a table!”
Review of Press* Food & Wine

Press* Food & Wine
Ranked #9 of 1,739 Restaurants in Adelaide
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Specialising in wood-grilled steak and seafood - salads, share plates, tasting menu option - reservations taken upstairs, walk-ins welcome.
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We went for lunch-- upstairs. It was not full and so not too noisy, even though the room is large.
The service was excellent once we were seated.
The FOOD
Was divine
We (3) shared a quinoa, pomegranate and goats cheese salad, the flavours were sublime.
Followed by fillet with 3 types of mushrooms, sweetbreads (superior
to the dish she had eaten in France) and barramundi -- excellent choices,
And finished with creame brûlée ...which was perfect. Interesting wine list.
We booked,as we were paying for dinner in July.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

The staff are awesome, very accommodating and friendly but not over the top. Part of our 4 people party were late and they rearranged things so we could keep our booth. The food was sensational, and they encourage you to share everything which is so much better. We had the crab pasta which was delicious, and the rib steak to share which was perfectly cooked and sliced and just fabulous. Also the girls shared a salad and the shoestring fries were awesome (very salty). I can't recommend Press good and Wine enough and will definitely be back next time I'm in Adelaide. They even opened the balcony for us to have a sneaky smoke and the smoke didn't blow in the restaurant at all due to the size and the airflow of the venue. I also like the fact the place feels spacious and not overcrowded. They haven't been too greedy in squeezing as many tables in as possible which gives the place a great feel and you're not on top of each other and can't hear everyone word for word. Get down there, you won't regret it. Coolness.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

I went to Press with friends this week for the first time and I cant speak more highly of it as a place to visit. From the minute we walked in the staff were friendly, helpful and couldnt do enough for us.
The ambience of the upstairs area was relaxed and comfortable but felt luxurious at the same time. We had been booked into a booth which was perfect for our girls night out.
Food, atmosphere and service - all 5 stars for me. Do yourself a favour and book a table!

Reviewed February 14, 2013

It's no surprise that I loved press food & wine... Its got so many of the elements I look for in a good restaurant. I visited the restaurant with my best friend on a weekend away trip to Adelaide (she's in Perth, I'm in Melbourne so Adelaide seemed a convenient mid-way place to enjoy a weekend in each other's company).

Firstly, we didnt have to book three months in advance to have a meal... Especially good as it was a Saturday evening when we went. When I called ahead to book, I was informed that although the upstairs dining room was fully booked, we were welcome to try for a table downstairs as they dont take bookings. We turned up around 8pm and a friendly waiter gave us a seat outside with a wine list while he put our name down for a place. We only had to wait a few minutes and two places became available on one one of the large long shared tables they have.

Secondly, the restaurant was top quality but completely unpretencious... Upon asking a passing waitress for a recomendation on our next bottle of wine (... we started with a half bottle... Brilliant idea!), she admitted she was new and had not been trained and quickly returned with a knowlegable waiter who helped us choose a bottle. This is the kind of service I want... I'm not expecting everyone to be perfect - but understanding the limit to your knowledge is important!

Thirdly - and most importantly - the food was wonderful. We followed the chef's tasting suggestions - a four course meal which the chef selects for you. The menu was really a few clever modern twists on some tried and tested combinations... A little kingfish sashimi, a perflectly dressed leaf salad with raddish, a beautifully crackled pork belly with a carrot puree, an absolutely perfect piece of steak (was it scotch fillet?), with a cracking red wine jus... The desert was also fun - a Flaming Bomb Alaska with banana icecream - flavour just perfect.

Finally - the price... Dont get me wrong the restaurant is not cheap - but the prices are very reasonable for the quality and attention... I think the chefs tasting menu was about $65... that was compare very favouribly to any other restaurant of this quality around Australia.

All in all - a wonderful experience. One final question remains - when are you opening in Melbourne?!

Reviewed February 12, 2013

We ate downstairs, service good until 10 o'clock, (waitress changed and service got slow) the entrees were all fantastic, mains were good, excellent restaurant, definitely worth a visit, great tapas style hors d'oeuvres on the menu.