“WOW - Stonegrill - love it!”

Brompton Hotel Brasserie
Reserve with
Brompton Hotel Brasserie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #142 of 1,603 Restaurants in Adelaide
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Brompton is South Australia's award-winning heritage-listed hotel hidden in the north-west suburbs less than 10 minutes from the city. At The Brompton we're passionate about seamlessly weaving quality food, drink and experience. When you sit down at The Brasserie, the Courtyard or the cafe, you can start a conversation, start a meal, start a business deal or start a celebration. See you soon.
Adelaide, Australia
“WOW - Stonegrill - love it!”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Venue has a wonderful feel to it with the old and new coming together very creatively.

As for the staff - very attentive and helpful in particular Toby, who was our main wait person who guided us through our first stonegrill experience. The meat and seafood were of the finest quality along with lovely condiments. This is up there with the other finer establishments around Adelaide. It is a must visit for a fine dining experience at a very reasonable price.

Once again, thanks to Toby and staff.

• Visited March 2013

“Well worth our 1.25 hr travel time”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Attentive staff , great food , lovely atmosphere and totally prepared for families with children . We visited for the first time for a family members birthday traveling from Adelaide's far south . This was well worth our efforts even the kids loved all aspects. Must visit at least once , you're sure to return

Adelaide, Australia
“Great Food, Exceptional Service”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I've just returned from celebrating my Aunt's 75th birthday with my parents, sister and cousin. The venue itself is modern, light and fresh. Four stone-grills, a risotto and a pork cutlet, sides of chips and broccolini to share, a starter of bread and dip >> clean plates all around. The food was excellent - so much so that we shared a number of desserts in that 'dessert stomach' that miraculously appears after one feels seemingly full after mains have finished!

But the food, although one would return for that alone, was not the focus of the evening for us.

I've travelled most of Australia and all over the world, I've eaten in Paris, Rome, Venice, London, San Francisco, Istanbul and many small towns in between, and I don't recall ever receiving the level of service like we did from Toby. His knowledge, professionalism and style would see him easily working in any leading restaurant in the world.

He's a natural people person, a character and has a terrific sense of wit. He willingly tailored requests around drinks and desserts, and made suggestions. He anticipated needs, was there when we wanted something and not when we didn't. There is a real art and level of social awareness to this skill.

Toby went out of his way to ensure we had a great evening, and even surprised my Aunt with a complimentary dessert complete with birthday sparkler!

There are people who understand cost, and there are people who understand value - and Toby is a massive asset to this hotel because he understands value. Those focussed on 'cost' might see lost efficiency in his taking the time to explain menu items, or to chat and build a rapport with customers. Those who grasp 'value' see creation of a relationship, and word of mouth advertising.

My mother said to me when we got home that Toby 'made the night'. Long after the food has been enjoyed, the impact of great service remains.

Thanks so much Toby - what you do so well is much more than great customer service; it is a foundational aspect of what every employer looks for.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank lightwork
Adelaide, Australia
“A hidden gem in the suburbs !”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

We recently enjoyed a meal at the Brompton Hotel prior to a night at the Entertainment centre.
This hotel is situated in an old part of Adelaide that is undergoing a rejuvenation as the old working class suburb is slowly being re developed.
The Hotel has been up graded in a sympathetic manner but then its whats in the dining room that counts.We shared various tapas style dishes of prawns & chorizo,duck shanks(really yummy !) and there are lots of other tasty choices. The main feature is a stone grill option which was an interesting option.We opted for fresh seafood self cooked on a 400 degree piece of granite. No complaints here !
It's a great place for a leisurely meal.
Finally a word on the staff...they are young,enthusiastic and made the night very enjoyable !

• Visited December 2012
Adelaide, Australia
“Possibly the best service I've ever received in a restaurant.”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

This was our first visit to the Brompton for my wife and I.
I'd heard they served nice food in a nice setting so we were keen to finally give it a try.
First impressions were good. A fairly bright, modern room and open kitchen (always a good sign) with full length glass windows out to the sunny courtyard which also had tables for lunching on a nice day (today was such a day).
It wasn't a particularly busy lunch session with less than a dozen tables occupied, which was surprising for a Friday.
The restaurant manager Toby served us on this occasion. I don't normally wax lyrical about waitstaff but I have to say that he was an absolute delight. Warm, genuinely friendly (without overdoing it), chatty, funny and very personable. He made us immediately feel very welcome. I have not received that sort of reception from a waiter at any level of restaurant in decades.
When he noticed my wine glass had a smudge he whisked it away immediately and replaced it very apologetically. When the same happened with a cutlery item (I don't want you thinking they don't clean properly) he was horrified and again, very apologetic.
The meal itself was very good. My pork cutlet was cooked through beautifully. Accompanying it was a nice rocket, apple and walnut salad with a sultana red wine jus.
My wife had the atlantic salmon with citrus glaze and a rocket salad with orange segments.
Toby surprised us at the end with a complimentary dessert each for the 'mishaps'. Totally unnecessary and unexpected but a lovely gesture...and what a dessert. Some sort of crunchy home made ice cream with a chocolate pouring sauce and deconstructed lemon tart.
Extremely nice would be an understatement. I was almost licking the plate.
Being a bit of a foodie, I always rank my restaurant experience based on the quality of the food but on this occasion it was the fantastic service that will be my endearing memory of the Brompton.
Well done Toby. You were born to be in the people business.

• Visited November 2012