“Not bad.”
Review of Sah - CLOSED

Sah
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Sah aims to be a beacon for creative food, fine wines & great beer. Since opening we have changed our menu seasonally & deliberately shifted focus towards Tapas & share-food, reflecting the popularity of the shared meal. We aim to give a relaxed dining experience where the love for great food & service sees flavour packed dishes served in an unpretentious space. Within the walls are covered with images of the Mediterranean, where the chefs take their inspiration: Spain, Morocco, Italy, Greece & France - putting their own spin on dishes using local & imported ingredients. A focus on fresh & seasonal produce means an ever changing Tapas board with dozens to be tempted by. Black Angus steaks & award winning Paellas with a fast growing cult following. A wine & beer list clearly put together by somebody who loves both & delicious Sangrias! As well as fresh house-made desserts & ice-creams you'll find dangerously addictive! Sah is function, catering & family friendly - we aim to meet the needs of everybody.
“Not bad.”
Reviewed January 27, 2012

I was quite looking forward to trying Sah, but after eating there I left feeling a little underwhelmed by the experience.
To be perfectly honest we didn't really give the menu a good workout opting simply for a seafood paella for three ($75) washed down with a bottle of Italian Vermentino.
The restaurant itself is smallish and quite cosy. The staff are super friendly and helpful. The wine list is good, but not a lot of good options by the glass. The blackboard tapas menu looked incredible and in retrospect, this is where we should have gone.
I can only really comment on the paella which I found to be slightly overdone (too much burnt rice in the bottom of the pan) and also slightly lacking in seafood flavours beyond the seafood itself (which I have to say for the price, wasn't in abundance). I may have been comparing it to the previous tenants (Line Bait Cafe) who also did a seafood paella which was simply gorgeous.
I would have liked to see perhaps some fleshy white fish and calamari included and defiitely more seafood stock.
Would I return? Absolutely. To have a crack at the many excellent looking tapas on their board.

• Visited January 2012

Adelaide, Australia
“Well worth giving it a go.”
Reviewed August 5, 2011

Once a month friends and us get together. This was their choice and must say it wasn't bad. We had Tapas (Crab, chicken, raviolini and eggplant) - Crab was ok, chicken was yummy, raviolini needed a little more sauce, and eggplant was divine).
Mains we had prawn fettuccine (apparently very yummy), Lamb (somewhat dry), Gnocchi (morish) and Cannelloni (yummy).
Dessert was the special icecream which went down a treat and the chocolate fondant (which was to die for).
I had the coffee affogato (Vanilla bean icecream with a shot of coffee and a shot of Frangelico) - I could have those all day.
For 4 of us with drinks and the above came to just under $270.00. (approx $70 each) definately well worth it.
They don't have Absinthe or Sparkling Shiraz (we did ask).

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank AUtoUSAtoAU
“Sah Delicious”
Reviewed July 29, 2011

Sah has a great menu, they don't do a lot of dishes but what they do they do exceptionally. He had the Pork, I had the Lamb. Both delicious. Great wine list, supporting SA wineries. He had the Chocolate Fondant - Yum, I had Affogato with Nocello - Yum. The restaurant was full, and the Black Angus Beef served to the table next door, looked great! There is a Tapas Menu we will try next time. Sah named after the owner's wife Sarah. Van Gogh's on the wall...It was a Starry Night at this Night Cafe. We'll be back for more. Thanks Sah.

• Visited July 2011