“Good if you're stuck at the hotel”

Culshaw's Restaurant
Ranked #46 of 1,766 Restaurants in Adelaide
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We ate there on our first night as part of staying at the Majestic Rooftop Hotel. The menu appear quite imaginative but overall the service is average and the food is OK but nothing special either. There's certainly better places to eat close to the hotel, but you could do a lot worse. Don't be afraid to try it if you're not keen to go exploring further than your hotel.

1  Thank DA6

Reviewed May 19, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed our night out here. The food was amazing. When we ordered the waitress didn't tell us that the seafood pie would be a long wait, ended up waiting around 35 mins and obviously my food was sitting there waiting all this while so was cold when I got it. The dish was lovely in flavor but I didn't enjoy eating cold food. I still think it is a good restaurant especially for international visitors to taste Australian food, the kangaroo was amazing!

Reviewed May 17, 2013

Fantastic flavor combination married with great service!
Dined for dinner with a few friends. Everything was cooked perfectly. The staff were knowledge on what wines matched the food or if you have a favorite they can recommend something from their selection. They are in the entertainment book but is well worth the full price, which i did not think was expensive for such great food! It was great to support the locals would defiantly dine again!

Reviewed April 29, 2013

This restaurant is located at the Majestic Roof Garden Hotel. We ate there twice. On both occasions service was very friendly and effective. The first occasion we were delighted by the quality and taste of the meal, we felt it was like dining at a recognised Chef's restaurant rather than one in a hotel. The second time, the food was OK, but was not as good. Maybe there was a substitute chef?
We marked it very good because the first time was SO good.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

I found this place quite by accident but loved it. The flavour combinations are unusual and wonderful. I had a fish dish with a mango and pomegranate molasses which was so unusual. I literally groaned with delight! The Cooper's stout damper was also delightful. Service was impeccable and friendly and the ambience quiet and cosy. Price was also very impressive (2 of us ate for $80 including wine - a sharp contrast to Sydney and Perth!). I'll definitely be back.

2  Thank larabe6