“The Wright Lodge--excellent” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 15 Adelaide B&B and Inns
Dublin, Ireland
“The Wright Lodge--excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012

Great location, very central. Owner Paul and staff very friendly and welcoming. Room very clean, cosy, safe and quiet and the price is very reasonable. Would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to stay in a convenient location near the city and/or transport. Shuttle-bus brought us directly from the Airport and also main bus station is very near. Hope to come again in the future. (We are a mature Irish couple).

There was a free commuter bus that can take you all around the city and you can hop on and hop off at all the major sights. Adelaide is a beautiful city and when we visit again we will stay with Paul at their Wright Lodge.

Room Tip: We stayed in a room at the back which was very peaceful and we had a sound night's sleep in a co...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank bma-11

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Kununurra, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

very good value for the money. room very comfortable close to transport markets and city shopping etc. good clean and comfortable. friendly staff. i will stay there again. large bathroom very comfortable bed option for daily service

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
8 Thank Diane B
Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2012

Booked for 3 nights and only stayed one. The room was very dirty and more hairs in the bed than i have on my head. There was only one average lock on the door leading to concerns regarding secruity of our belongings. The shower was scummy and we did not want to take a shower there. The refridgerator was located right beside the bed and hummed loudly waking us up every half an hour. The joinings between rooms was inadequate - light from adjacent rooms beamed in all night contributing to poor sleep, if any. Details of the room stated that it contained a kitchnette - a jug on top of a fridge right beside the bed does not count as a kitchenette. Searched for alternative accommodation - found an apartment room with separate bathroom & cooking facilities right round the corner for only an additional $5 more per night.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Karyn C

Travelers are raving about these Adelaide hotels

UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2012

My boyfriend and I booked in here last minute as we. We were on a budget so this place matched our requirements. I was a little concerned however we checked in fine (although had to leave something like $100deposit for the car fob on my credit card!!!). That aside the car park was empty, we could have just been lucky as it was a bank holiday…

Our room was good, just like most of the photos advertised. Tea and Coffee facilities, own bathroom (which was perfectly adequate), TV, free internet and double comfortable bed. Most of the furniture had seen better days but still usable. The girl on reception gave us the code and showed us personally to our room which was nice rather than being left. We had no noise or disturbances the night we stayed there.

They didn’t give us a check out time, it was a case of leave when you like… think it was around 12pm we left and they refunded the deposit I had left as promised. The staff could be improved just purely because I didn’t really didn’t trust them 100% as they didn’t seem to know exactly what they were doing. However, for budget accommodation this place is great!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank grey777
Whyalla, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2012

Cheap price & Short walk to Central Market, China Town, Central Bus Station. But otherwise - poor quality, insecure (during my absence my wife in the room was frightened when some one was trying to break in tempering the Front door Lock - next morning during Check out the incident was informed to Hotel desk but did not raise any Alarm !).

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Saj M
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2012

Living in Australia for 11 years. I would not think that a place like this would ever exist. I stayed here last night just to be away from home and check out restaurants in china town. I am very much unimpressed with the service that this so called hotel offered. I'm not normally a person to make a complaint but this place had managed to disgust me in many ways.

I checked in and the receptionist never asked for any identification whatsover I was then lead to a room upstairs, to my surprise, the room was still being built. The receptionist then lead me to another room and this time, it was never cleaned, there was clutter and mess everywhere. She went "what the hell?" and never apologised. I was very much ready to cancel my booking until she found a room for me. This time, it was decent but it had no airconditioning and the bathroom had hair all over the floor and even on the towel racks. I didn't mind since I just wanted to rest, tried turning the telly on and the remote control won't even work.

I went to grab something to eat in China Town and came back to the hotel around 9:30PM , good thing I read through the pieces of paper on the desk because the receptionist did not even give me the code. I turned the TV on and watched for a bit until all the lights and power went out. I was in shock and could not believe that this is getting worse than it already was! I left the room to find help but to my surprise, I found a lady and her son trying to turn the power back on, they too, are staying at the hotel and to my surprise, I realised that there's no one looking after the hotel at all! I called the hotel hotline right away and spoke to the same receptionist, she told me that there would be no power from 9:30 until 5:30 am. I demanded compensation since I have never been told that this would happen but the receptionist turned around and said "we put up notices in corridors, you should have noticed that" I checked right away and there were no notices what so ever.

I decided to sleep it off, woke up at 7 the next day and there were still no power. power did not come back on until at least 8. I checked out from the hotel without arguing further as I would get no where. I am very much appalled with the treatment I was given and will never go back to this so called "hotel" again. I'd rather sleep at a park bench next time. What ever the hell happened to customer service? This was meant to be a good experience but turned into complete horrible turn of events.

• Stayed March 2012