“Fantastic restaurant experience”

Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Victor Harbor, Australia
“Fantastic restaurant experience”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

We dined at Celsius last night and I was looking forward to the experience. We were not disappointed. I couldnt fault anything, the food, the atmosphere, the wine. From the creamy parfait, to the succulent quail with shaved apple to the next beautiful course we loved it all. The wine list is not the usual fare you find in restaurants and introduced us to some excellent selections we havent sampled before. Our waitress, Greta, made the evening even better. She was so knowledgeable on all the courses being served and where the food originated from. She had a lovely bubby outgoing personality, one of the best waiting staff we have encountered. We were seated in a little private alcove with a sheer black curtain that you could pull across for privacy - we felt we were in a little world of our own. So if you are looking to impress someone special with fantastic food, in an intimate setting you can't go pass Celsius. I am looking forward to returning to sample some more of their fantastic food

• Visited February 2013

Melbourne, Australia
“Pretentious”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

We booked 5 days ahead and advised GF status. No they don't do GF bread as they make all their own bread. OK but why not GF bread. GF is pretty common these days.
The duck was quacking and the lamb ba Na ba but overall it is great but they need to get a bit more realistic and customer focused. We spent $170 per head

Karratha, Australia
“Great Meal and Good Service”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Walked in off the street and were seated immediately, staff were friendly and helpful with drinks and menu information as soon as we were seated.
My husband and I like to share our meals so that we get to taste a variety and advised the staff that is what we would like. The staff very happy to assist.
Bubble pork crackling and pork dumpling were excellent. For mains we had the venison and the fish and both were excellent.
The staff did take their time but my husband and I were happy with this as we don't like to rush our meals. All up it was a lovely relaxing evening with great food and good wine.

• Visited February 2013
Invercargill, New Zealand
“Exceptional degustation and wine”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

We booked Celsius based on restaurant reviews of other Tipadvisor members. Wow what a place. The atmosphere is great and the service is outstanding. We went for the five course degustation menu and added in the cheese course. The wines that went with the meal were superb and explained fully by the wait staff. They had a Mas Amiel Vintage Blanc 2009 dessert wine that I had never tried before which knocked my socks off. Delicious. It pays to have reasonably deep pockets but for what we got and the service included, it is a brilliant restaurant and well s=deserving of its high rating. Best of all, there was no rush to get through the courses. We went in at 8:30pm and walked out at 11:50pm. It was not a problem at all.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank CraigandTania
Adelaide
“Honestly,,, not worth it for the price”
Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I went to Celsius to celebrate her birthday. I researched and found Celsius, the reviews were very promising and being that this was a special occasion, I decided to splurge on the degustation @ $130 each for 8 courses.
We arrived at 7 30 pm, our order was not taken until 8 pm. After 2 hours we had 4 courses ... The whole experience just dragged unfortunately. Don't get me wrong, the food was good however the setting and service ruined this occasion.
The setting is just a bit seedy. It is dark with strange booth/ curtains, it's all just a bit pretentiousish.
The service was average at best. No apology for late arrival of courses offered despite our requesting better timing. Also, the staff seemed rushed and were not attentive in the slightest.
After reading the reviews I wanted to be blown away by " Adelaide's best degustation". As I said earlier, the food was good, however having to spend 3 .5 hours just to get through dinner in this place is not ideal.
I wanted fresh, creative, vibrant in food location and service, this place failed for the most part. I suggest saving your money and dinning at Marquis or Melt. For the price this place is simply not worth it.

2 Thank charlesinsomnia