“Good in all respects”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Ph: (08) 8212 0338
Reviewed January 9, 2014

We'd heard about the Wah Hing in Gouger Street in Adelaide's Chinatown, so thought we'd try it.

It was just after 6pm, so we were the first ones there, which probably helped with the quick service, but it was also pleasant and efficient.

All the dishes we had were good, especially the special chicken with ginger and coated in an egg batter (we think!). The beer and wine lists are short but interesting - there were some local wines from wineries I didn't know (so I hope to return to try them). The restaurant itself is modern - and fairly minimalist - in decor, and the jazz playing complemented it.

Highly recommended.

There are newer reviews for Wah Hing

Reviewed January 3, 2014

My husband & I went to Wah Hing our first night in Adelaide. The food and service were excellent!! I had chicken and my husband had kangaroo . Very tender and flavorful!! If ever I'm back in Adelaide Wah Hing will be high on my list of restaurant choices!

Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I had the pleasure of eating here when we came to visit my parents who live in Adelaide. The food was stunning. The decor appealing and staff brillant. I really would like to visit once again.

Thank you for some great memories and great food.

1  Thank Wozzabi
Reviewed November 16, 2013

Visit here regularly and the food is consistently excellent. Great authentic dishes with a really good wine list and top service!

1  Thank Lachlan J
Reviewed November 10, 2013

I've come to the Wah Hing with my family for many years and I simply cannot find a flaw in their impeccable service and dishes. Although a little more expensive than your average Asian restaurant, it is absolutely worth every cent. There's a wide range of both traditional and more 'westernised' dishes, as well as specialties that you will not find anywhere else in Adelaide. I don't think we've ever left a morsel of food on our plates! All dishes are great for sharing - we sometimes order four menu items between two people and devour every last bite. Service is very quick and very friendly, even on the busiest of evenings. Surprised it isn't more well known on the restaurant scene! Love, love, love it.

BEST DISHES: Pi Pow tofu, salt & pepper pork, Wah Hing chicken