The Hotel Metropolitan
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hilton Adelaide(Adelaide)
  • Restaurant
Adina Apartment Hotel Adelaide Treasury(Adelaide)
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Free Internet
Plaza Hotel(Adelaide)
View Hotel
All reviewsher majesty's theatreshort staypublic transportper nightaccommodationcityearplugstelevisionluggage
Reviewed February 28, 2014

For my first meal in Adelaide, eating at the pub downstairs of the Hotel Metropolitan left me with a very good impression of the food that I am to discover in the city over the next week as well as the friendliness of the people. The pub reminds me of the British gastropubs, but the food was inventive and definitely Australian - they even had Kangaroo steak. I ordered crumbed fish with salad and I cam away feeling very happy. Even the house Chardonnay was delicious and drinkable. I don't have any qualms, the location is very good and the food was absolutely satisfactory. I can definitely recommend.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank travellingbookworm
Reviewed February 8, 2014

I enjoyed my stay – very convenient location, cozy rooms, friendly staffs, and a nice accommodating bar downstairs, with live music. However, they promised free Wi-Fi, but the network was almost inexistent. It didn't bother me much as I was out all day. The place could get a bit noisy, as it is close to an interstate bus terminal, Chinatown, and a supermarket. They didn't make up my room in between days, something you would expect in a hotel. Also, the shower pressure was very poor! But considering the amount I paid per night, it was a great choice, and I wouldn't mind going back there for a few nights.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 24, 2014

Dined here 3 times in a week. Food is as good as you get in a pub anywhere. Staff and locals are friendly, and a very good choice of beers on tap. Try their own made spring rolls- superb!
There is a choices of a dining area as well as two bars and outside area( not so good as toilets are nearby)

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Chris C
Reviewed November 11, 2013

I found The Metropolitan Hotel in Adelaide by searching for a place to stay near the bus station. The hotel is right next door, across from the famous Market. Couldn't be in a better spot. Lovely, restored pub. Nice, clean interior. Fabulous food in the restauarant. Large, clean room at a rate I have not yet found anywhere else while traveling throughout Australia. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Margriet R
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Again submariners of the association had gotten together for our 'AGM' but it is more like a social gathering. We were given sole use of the dining room in the centre of the pub, away from the noise of the road and the bar areas. The ladies enjoyed some bread entrees due to our 'gas-bagging' a little too much which was well received. On completion we had a lovely meal, although the calimari was a bit ordinary; my 'skippy' was fine and by all accounts, bugs-bunny (rabbit) pie was well regarded. This is a good pub which enjoys our continued patronage and we, the good service in return.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business