“A Great Day Out”
Review of Taste the Barossa

Taste the Barossa
Ranked #9 of 57 Food & Drink in Adelaide
More attraction details
Owner description: •Small Group Winery tours (max 20 people) •4 world class wineries, including Peter Lehmann Wines where we enjoy the famous Weighbridge regional platter for lunch (vegetarian option available), Langmeil (home to the oldest Shiraz vineyard in the world) & a mystery winery that will showcase the best of the Barossa. Explore the Barossa Valley with Taste the Barossa and you will enjoy a day tasting some of the best food and wine in Australia. We start the day at a relaxing 9am picking you up at your accommodation or a pre arranged point in Adelaide. We make our way out of Adelaide through the Adelaide Hills with our first stop the famous Whispering Wall where you will be fascinated by its famous acoustic qualities.Our first winery is the beautiful and historic Château Yaldara, this is one of the most photographed buildings in South Australia and no trip to the Barossa Valley is complete without getting a photo in front of this iconic building.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed November 28, 2010

Tasted some great wines in a small friendly tour group. Well looked after by Dallas, the tour guide and driver.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,011)
All reviews
"sparkling shiraz"
in 10 reviews
"great wineries"
in 28 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 26 reviews
"lovely lunch"
in 20 reviews

Reviewed November 23, 2010

Great plan for a Sunday.
How are you going to drive to go to a wine testing? Here is the perfect solution. They drive you through the Barossa Valley stopping by 4 wonderfull cellerdoors. The company is great, and the tips and little stories that Dallas tells while driving are not only funny but very interesting.
They share with you their personal experience, getting a good and real overview about the Valley, the wine production and the different companies involved.
Moreover those tours are usually expensive, but this one it very affordable. They even pick you up and bring you back home afterwards!!

Great wine, great food, great company!

Reviewed October 31, 2010

Booked trip after reading about it on TripAdvisor. Excellent trip--really worth the extra few dollars compared to others. Dallas is very knowledgeable about wines and vineyards and is all around a superb tour guide. He also dropped me off at the airport at the end of the tour, a little added extra to a great day. Listed as one of the top attractions in Adelaide and I heartily agree.

Reviewed October 24, 2010

If you may think some of the reviews are fake; this is not!

I booked this tour based on Tripadvisor reviews and I was not dissapointed!

We were picked up from our hotel by Dallas who made us most welcome. At the start the bus was full of 20 strangers but by the end we were all firm friends. The route Dallas picked took us up through spectacular scenery of the Adelaide Hills away from the freeways down minor roads. All four of the wineries were special and Dallas's enthusiasm and knowledge of the valley was infectious. We were welcomed with open arms by everyone we met and I beleive it was down to Dallas himself and his relationships he has built with them. There may be other tours but we had that something special.

Whilst we all mention Dallas, I think a mention to Nikki, who answered the phone and organised everything for us. A great team.

Would I recommend it to others - you bet I would. Would I go on it again absolutely.