“An amazing day!”
Review of Taste the Barossa

Taste the Barossa
Ranked #1 of 54 Food & Drink in Adelaide
More attraction details
Owner description: •Small Group Winery tours (max 20 people) •4 world class wineries, including Peter Lehmann Wines where we enjoy the famous Weighbridge regional platter for lunch (vegetarian option available), Langmeil (home to the oldest Shiraz vineyard in the world) & a mystery winery that will showcase the best of the Barossa. Explore the Barossa Valley with Taste the Barossa and you will enjoy a day tasting some of the best food and wine in Australia. We start the day at a relaxing 9am picking you up at your accommodation or a pre arranged point in Adelaide. We make our way out of Adelaide through the Adelaide Hills with our first stop the famous Whispering Wall where you will be fascinated by its famous acoustic qualities.Our first winery is the beautiful and historic Château Yaldara, this is one of the most photographed buildings in South Australia and no trip to the Barossa Valley is complete without getting a photo in front of this iconic building.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed August 3, 2013

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our day with Dallas. Their great service began with my booking with Nikki on the phone and their hospitality continued through the day of our tour. I also need to eat gluten free and they were very accommodating. This was the first wine tour my husband and I have been on (he is not a huge wine drinker), but we both could not say enough about this beautiful day. Dallas was very informative and has a great sense of humor! It was a bit rainy in the morning, but there couldn't have been a more perfect thing to do on a day like that. Thanks to Dallas and Nikki! We highly recommend this tour!

Reviewed July 28, 2013

3 girls from wa and 1 from Melbourne meet in Adelaide for a girls weekend. The taste the barossa tour was our perfect day out and Dallas was amazing. I've never left a TA review before but I felt I had to after our tour. So from all of us (slightly hungover) wild women - we thank you. To Nikki for her perceptive group allocation and to Dallas for his great barossa commentary and funny jokes... Great lunch and visit to a range of wineries. Fantastic. Thank you.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

We had a fantastic day with Dallas and a bus full of wine loving people in The Barossa in July 2013.
From the moment we got on the bus we were welcomed and the fun began.
The trip to the Barossa was a bit non eventful but Dallas had many interesting stories about Adelaide and the region that made the trip go fast.
It was also an opportunity to get to know the others on the bus.
The wineries were great, well organised and we were tipsy by lunchtime.
This was because we took Dallas’s advice which was to “try everything”.
Luckily a fantastic lunch was provided showcasing all locally made bread, cheeses, chutneys and more.
After lunch we walked to the next winery and continued on our merry way.
All in all we met some great people, saw some of the sights, ate some great food and drank some great wines from The Barossa region.
I would highly recommend this tour. It was the best $99 I have spent on an all day activity in a long time.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

20 Jul - Had the best day despite a bit of winter weather, lovely way to spend a friends birthday, thanks Dallas for a fun and informative day, highly recommend this tour group. Kath (famous 6)

Reviewed July 21, 2013

We picked this tour based on trip advisor reviews and weren't disappointed. John our tour guide was great and full of information. Didn't get bored on the drive at all as we were too busy learning about SA, Adelaide and the Barossa. We visited 4 wineries and had about 8 tastings at each. Overall was a great day out and would recommend this company.