“Best in the Barossa :)”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Taste the Barossa

Taste the Barossa
Ranked #1 of 59 Food & Drink in Adelaide
More attraction details
Owner description: •Small Group Winery tours (max 20 people) •4 world class wineries, including Peter Lehmann Wines where we enjoy the famous Weighbridge regional platter for lunch (vegetarian option available), Langmeil (home to the oldest Shiraz vineyard in the world) & a mystery winery that will showcase the best of the Barossa. Explore the Barossa Valley with Taste the Barossa and you will enjoy a day tasting some of the best food and wine in Australia. We start the day at a relaxing 9am picking you up at your accommodation or a pre arranged point in Adelaide. We make our way out of Adelaide through the Adelaide Hills with our first stop the famous Whispering Wall where you will be fascinated by its famous acoustic qualities.Our first winery is the beautiful and historic Château Yaldara, this is one of the most photographed buildings in South Australia and no trip to the Barossa Valley is complete without getting a photo in front of this iconic building.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Perth, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Best in the Barossa :)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

Not just a boozy afternoon, John was so knowledgeable about the area and kept us interested (and awake!) with wonderful stories. This was my second tour with Taste of the Barossa, and I have had no hesitation recommending it to friends visiting Adelaide. The stop at Langmeil is not to be missed! My parents were with me from Canada this time around, and were also very impressed. John was also wonderfully attentive to my elderly cousin who has a physical disability and needed a little extra assistance. Thanks again for a lovely day out, I'm sure I'll be booking again next time I'm in the area!

Visited October 2012

• Korean first
Lausanne, Switzerland
“Amazing Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

Amazing experience and great wine tasting! Dallas, our driver, provided an entertaining and informative day tour of the wineries of the Barossa Valley and local culture. I really suggest this tour if you are staying in Adelaide!

Visited December 2012
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“The only one!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

This is a very professional, friendly, and outstanding tour company. They are excellent with all emailing, very helpful and create a fun, informative and relaxing tour. The choice of wineries appears limited but you will be more than happy as anymore would be rushed. The lunch at Lehmann's is excellent (nearly as good as the wine) and the tasting samples here, at Langmeil and Murray Street are BIG! The relaxed couches at Murray Street are a great end to the day.
Caren't recommend more. We will go again when next in Adelaide.

Visited October 2012
Saint Louis, Missouri
123 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 139 helpful votes
“Fun, Scenic & Very Informative”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our time with our "Taste of the Barossa" guide. Dallas provided an entertaining and informative day tour of the wineries of the Barossa Valley. Starting with a stop at the Whispering Wall dam we knew we were in for more than just stops at the many local wineries. He also included a brief opportunity to walk the small town of Tanunda with its charming churches, cafes and buildings. The winery choices were first rate including a fabulous lunch at Peter Lehman. Beautiful scenery, plenty of wine to taste and great company all added up to a fun-filled day.

Visited November 2012
New York City, New York
“A day to remember...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

My husband and I were on our first ever trip to Australia, with Adelaide being on the 2nd half of our vacation. I had read previous reviews of Taste of the Barossa and it sounded like a great tour. And it was - we had a fantastic day, weather was spectacular, our guide was amazing, and the wine was flowing freely! We highly recommend this tour, the smaller group size made it much more personal.

Visited December 2012