“best winery experience”
Review of Taste the Barossa

Taste the Barossa
Ranked #1 of 54 Food & Drink in Adelaide
More attraction details
Owner description: •Small Group Winery tours (max 20 people) •4 world class wineries, including Peter Lehmann Wines where we enjoy the famous Weighbridge regional platter for lunch (vegetarian option available), Langmeil (home to the oldest Shiraz vineyard in the world) & a mystery winery that will showcase the best of the Barossa. Explore the Barossa Valley with Taste the Barossa and you will enjoy a day tasting some of the best food and wine in Australia. We start the day at a relaxing 9am picking you up at your accommodation or a pre arranged point in Adelaide. We make our way out of Adelaide through the Adelaide Hills with our first stop the famous Whispering Wall where you will be fascinated by its famous acoustic qualities.Our first winery is the beautiful and historic Château Yaldara, this is one of the most photographed buildings in South Australia and no trip to the Barossa Valley is complete without getting a photo in front of this iconic building.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Jakarta, Indonesia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“best winery experience”
Reviewed March 20, 2011

totally love my barossa trip and really enjoyed my day. Dallas is very informative about the area and histroy of the barossa, learned alot about australian wine from him. went to four 'boutique & smaller' wineries. the wines were great, and lunch was nice.
will definitely recommend the tour to friends and family.

Visited December 2010

• Korean first
Sydney, Australia
“A Great Day Out in The Barossa”
Reviewed March 17, 2011

This was a wonderful one day tour of the Barossa, taking in McGuigan's, Peter Lehmann, Langmiel and Andrew Seppelt's Murray Street Vineyards. Dallas, our eynthusiastic host, was a font of information on the wines and history of the area. Pickup was around 9 am from Adelaide, a trip through the Adelaide Hills and then to the wineries. Lunch was at Peter Lehmann's and consisted of much of the local produce. We really enjoyed this day and it was great value too!

Visited March 2011
London
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 377 helpful votes
“Best tour so far in Australia”
Reviewed March 7, 2011

I am staying in Adelaide for 7 days so wandered down to the Tourist Information centre and spent 3 hours with Carla booking my trips for the month - this is an excellent place to book trip before it gets sold off! Carla recommended this trip as the company is small and family run.

We had Dallas for the day and he is very funny, very informative and you are not likely to nod off. We toured 4 wineries and managed on one to taste the most expensive wines on offer (including a $100 bottle) because Dallas used his charm to persuade the cellar door person to open the bottle. Lunch was a lovely cheese, bread, olive and almond platter so plenty to eat. At the last winery, we sat under the veranda to taste the wine and we were all a bit tipsy at this point.

All of us really gelled and I had a fantastic day out thanks to Dallas. Interestingly, I went on a different tour the day after with another company (which I shall not name) and the driver/guide droned on for hours, mumbling away to such an extent that it was impossible to pay attention and it was a relief when he stopped talking and I wished I was back on the mini bus with Dallas again.

We were all picked up and dropped off at our hotels/lodges at around 830am/9am and dropped back at 530pm so it was all very simple and fantastic value for money. Expect a memorable day out.

Visited March 2011
5 Thank Catherine_London
Birmingham, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Fantastic experience”
Reviewed March 5, 2011

I took the tour with my girlfriend whilst we were visiting Adelaide in Febuary. It was one of the highlights of the trip to Oz and certainly a must do if you're out in Adelaide. Dallas who conducts the tour is a really good guide and the smallish group size is ideal. All of he wineries were really welcoming too and it didn't matter if you were an expert or novice. I have to say the quality of wine we tried was very good and I didn't feel at any stage that I was being fobbed off any plonk! We were staying in Glenelg which is a bit of a treck from the centre of the city and Dallas was more than willing to come and collect us. Definite full marks for this one, impossible to fault and a very reasonable price

Visited February 2011
2 Thank trouble_man
Canberra, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A fabulous day in the Barossa”
Reviewed February 28, 2011

My girlfriend who is from Canada and I are recently went on the wine tour of the Barossa Valley. Our guide was a gentleman called Dallas. Dallas was so enthusiastic and accommodating to everyone's needs and wants on the tour. I was the only Australian on the tour. There was such a great mix of cultures and Dallas really brought it all together. We got the most out of our trip and it really made us want to stay longer, and I definitely will be doing another tour in the near future and I'm highly recommending your company to friends and family.
I just wanted someone to know how much we appreciated having someone so knowledgeable about wine, and the Barossa Valley, and it was refreshing to have someone that really genuinely loved what they were doing.
I'm no wine expert but I did learn quite a lot in a short period. Hopefully we see you in the near future. Kind regards"

Maree - Canberra