“Great half day tour”

Escapegoat Adventures
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Explore South Australia the best way, by bike! We offer guided and self-guided bike tours, private tours and bike hire, including E-bikes. Check our website for full details of all our tours and specials. Tours include winery tours by bike and our unique Lofty Descent downhill adventure, which is suitable for all. We specialise in small groups, and normally operate our tours for 8 or less riders.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed August 24, 2014

Ian my guide was great. Showed me around some very nice single trails at Fox Creek. A nice 40 minute drive in the country from Adelaide CBD.

Excellent value!!!

in 6 reviews
"wine tasting"
in 12 reviews

Reviewed August 8, 2014

Excellent tour guide. Great seeing the koalas in their natural habitat. Very pretty trail and wildlife park got you up close to the animals. Great comfy bikes and even put up with my consistent braking.

2  Thank BeckyA210
Reviewed August 7, 2014 via mobile

The Lofty Descent Tour was the highlight of our Adelaide trip. My friend and I thoroughly enjoyed the cycle which was easy yet exciting. Ian always made sure we were comfortable and know what to expected around the mountain bends. Overall a great time was had with a great guide. The mountain was beautiful, copious wild koalas were to be seen and a trip to the nature reserve was just a brilliant added extra plus the guide Ian brought along his four year old daughters delicious homemade cookies for our morning tea.

2  Thank RezzaG
Reviewed July 16, 2014

I have been on both the winery tour and enjoyed it so much I booked the Loty Descent.
Ian gives detailed instructions about what to expect which is great. The scenery on the way down from Lofty is so beautiful. Both tours highly recommended!

2  Thank Kate M
See more reviews
Reviewed June 10, 2014

What a brilliant way to explore the Flinders Ranges - by mountain bike. Ian and Andy were very organised and capable... in riding, leading, hosting and catering too.

The riding was wonderful. I usually describe myself as an intermediate bike-rider, but I now know I'm a novice on a mountain bike! I found some of the steeper or rocky parts of the ride pretty tough - but not insurmountable. After saying that, they're not the parts of the trip I remember most. The freedom of touring by bike, spectacular scenery, serenity of the remote location and the track chats with other riders are far more memorable. This doesn't happen by chance; the Escapegoat trip was well planned, professional and safe.

Accommodation was clean and simple in Shearers Quarters on a working station... we had everything we needed and it would was good to get a glimpse of station life.

Thanks Ian - it was a great 5 days.

1  Thank Clare V