Ways to Experience Escapegoat Adventures
from $93.61
More Info
from $115.38
More Info
All reviews mountain biking wildlife park bike ride mclaren vale quality bikes morning tea adelaide hills great fun flinders ranges winery tour wine tasting highly recommend this tour ian mtb skills koalas forest
Selected filters
Reviewed August 8, 2014

Excellent tour guide. Great seeing the koalas in their natural habitat. Very pretty trail and wildlife park got you up close to the animals. Great comfy bikes and even put up with my consistent braking.

Date of experience: August 2014
2  Thank BeckyA210
Reviewed August 7, 2014 via mobile

The Lofty Descent Tour was the highlight of our Adelaide trip. My friend and I thoroughly enjoyed the cycle which was easy yet exciting. Ian always made sure we were comfortable and know what to expected around the mountain bends. Overall a great time was had with a great guide. The mountain was beautiful, copious wild koalas were to be seen and a trip to the nature reserve was just a brilliant added extra plus the guide Ian brought along his four year old daughters delicious homemade cookies for our morning tea.

Date of experience: August 2014
2  Thank RezzaG
Reviewed July 16, 2014

I have been on both the winery tour and enjoyed it so much I booked the Loty Descent.
Ian gives detailed instructions about what to expect which is great. The scenery on the way down from Lofty is so beautiful. Both tours highly recommended!

Date of experience: January 2014
2  Thank Kate M
Reviewed June 10, 2014

What a brilliant way to explore the Flinders Ranges - by mountain bike. Ian and Andy were very organised and capable... in riding, leading, hosting and catering too.

The riding was wonderful. I usually describe myself as an intermediate bike-rider, but I now know I'm a novice on a mountain bike! I found some of the steeper or rocky parts of the ride pretty tough - but not insurmountable. After saying that, they're not the parts of the trip I remember most. The freedom of touring by bike, spectacular scenery, serenity of the remote location and the track chats with other riders are far more memorable. This doesn't happen by chance; the Escapegoat trip was well planned, professional and safe.

Accommodation was clean and simple in Shearers Quarters on a working station... we had everything we needed and it would was good to get a glimpse of station life.

Thanks Ian - it was a great 5 days.

Date of experience: June 2014
1  Thank 609clarev
Reviewed June 8, 2014

We had a great time doing the Lofty Descents tour with Ian. The highlights were feeding the kangaroos in Cleland wildlife park, and the beautiful descent into the valley through the natural bushland (with wild koalas!). It is downhill all the way, suitable for all abilities, and a really interesting way to see parts of Adelaide you wouldn't normally get to see. The homemade banana bread was a lovely touch at morning tea. Thanks Ian very much!

Date of experience: June 2014