“Great fun”

and up
Mount Lofty Descent Bike Tour from Adelaide
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Explore South Australia the best way, by bike! We offer guided and self-guided bike tours, private tours and bike hire. Check our website for full details of all our tours and specials. Tours include winery tours by bike and our unique Lofty Descent downhill adventure, which is suitable for all. We specialise in small groups, and normally operate our tours for 8 or less riders.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed September 1, 2013

I recently did the Lofty Descents and Vines/Wines trips with a friend. Ian did a great job taking us to neat places and providing interesting info. We appreciated how easy going and flexible Ian was. The Lofty trip was fabulous fun - so amazing to cycle downhill and see koalas dozing in the trees. I came away from the trip wanting to do more. We did the Wine trail trip a few days later. I loved the massive down hill. The McLaren Vale area is lovely - perfect rolling hill country and lovely wine. Fabulous wineries. I thoroughly recommend people get in touch with Escapegoat - you will love it. Cheers. (The wine made it home safe!).

Welshie75, Owner at Escapegoat Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Hi Mel,

thanks for the review, hope you and Michelle had a safe trip home, glad the wine got back in one piece. Hope to see you again if you pop over this way!

Cheers,
Ian

Reviewed June 17, 2013

I love montain biking and that's why I chose Escape Goat to visit McLaren Vale by bike. Apart from the weather, our journey was fantastic. It is an easy ride for beginners but it is also a fun ride for more adventurous bikers. And for sure it is the best way to go and the only way to enjoy the views and nature. Far better than a bus or car... Ian is a perfect guide! I truly recommend it!

Reviewed June 1, 2013

This is my first time of mountain biking and it is really exciting! Coach Ian is very nice and experienced and considerate. He knew I was not confident enough for tough mountain road, (actually I was scared to dead) he then chose a comfortable route for me and my partner. Fortunately, we got a good weather, the all the way scene is so and amazing, we can take a good look of the whole Adelaide city. It is absolutely worth the effort! Thanks Ian!

Welshie75, Owner at Escapegoat Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

Thanks Maggie, glad you had a great day!

Reviewed May 15, 2013

We did the Lofty Descents trip, then the McLaren Vale wine trip a couple of days later.
Both are great fun; the first one is more focused on the biking and the wildlife. The second is great if you want to have a bit of a ride to justify the wine tasting and excellent lunch. Ian, who runs it, knows his bikes and his wine, and is very friendly.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I did the Lofty Descent ride last week and it was fantastic! I was visiting Adelaide for business and just had a day to do some sightseeing and was so glad to have joined this tour! I do not have any mountain biking experience so I was a little nervous about the trip- but Ian did a great job of providing instruction and setting up a great ride DOWN the hill which was completely enjoyable even for a middle age mom like me. The stop at the Cleland Wildlife Park was really worthwhile - got to feed some kangaroos and emus! And then we saw a lot of koalas just napping in the trees throughout the rest of the ride down. Very fun and I highly recommend!