“Great staff but noisy on Saturday nights”
Review of iStay Precinct

iStay Precinct
Brisbane
“Great staff but noisy on Saturday nights”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

I had read the reviews before booking and decided to take a chance for the very cheap $100 cost. Service by staff, Will and Rishi (?) was excellent. Room was fine and provided what we needed although the bedroom was stuffy without a fan or direct aircon. Yes, the carpets were stained but pretty sure they were never intended for a hotel style of accommodation!

Friday night was fine and we slept well but Saturday not so great. My husband could sleep standing up so it didn't bother him but I was woken about 10pm by the very heavy music vibration as mentioned in reviews. Sadly it could not be escaped as it vibrated through our entire apartment. It kept me awake, on and off, until around 3am so I wasn't a happy camper.

I took the risk and everything else was great for the $100 cost. I would return again due to the service and overall accommodation and location but not on a Saturday night!!

Room Tip: We asked for a room away from the potential noise but apparently no room allows you to escape the vi...
Hotel M, Manager at iStay Precinct, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at iStay Precinct. It is great to read that you found the customer service our staff provided was helpful and excellent. As we are a city hotel small amounts of noise is always expected, especially over the weekend. If guests go above the allowed noise level, our front office staffs are normally quick to respond so to ensure the comfort of all hotel guests. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
  • Indonesian first
Mandurah, Western Australia, Australia
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed here due to attending a conference in Adelaide so it was booked for us. The hotel is in a handy location and generally well presented. I see that others have mentioned the standard of cleanliness here, have to agree about the carpets, shockingly dirty. Seriously, cream coloured carpets in a hotel? The manager does respond to these reviews I see but there's only so many times that he/she can trot out the same "I have passed that on to our housekeeping/maintenance" line before it just looks lazy. I reported a fault with our tv on the Sunday, it took a further 2 days and at least 4 attempts speaking to staff to get it repaired, shame we check out tomorrow. I understand that things don't always happen in an instant but there was nil communication from the staff in regards to this issue, with me or their colleagues. It wasn't until I asked to speak to the manager that things got moving. I would have liked to give this information to the manager myself but he/she "was in a meeting". Also, don't plan on sleeping past 0600, there is a loud knocking sound at that time which, according to reception staff, is due to the large number of people showering at that time and a hot water system inadequate to handle it. Unlikely to recommend this hotel to friends or colleagues...unless I don't like them ;-)

2 Thank Clay S
Hotel M, Manager at iStay Precinct, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to comment on your recent stay at iStay Precinct. It is disappointing to read of the issues you faced during your stay. Several attempts have been made in trying to contact you with no success. We would still very much like the opportunity to discuss this matter with you further as we value your feedback.

Travelers are raving about these Adelaide hotels

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed April 5, 2013

The unit was unclean, stains on the couch, carpet, TV remote. The couch and bed was uncomfortable - I booked a room with a queen sized bed and was put in a room with two single beds put together, it had a dip in the middle and was disgusting and uncomfortable. We complained to management and they did nothing about it and said ' oh well that's how all our beds are'. There was only two bars of soap provided no shampoo or conditioner. There was also no parking available.

As a result of our stay here and the bed my husband has had a sore back and had to go to the chiropractor on return to Melbourne.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank 30AlisonA
Hotel M, Manager at iStay Precinct, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to comment on your recent stay at iStay Precinct. It is disappointing to read that your apartment did not meet your expectations. Our iStay brand offers discount accommodation for our guests and in order to provide low rates, amenities are not provided however there are some available at reception for an additional charge. We apologise if this was not communicated to you correctly upon booking. Your comments in regards tot he cleanliness issues within the apartment have been passed onto the Housekeeping Manager for their immediate attention, as these are not the usual stanards in which we normally pride ourselves on. We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Loved Adelaide! But didn't love this place. A real shame considering these apartments are quite modern.. Definitely lacking in service & the reception area has a sterile feel. The apartment was disappointing. There were dirty stains all over the couch & the balcony was very unclean. Not inviting at all.. What made things worse was the constant loud whistling noise i experienced over the 3 nights. I thought it was the air conditioner, only to find it was coming from outside the door of the apartment. Be kind to yourself & stay elsewhere...

3 Thank AJ0305
Hotel M, Manager at iStay Precinct, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at iStay Precinct. It is disappointing to read your comments regarding the customer service you recieved. iStay Precinct normally strives to provide guests with friendly and welcoming customer service. Your comments will be passed onto the staff, as feedback is a way in which we can improve our standards. I will also pass on your comments to the Housekeeping Manager in regards to the cleanliness in which you found your apartment. We hope that we can welcome you back in the future.
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I stayed over easter in a one bedroom apartment which was on the ground level of the Atrium complex. The apartment was excellent and very comfortably appointed. The pool, sauna, spa and hot tub were also excellent. When the staff messed up part of our booking, they went beyond the call to make up their mistake and I was very impressed by their excellent service. There was also a washer and dryer, dishwasher, microwave -etc. But it can be noisy if you are staying on weekends as there is a nightclub down the road, and local younger people stay there rather than cab it home. If you were not there on a Friday or Saturday night, this would not be a problem. That said, I still slept very well despite the noise.

Room Tip: Our room was on the ground level and I know it was in very good condition - just a little noisy at n...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Robyn M
Hotel M, Manager at iStay Precinct, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us. It is always nice to hear that our guests find our apartments and facilities comfortable and to their liking. Great customer service is something we certainly strive for at Precinct and I am pleased to hear that the staff went above and beyond to prevent a potentially bad exerience during your stay.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed April 1, 2013

clean and spacious with well appointed kitchenette
pool/steam room also very good
fast and efficient elevators (important to someone like me who hates elevators!)
helpful staff
good price
note we set of the fire alarm cooking breakfast and incurred a heafty fine, but the staff were nice and apologetic about it!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Hotel M, Manager at iStay Precinct, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of iStay Precinct. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our apartments, facilities and service to your liking. In regards to the incident you experienced during your stay, I would like to thank you for reading and understanding our terms of stay and for noticing that the staff deal with these issues as kindly as possible.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Port Lincoln, Australia
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Stayed here over the easter weekend with my husband and 2 children aged 16 & 14. We were very comfortable. Although there were a few things that needed attention like - Curtains in main living area, some were missing, no plug in bathroom, TV reception average, dishwasher faulty and only 1 coffee cup. Usually things like this bother me a lot but while staying here I booked again for 2 weeks later... The feel of the place is good.. We have new carpet in our room. Previous trip advisors reviews were useful as they have complained about carpets in some of the rooms - terrible.. I phoned before we arrived and checked if I would have this concern. Pool and spa good. King bed in main room and 2 singles for the kids. On arrival we asked for a fan for the kids room as there is no aircond or windows in their room. Location is good - Go to Charlie's in the Central market for Coffee and bacon and egg sandwich, great value and very tasty.. Overall I would like to see the rooms have a good look over. I would suggest that a manager take a walk through each apartment, make sure all cups, plugs etc are all there and also cleaners to do a attention to detail, especially in the bathrooms, it takes nothing to remove a bit of mould in the shower.. I am only being picky and honest but like I said I will be back....PS my son said they have bad pillows. Too many big pillows.. No room service over easter. I was happy with that!!!

Room Tip: I have rebooked the rooms in the other building. They have different curtains.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Natram
Hotel M, Manager at iStay Precinct, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of iStay Precinct. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us overall and that any issues you faced during your stay were minor. It is great to get such detailed feedback as it helps us work towards providing the best possible service to our guests. As mentioned in your review, previous negative comments regarding carpets and walls have begun being addressed and are continually being worked on.
Once again thank you for taking the time to write your review and I look forward to seeing you on your next stay.