“I woke up to find a man in the apartment- not my partner!”
Review of iStay Precinct

iStay Precinct
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Firstly, I want to say I chose these apartments, having bought a discount ie $114/night deal.
My apartment was comfortable and, apart from the carpets, was in good condition. The bathroom was pleasant, the bed was comfortable, the balcony had a great view and it was a good choice from that perspective.
However there were some hiccups. I woke the second morning to find a man entering the room. He did leave when I shouted out as he was a repair man who had come to fix the TV. (I had not complained about the foxtel as I did not use it.) I reported the incident afterwards and I was eventually told that there had been a mix up and the man had entered the wrong apartment. This acknowledgment took a while to come and I did receive an apology, but IT FREAKED ME OUT!
The third day one of the lifts was stuck, so I chose, with others to descend the emergency stairs to ground floor. As that door was locked we were unable to exit until someone opened the door for us.
The third night, I was woken by someone who was trying to get in to my apartment. After the previous experiences I just rang reception and someone came. I heard him speaking to a young man and he sent him off.
The prices for the internet are expensive and I complained. Howeever I had been warned by others.
The people who work there have a good attitude and although I had several dramas- 4 days and I slept very badly I think it was just a crazy confluence of events.
the pool and spa was great and I used them each day. The view from the spa is just lovely. I found people to be happy and friendly when i wa sin the pool/spa area.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Gabriel11
Hotel M, Manager at iStay Precinct, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. It is great to hear that you found our apartments, views and facilities to your liking. It is also good to hear that you found our staff to be both friendly and helpful. In regards to the incident you experience with maintenance, it is hotel policy that any staff member or visiting technician knock 3 times before entering any apartment. Upon futher investigation I have found that this procedure was followed and that as soon as maintenance realised there was someone in the apartment they apologised and left immediately.
I look forward to welcoming you in the near future.

There are newer reviews for iStay Precinct

Reviewed March 16, 2013

We stayed for three nights. The view from our fifteenth floor apartment was amazing, right to the coast and good fun watching planes land at airport. Staff were helpful and polite. Usual charge for wifi which should be free. Good location and easy to walk to centre. Apartment was spacious and there were windows even in the bathroom which was nice. Great kitchen area and very well equipped. Good level of cleanliness. I would highly recommend.

Room Tip: Go for a sky view room
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Hotel M, Manager at iStay Precinct, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review, It is always great to hear that our guests have enjoyed their stay with us. I am pleased that you found our rooms, faciliites and housekeeping to your liking along with our customer service. I have to agree the view from our Sky View apartments are stunning and there is no better way to relax after a long day of sightseeing than sitting on the balcony taking in the view.
I look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Stayed in a standard room, on a Wednesday night for business. Exceptional value hotel for the room quality and location (near good restaurants, pubs). Large, clean, airy rooms with modern decor. Only negative was some of the structural bathroom fittings (soap dish, toilet roll holder) were absent or need repairing, but this didn't affect my stay at all. Thoroughly recommended overall.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your review on your recent stay. I am pleased to hear that you were impressed with our rooms, location and housekeeping standards. I also thank you for advising of the issue with your toilet roll holder - I will pass this onto our maintenace manager for action.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I arrived not much after 11pm at night, booking through one of the agencies on the internet just before 12 midnight. I rang to check we could access apartments, as it was so late, and was greeted by Robbie who was most helpful and couldnt do enough for us. After the first night we decided to add another night to our 2 night stay. They booked us in with no problems and at a better price than we could book on internet. The rooms are modern and are just the right size for 2 people. They have a kitchen with oven and dishwasher, front loader washing machine and separate dryer in a laundry cupboard. Parking is an extra $18 dollars a day and you can come and go as you please, also very secure.
A short walk into Hindley street but away from the noise and bustle of the city. Also there is a swimming pool and spa in the back high rise apartments which has a great view of the city from the full glass paneling from bottom of pool to the roof. Just have to ask for a towel from reception before you go up to indulge.
I would have no hesitation with recommending this accommodation and look forward to staying again.
These guys are doing it right :)

Room Tip: We stayed on the sixth floor which was room 605...A great spot to have a drink on the balcony and wa...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review on your recent stay. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our rooms, facilities and location to your liking. I am very pleased to hear that you also found our customer service to be of a high quality - this is something we strive to provide. I look forward to welcoming you back through our doors in the near future.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

This is was my second stay at the Istay.. This is the second time I've adored it. This time we stayed in a court yard suite and I was so IMPRESSED!
The rooms are clean, perfect location and since the weather was above 35 night and day it was nice that the room continued to stay cool..
The only thing I had a problem with was the service.. It may have been possible that everyone we spoke to where having a bad day.. but I work in hospitality/reservations my self and I would never treat customers the way we were treated. It seemed painful for the staff at the front desk to smile or be helpful and I felt so rushed and information that was vital to our stay (eg. the location of our room) was missed. I came for my birthday and it was just a shame that we were treated as tho we didn't exist. All we ask is the service level is lifted, As anyone knows it can make your day receiving good service!
When booking the room I spoke to the nicest lady. She was so helpful and kind - I suggest the rest of the staff take a page from her book.
Overall we had a great stay and were comfortable, Happy and we are certainly looking forward to our next stay..
Smile, It cost nothing but its worth Millions!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for your recent feedback on your stay with us at iStay Precinct. It is great to hear that you found our rooms, facilities and location impressive and to your liking. I was taken aback by your comments on the reception staff as we strive for 100% customer satisfaction - please rest assured I have spoken with each staff memeber in regards to this review to ensure that this does not happen again.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Booked a budget apartment for $109 a night, a clean, modern and great location. New carpet all the mod cons.
Great pub round the corner "the cumby"
Friendly staff and very helpful
Will stay again next time in adelaide

Room Tip: Spend the extra and get a skyview
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Hotel M, Manager at iStay Precinct, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

Thank you for your recent feedback on your stay with us at iStay Precinct. It is great to hear that you enjoyed our apartment and facilities. I am glad that you found the staff to be both helpful and friendly - customer service is something we pride ourselves on. iStay Precinct is so perfectly situated when it comes to great food in Adelaide it is almost dangerous (for our waistline).

I look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

Once outside the Adelaide Airport terminal, I walked eastward for about 5 minutes to the bus stop for J1 and J2, pulling my bags behind me, as I usually use public transportation whenever possible.

The ticket cost AU$4.9, and was valid for two hours, during which you could change to any city buses or trams to reach your destination. It was about 7 km from the airport to iStay Pricinct. I got off at Currie Street as was advised by the bus driver, a stop near Light Square. The tall building of iStay was already in sight to the south of the square.

For those who wish to stay a bit longer in Adelaide and explore the city on their own, iStay Princinct is certainly a good choice. I finde the washer/dryer useful, after my stay at Melbourne and accummulated some laundry when I arrived in Adelaide, on a tight budget. The kitchen was well-quipped, more than enough if I just wished to cook my own breakfast and mybe some of my favorite dish for a change of taste.

I asked for and got an apartment on the 12th floor, facing west, so that I could take photos of the West Terrace and further west, the city skyline and the airport at sunset. It was not a busy airport for international air traffic. They handled fewer than 10 international flights on a daily basis, as I was told. But the view was breath-taking, if you love and appreciate the look of the city.

The bedroom is clean and the mattress comfortable. In the sitting room, internet cable and wifi are available but at a fee. Not many satellite TV programs were available. But the DVD/CD player is certainly a plus.

Rooms are not cleaned regularly as in an ordinary hotel. Guests are expected to do their own cleaning if they stay long. Extra cleaning has to be paid, as per the hotel regulations. The pool and sauna was under maintenance when I was there. However, it was not clarified on the web when I was booking.

Shopping areas in Rundel Street, King Williams Street and China Town maket are within walking distance, if you enjoy walking in strange cities. There is also a free city loop bus available. What I did was to go around the full loop and got a feeling of the city and spotted areas of my own interest and then started to explore in detail.

In strange cities, I usually wish to have a taste of the local flavors of all kinds, culture, food, drinks, talks, open-air performaces, museums, art galleries, traffics, to name just a few. So keep your eyes and ears open and enjoy yourself, mate.

Room Tip: Rooms on the east and west side on high floors are good photo spot for sunrise and sunset.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed reponse. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am glad my staff were able to fulfill your request in regards to your room location - especially during such a busy period in Adelaide. I do apologise for the inconvenience of having the pool area closed however this is unfortunately not run by the hotel itself - staff were offering the use of facilities at our sister properties near by during this time.

As you mentioned (and as stated on our website) servicing is not provided as part of the nightly rate, this is how we are able to offer guests such affordable rates - servicing is available at an additional cost and can be organise with reception at anytime during your stay.

Once again thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.