“Centrally located hotel in Adelaide”

Crowne Plaza Adelaide
Ranked #6 of 57 Hotels in Adelaide
GreenLeadersGold level
Townsville, Australia
“Centrally located hotel in Adelaide”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

The Crowne Plaza is situated in Hindmarsh Square near Rundle Mall - the center of shopping for the Adelaide CBD.Rooms were excellent and there wer good views from the windows - day or night.The room was very quiet and it was even good to hear the rain falling, great for going to sleep at night. Staff were very courteous and customer service was excellent throughout the stay, including breakfast, where there was an excellent choice of cereals, fruits, and cooked foods.
Room service was prompt and very efficient.
Staff made a point of remembering your preferences for a meal e.g I had a flat white coffee for breakfast each morning. Beds were comfortable and it was easy to go to sleep at night by pulling the full-length curtains in the room.
This stay was to attend a conference held at the University of Adelaide, which was walking distance away. Also close by, within walking distance, was the Torrens River, the Adelaide Oval, and the Botanic Gardens.

Room Tip: Get a room on the outside of the towers, these have the best views.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Linda C, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Adelaide, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Dear Terry H,

It is so lovely to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and I really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. I am very pleased you liked your room and found it quiet to sleep in.

Thank you for acknowledging the efforts of the staff, they really do want to please and will be delighted to read your review.

I hope you have a lovely weekend ahead (enjoy the warm weather if you are back in Townsville - I am very envious and it's a beautiful place).

Linda

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (448)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

I've stayed at this hotel on several occasions however this last one was best yet. It's like they have upped the service and experience they want to give you.
Best in room dining ( the salmon) that I've had in years as a business traveller.
My only gripe....uncomfortable pillows, but they changed it when I requested a new one.
I'd highly recommend

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Linda C, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Adelaide, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Dear Polly C,

I am delighted to know that the few changes we have made are making a difference. We are always trying to improve and we take the feedback we receive very seriously which is why I do believe we are continually improve the service we provide.

I hope your pillow choice was recorded but please when you make your next booking just reconfirm your choice so we can have it ready for you.

I hope you are having a wonderful week and you will be back again very soon.

Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

Crowne Plaza was a great place to stay. Great location near Rundle Mall and Adelaide University (& a taxi rank!). My room was quiet & clean. Breakfast buffet had a good variety of choices. There are some great eating options nearby too. The staff were polite & helpful. The only fault was the use of the card swiping system in the lift, which was at times temperamental.

Stayed July 2014
Linda C, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Adelaide, responded to this review, July 20, 2014
Dear ChapmanSar,

I am so pleased you found Crowne Plaza to be a great place to stay. The team will be very pleased to hear you found them to be both polite & helpful.

I do apologise for the problems you had with the card swiping system in the lift, we have just ordered a new type of card which we are hoping will resolve this issue.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and I hope we are able to welcome you back again when you are next in Adelaide.

Melbourne
Reviewed July 18, 2014

My partner and I stayed at the Crowne for 5 nights whilst visiting his family, I'd never been to Adelaide before but this hotel proved to be nothing short of amazing! Beautiful views of Hindmarsh Square and so close to Rundle Mall, I practically dragged him there almost everyday. We had a balcony room on level 4 overlooking the square which was great, the staff were really pleasant and attentive. The bath was definitely a highlight for me, bed & pillows were a tad on the soft side for me but having severe back problems, that couldn't really be helped (didn't want to disturb housekeeping for a new pillow though, so my fault on that one!). Room service was delicious! Honestly could not fault Crowne at all.

Linda, you and your team are doing a great job, thanks so much for all your hard work and for making our stay was an awesome & comfortable one! Will definitely be back! :)

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank leesinead
Dear leesinead,

Thank you so much for your very kind words it really does mean a lot to all of us to know that our guests enjoy staying with us.

Please next time let us know what sort of pillow you like and we can have this ready for you prior to arrival and we also have bed boards which we can use to increase the firmness of the bed. These are really simple things for us to provide and it is no trouble at all for us to do this.

I hope you are having a great week and you are back visiting us again in the very near future.

port lincoln
Reviewed July 17, 2014

3rd stay here over the last 12 months , and that's says it all! Each time we have stayed in a balcony room overlooking Hindmarsh Square , fabulous rooms, lovely decor and amenities and spotlessly clean. Even though is right in the city we find it too be relatively quite compared to other hotels on North Terrace. Rooms have heavy curtains and thick glass on windows and doors which work a treat. Comfy beds and pillow menu too. Excellent position as around the corner from Rundle Mall , short stroll to Adelaide Oval etc. The hotel has a beautiful ambience and wonderfully friendly helpful staff. Fantastic pool, spa and sauna to utilise and huge Buffett breakfast available in Redsalt restaurant. Can not fault this hotel at all.... Highly recommend! We are IHG members which offers free wifi, room upgrades, late check outs , well worth it...

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank melstef72
Linda C, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Adelaide, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Dear melstef72,

Thank you so much for your very kind words and what a lovely review for me to share with the team. I am so pleased you are enjoying staying with us and the rooms with balconies overlooking Hindmarsh Square are fabulous.

I really do appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and hope you have a fantastic weekend.

Al the very best until we see you again.

Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed July 15, 2014

We live in country South Australia and whenever in Adelaide we stay here. We love it and I can not honestly think of any reason not to stay here. The staff, service, rooms are all excellent and not to mention the location. Shops, pubs, museums and a ten minute walk to the famous Adelaide Oval. All great and thankyou again Crowne Plaza Adelaide for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Linda C, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Adelaide, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Dear cat0407,

Thank you so much for you lovely words and I am thrilled you continue to choose Crowne Plaza when you are visiting Adelaide. The team will really appreciate, as do I, your positive feedback.

I hope you are having a great week and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Australia
Reviewed July 14, 2014

Have been before but this time we booked a room overlooking Hindmarsh square so had a better view. Room excellent and bed excellent and had table and chairs on balcony (make sure you ask for these if you want them). Ric, the concierge, seems to know everything and used our names every time he saw us - very impressive. All staff were very friendly and helpful. Wasn't impressed that I was booked in as a Mr. Doesn't have the feel of luxury to it that the Intercontinental hotel has and the breakfasts aren't as good as theirs.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear RachelGreen Travel,

I am very pleased to know that thought your room and bed were excellent. Ric does pretty much know everything and he is very impressive and we are very lucky to have a great team of friendly and helpful people.

I am very sorry that your booking was not correct and you were booked under Mr, I will follow this up to see how this has happened.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, we really do appreciate it. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the very near future.