“Outstanding every time”

Crowne Plaza Adelaide
Ranked #6 of 56 Hotels in Adelaide
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed January 31, 2014

We have now stayed here four times. Each one has been great. We have stayed in a corner deluxe room every time and they are spacious and on a high floor. Was worried it would be noisy looking onto Hindmarsh square but the glazing and high floor makes a quiet night sleep. Breakfast has been spot on every time and always plenty of staff. We have only stayed on Saturday nights, so I find that Sunday mornings are a good marker for a hotel buffet. Best value hotel in the city. Will keep going back.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor and book a corner suite
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TogzTravelz
Linda C, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2014

Dear TogzTravelz,

Thank you again for making the time and effort to share your experience. I am so pleased to hear you keep coming back and continue to enjoy the experience with us.

We look forward to celebrating your many stays ahead with you!

There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza Adelaide

997 - 1,003 of 1,679 reviews

Reviewed January 29, 2014

I recently stayed (mid January)at the Crowne Plaza in Adelaide for 5 nights and could not have been happier with the facilities or professionalism and service standard of the staff. As a solo female traveller, sometimes you can feel like you are not a 'priority' or even a concern to hotel staff, but nothing could be further from the truth here.
I was warmly welcomed and 'check-in' dealt with quickly and efficiently. As soon as it was ascertained that I was travelling for leisure and not for business, the desk staff and wonderful concierge made it very clear that nothing was too much trouble in ensuring that I enjoyed my stay in Adelaide and the surrounds.
Recommendations, maps and helpful tips and advice were provided which all assisted in my stay being really enjoyable.
The faciliites were excellent, my room immaculately cleaned and the bar area comfortable for a drink and reflecting on the day. The Crowne was very accessible to Rundle Mall and Rundle Street so shopping and a variety of places to have a meal or coffee were literally on your doorstep.
I would happily recommend the Crowne to anyone going to Adelaide and will definitely be staying there again when I return.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Linda C, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

Dear donnaclare2013,

It is so nice to receive feedback such as yours. For a number of years I travelled solo, mostly for business however often with some extra time for leisure, and you are so right that you can often feel a little uncomfortable and certainly like you are not a priority. I don't think this is intentional but probably just less common which nowadays it really isn't.

I really am thrilled that you were made to feel welcome, and comfortable when you stayed with us. To be honest, I don't think the team (or I) have ever even talked about our interactions with female versus male guests, we really just want to make all of our guests feel really welcome. In fact it makes me very happy that you were treated well just because we have a great team who care.

Thanks so much for sharing your feedback and I will ensure I pass it on to the team.

Reviewed January 28, 2014

Our second time visiting Crowne Plaza Adelaide with a large group. Staff from the previous year greeted us by name as we arrived. Nothing was ever an issue, numerous charges and modifications to our booking were all meet with a yes and a smile. Food and service as as good as we have found anywhere.
We will be staying here again and recommend it to our friends and customers.
Well done!

Room Tip: Views out either side of the building impressed. Modern facilites make it hard to find a bad room.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Linda C, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2014

Dear Tim C,

The team at the hotel really enjoyed having your cycling group at the hotel and we are very much hoping next year is an even greater success. We have already had discussions on what else we can do to ensure it all runs smoothly and we are able to cater for your needs as your group increases!

It was a pleasure to have you and we are looking forward to seeing you again next year.

Reviewed January 24, 2014

The staff were very professional and consistently friendly from the beginning to the end of my stay. It was very busy when I arrived at 9am and since the hotel was full I had to wait until after 12 before a room was ready. The superior rooms were very good/spacious for two people, however there was no hot water on the first morning which was annoying - but there must have been a problem because others complained of the same thing. The following mornings were fine with the hot water. Breakfast was really yummy but be prepared to wait in line if its peak time and the hotel is full. Loads of fantastic restaurants in Rundle street and around Hindmarsh Square,

Room Tip: rooms have good ac but can be noisy from adjacent rooms. I think most rooms would be fine.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Morenos

Dear Morenos,

I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for acknowledging theprofessionalism and friendliness of the staff. I am sorry on this occasion we were not able to have a room ready upon your arrival, it has been extremely busy for the past week with Tour Down Under in town.

I have spoken to our Maintenance Manager regarding the hot water as we are only aware of one room that had an issue and this was to do with the temp valve however we will investigate as it does seem strange. Thank you for letting us know.

We really do appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback, it is very valuable to us. Best wishes for 2014.

kind regards

Reviewed January 22, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 1 night on short notice. Nothing was a problem with reception staff. Rooms are good size with comfortable beds, we were overlooking Hindmarsh square.
We had dinner in the restaurant and had a lovely meal. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: January 2014

Dear Avg71,

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback and I am thrilled to know that you enjoyed your short stay with us. I do hope next time you are able to stay a little longer.

Best wishes for a wonderful year ahaed.

Reviewed January 21, 2014

One day before our stay we booked a Superior room at a discounted rate using our Entertainment Card.

The hotel is centrally located, just a stone's throw from Rundle Mall shops and other city sights in all directions. The check-in process was friendly and efficient and our bags (of which we had many, travelling with a baby) were brought up to our room within minutes.

We were very impressed with the room - lots of floor space to fit all our luggage, baby cot and stroller as well as space to move around. The room was also very new and clean. Bathroom was also spacious with a large walk in shower as well as a bath. We had lovely views over Hindmarsh Square, something I think is a benefit over the Standard rooms which apparently back on to a car park.

We used the gym, which was fairly small but well equipped and popular. We also had room service, which was tasty, hot and sent up to the room quickly - it also included a dish we requested from the hotel restaurant menu which was not actually on the room service menu, so we were pleased that they were willing to be flexible.

Overall, we were very happy with the hotel and would not hesitate to stay again. The Superior rooms offer great value for money.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank JetsettersWA
Linda C, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2014

Dear JetsettersWA,

It is such a pleasure to receive feedback such us yours and really does make the entire team at the hotel feel very proud of the service and product we are delivering. We are very fortunate to have a great location and as a newish hotel the team does a wonderful job both cleaning and maintaining it.

Thank you so much for your feedback, it is valuable to us and the team really do appreciate it.

Best wishes for 2014 and I hope we see you again soon.

Reviewed January 19, 2014

Booked after reading some good reviews on Tripadviser but was disappointed with my stay.

We had a balcony room and requested a table and chairs in arrival. Entering the room the balcony was tiny and no table and chairs. Maintenance did bring some up speedily but had had sticky drink spilled on and needed to be asked to clean.The room itself was not very clean, in particular the top of the fabric bed heads which had a thick layer of dust and hair from previous guests which was off putting. The air-conditioning did not work the first evening either however maintenance were able to fix it the following morning. We were offered a room change but as we had unpacked it was inconvenient. When I received my room-service breakfast I was told they had run-out of white bread so this could not be supplied which I was also unhappy about.

Other than the cleanliness of the room most of my issues were of a minor nature, it's just that it was so pervasive. Even when visiting the pool area things like the toilet lights being switched off meant that you couldn't use them and there was nowhere to place your towel. Also had to ask for some mini bar charges to be removed from the bill so I'd recommend checking prior to making payment.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Travlller
Linda C, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2014

Dear Travller,

I am very sorry that we did not deliver a great experience for you and your family, I can see how the issues you had would be annoying. I will share your feedback with the team this morning and we will address the issues you raised, I know they will be very disappointed that we let you down.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, it is very important for us to hear both what we are doing well and the areas we need to improve so we can consistently deliver an excellent experience for all guests.

If you do decide to give us another opportunity, please contact me directly, linda.collis@ihg.com as I certainly would like to make sure your next stay is memorable for all the right reasons.

Best wishes for a great year ahead.