“Comfortable and well priced”

Crowne Plaza Adelaide
Ranked #6 of 56 Hotels in Adelaide
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

From the moment we checked in we were on a winner. Staff very friendly and had us booked on the seventh floor.
Upon entering the room we noticed we were at the rear of the building facing the car park, but we weren't there for the view!
The room was spotless, comfortable and had everything we needed. Modern decor and modern facilities.
Breakfast in the restaurant was great and I was impressed with the amount of gluten free options as I normally struggle to find something without having to ask!
Would stay here again for sure. Great central location and great price!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Linda C, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2013

Dear Rebecca T,

Thank you so much for making the effort to share your experience and it was great to hear you enjoyed your stay. I am so pleased you found your room spotless, comfortable and that it had everything you needed.

I will make sure I pass your feedback regarding breakfast to our Chef as i am sure she will be grateful for your postive comments regarding the amount of gluten free options.

We would love for you to stay with us again!

There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza Adelaide

Reviewed October 13, 2013

We have stayed here previously as paying guests and absolutely loved it , this time I was lucky enough to have won their "discover more " competition , even though we didn't have to pay, we were treated exactly the same as every other guest and once again had our room upgraded to the 13th floor with a delightful view of Hindmarsh square , facilities ,and staff were also excellent again, spotless comfy room and bed, and nothing was too much trouble for anyone . again highly recommended , and I am always advising people that this is the BEST place to stay in Adelaide .Thankyou.

Room Tip: view of Hindmarsh square with balcony & sliding door

Dear suzannie1,

Thank you so much for entering our 'discover more' competition and I am really thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us again. We have our next Facebook competition starting soon (in fact we have two more before Christmas) so please tell your friends to enter also!

And a huge thank you for recommending us and telling people we are the BEST place to stay in Adelaide .

Hope you are having a fantastic week and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

Originally from Adelaide, I hadn't stayed in the Crowne Plaza since it was built but friends of ours said it was very good. We managed to get a pretty good rate (under $150/night) and got a nice room with breakfast included. The breakfast was great, with tons of options (hot & cold) and in quite a nice setting. The room was spacious and comfortable, with excellent bedding and a very nice bathroom. You could tell it was a high quality hotel in everything that was experienced and I'd highly recommend anyone going to Adelaide and looking for somewhere in the CBD to look at this hotel.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Douglas S,

It is very nice to know that your friends had recommended us you took their advice and decided to stay with us. I am even more delighted that you would also recommend us to others and I really appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback.

I am really pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and I do hope when you are next coming home to Adelaide for a visit you will stay again. Thank you again for sharing your experience.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

I stayed in the crowne plaza last week and it was stunning. Comfortable bed with pillow menu, spacious rooms and excellent tv setup with usb so I could play my movies. The best part of this hotel however is the staff. - they are simply fantastic and go out of their way to make sure you know where you are going and that you are happy. A shining example of Adelaide friendliness within a beautiful hotel. Great location and value for money. The concierge was so concerned we would not reach Loxton that he printed google maps out for us and retrieved maps from the back counter and drew it out for us meticulously.
Try the little cafe next door too they are lovely and the banana cinnamon porridge is to die for.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear Sazzzy,

I am really thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you so much for acknowledging the team and the wonderful service they deliver, I will be sure to share your feedback with them.

Appreciate the heads up on the porridge, I will be sure to try it for myself!

Have a great week.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

This hotel ticks the boxes for top ranking accommodation. Our room was spotless, very comfortable and quiet, hotel staff friendly and efficient. Centrally located in the heart of Adelaide's CBD so that getting around is very easy. Great value for money.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Linda C, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

Dear Kaye W,

I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. It is very good to know we ticked all the boxes for you.

I'm not sure if you have the opportunity to get to Adelaide very often but we would certainly love the chance to welcome you back.

Enjoy your weekend.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

I stayed Crowne Plaza Adelaide for a night before. The location is super good. Right at the middle of Adelaide city. Everything is all good except the shower room is too slippery and no auti-slippery mat or somethign like that provided.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Linda C, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

Dear rannn,

Thank you for sharing your experience from your stay in March this year. I am really pleased you thought our location was super good. We have provided all guest rooms with baths a non slip mat and we can certainly also make these available to other rooms on request.

I do hope you will have the opportunity to stay with us again and please let us know when you make your booking to ensure we have a non-slip mat in your bathroom.

Have a lovely week.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

My partner and I stayed at the Crown Plaza last night and we were extremely happy with everything! We arrive to check in and were served by a man called James who was excellent. Very efficient and personable and arranged for us to get late checkout without a fuss. We then went to our room which was on level 14 and had both a balcony and a fabulous view of Adelaide.

The hotel was only built in 2010 so is very clean and contemporary. The bathroom is an absolute highlight, with a big deep bath built for luxury and a beautiful shower and basin. The rooms have comfortable king size beds, the only negative would be that wifi is not included in the room fee.

The hotel has an indoor spa, pool, steam room and gym with full functional bathrooms on the same level. Location is also fantastic, right in the heart of the city and a few steps away from Rundle Mall and Rundle Street.

My partner and I have stayed at many 4 and 5 star hotels in Adelaide and this is by far our favorite. Would highly recommend to families, couples and individuals.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Linda C, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Dear Travelling_Guru_45,

It is always a pleasure to hear from guests who have really enjoyed staying with us and are extremely happy with everything! We do aim to ensure every guest has a fantastic experience and whilst we know we are not perfect we think we have so many things to offer, just as you have highlighted.

Please let me know when you are next visiting as I would love to meet you personally. My email is linda.collis@ihg.com.

I hope you are having a fantastic week.