“Excellent location and fantastic customer care”

Crowne Plaza Adelaide
Ranked #6 of 56 Hotels in Adelaide
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed September 20, 2013

You can't ask for a better location if you wish to stay in a property with a big name like Crowne Plaza.

Just behind the property is the best "Shopping" experience that one can have in Adelaide.

There are many Al-Frisco restaurants hardly 400 meters away.

It's a purely business hotel and one can expect facilities for couples or family outings.

The breakfast is good and so it's their customer care.

If I travel to Adelaide again, this would be my hotel of choice.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Vikas S
Linda C, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Dear Vikas S,

Thank you for sharing your experience and I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are very fortunate to have such a great location and being so close to both shopping and a huge choice of dining options is something we are very grateful for.

I am really pleased you enjoyed breakfast and so our customer care.

I do hope we will get to see you again.

There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza Adelaide

Reviewed September 20, 2013

The room was clean and pretty standard. What blew me away was the customer service from EVERY single employee that I encountered. They were all extremely friendly and helpful. Keep up the good work.
Breakfast (which was included in my package) was unbelievable. I loved all the gluten-free choices and the made-to-order options. It made this hotel a really great value.
The location is great too.

1  Thank Zaria_Athena

Dear Zaria_Athena,

It is always wonderful to receive such positive feedback, particularly when it relates to the fantastic team and the great customer service they really do aim to deliver. I will ensure that your review is shared with the entire hotel team.

I am so glad you enjoyed breakfast, we know how important it is to start the day off well and is something we continue to focus on and our packages really do provide great value.

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts, we really value it.

I hope you are having a great week.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

This must be one of the best hotels in Adelaide, We have been several times before to this hotel after trying others. The location and staff are great, the food is the same. The steam room is the best i have been in.

Room Tip: I have not had a bad one!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Raithscotland
Linda C, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Dear Raithscotland,

I am truly delighted that you think we are one of the best hotels in Adelaide - this is absolutely our aim. We are very fortunate to have such an ideal ocation and our staff are great, and we have a great team of chefs who really do love to create some fantastic dishes.

I'm glad you love the steam room!

We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

I booked this hotel based on the reviews I read--- and was not disappointed. The staff are extremely polite and helpful. My room was large and quiet. The bed was comfortable. There was a cleanliness issue upon arrival, but immediately rectified by housekeeping. Despite facing the front, the room was somewhat dark. Lighting is minimal, and the color scheme is not bright. Breakfast was very good. The chef makes an amazing omelette.

The hotel is in a great location. There are many places to eat within walking distance, as well as a mall and supermarket. Public transportation is very easily accessible, including the tram. The bus from the airport stops in front.

This is a great hotel for exploring Adelaide. It is a perfect example of Australian hospitality.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank SEETHEBEST

Dear SEETHEBEST,

I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and got to explore our beuatiful city. I am glad you were comfortable and felt welcome, this is certainly what we aim to do. My apologies for the cleanliness issue you experienced upon your arrival.

We are currently replacing our lights throughout the hotel and the new lights are more energy efficient but also much brighter.

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts, we very much appreciate it.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

My partner and I stayed at the Crowne Plaza for 3 nights in September.

We arrived quite late 11:00pm'ish, so our check-in was very quick and straight forward. We were not offered a complimentary newspaper each day, well unless you signed up for their membership program.

We were given the option of upgrading to a room with a city view, instead of the car park next door. We didn't bother taking up that option, so lets just say, we had a room with a view of the car park and leave it at that.

THE ROOM
+ Comfortable Bed
+ Very Dark. Good curtains not a lot of ambient light.
+/- Certainly not a lot of space, but it was the cheapest room type
- Water pressure in the shower was average

BREAKFAST
+ You could order freshly cooked eggs or just have scrambled.
+ Baked Beans were great (which is a plus for me)
+ Variety and freshness was of a high standard.

GENERAL
+ The Location, very close to Rundle Mall (shops) and a number of restaurants
+ The Rooms are quite modern, the building isn't that old.
+ Rooms were clean, well maintained.
- Valet parking is $32, there is no self parking....there is a car park near by, but it's really not much cheaper unless you're parking after 6pm.

I didn't use the gym or other facilities.

Overall, it was a good stay, but nothing too out of the ordinary.

1  Thank ZapoAUS

Dear Commander_Pants,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and sharing both the things you enjoyed and the areas we can improve in. There are some items you raised (such as the newspaper) that we could most definitely have assited with, and we always have some spare in the lobby for all guests also. I will also follow up on the water pressure as this should not be an issue.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

This is the second time I have stayed here and it's no more than OK. I paid a lot of money for a room with a balcony overlooking the square and it wasn't too bad - bed quite comfortable. However I was not impressed when, on arrival, I went out on the balcony and put my fingers on the railing to find that it was very dirty. I cleaned it myself, but really think you should not have to do this. Quite a few things went wrong with my stay and although when the manager was notified she was very helpful, it did not make up for unpleasantness. I really strongly suggest you do not use room service, including breakfast. It is hard to imagine more thing going wrong with a breakfast tray than happened during my two days. and the second time took twenty minutes to fix-not helpful in the morning when you are getting ready for appointments and checking out. The 'pillow menu' is very unsatisfactory- I was given pillows that were hugely thick (I think actually they were squashed into wrong-sized pillow cases) and when I asked for a flatter pillow I was given something that closely resembled a paving stone. I didn't bother asking again, but went out and bought a pillow at Target, only a block away. It was only $5 and easier than dealing with the reception staff. When I asked to run off my airline boarding pass instead of the staff doing it, as is normal on hotels, I was directed to a little 'business' area near reception. Again, I really think I should not have had to connect up the computer to make it work! But I did! On the plus side, it is in a good location near to a million eating places (inlcuding breakfast places!)

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms looking into the car park- I stayed in one of those previously and they are very cla...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Ert53

Dear Ert53,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am very dissapointed that you were far from satisfied with your stay and will address the issues raised with the team. This is certainly not the impression we like to leave our guests with.

I appreciate we did not deliver as we should have on this occasion and will focus on improving the areas you have flegged.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

We stayed at the Crowne Plaza for two nights just last weekend. We found the facilities and the service outstanding, the location excellent and the breakfast was the best! Would highly recommend this hotel to others planning a stay in Adelaide for business or pleasure.

Room Tip: An upgrade to a balcony room for the view was worthwhile.
1  Thank BMatthews2013
Linda C, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2013

Dear BMatthews2013,

Thank you so much, I am thrilled you found the facilities and the service outstanding, the location excellent and the breakfast was the best - we really do aim to ensure our guests love our hotel as much as we do!

Hope we see you again very soon.