“Fantastic place to stay in Adelaide”

Crowne Plaza Adelaide
Ranked #6 of 57 Hotels in Adelaide
GreenLeadersGold level
Sydney, Australia
“Fantastic place to stay in Adelaide”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

We came to Adelaide for business without a booking, as we had not been there before, and didn't know the layout of the city. We spotted the Crowne Plaza, and walked in. The staff couldn't have been more helpful, offering us a great price for a 2 night stay.We were blown away by the standard of service,The staff were the friendliest and most helpful we have encountered for a long time. In particular Stacey on the reception desk and Concierge, Rick, made us feel so welcome. Our room was lovely with new furnishings, great colours and super clean bathroom, very important!!! The shower was a generous size with nice products to use. The daily room service was excellent. The breakfast buffet was brilliant, so many choices, with everything so fresh and appealing, even at 9am. The central location is perfect for exploring the CBD so close to the shopping precinct and also the nearby restaurants and cafes. The concierge was very helpful in recommending the tourist bus service, which is free, for me to travel around to see the sights of Adelaide. I stopped off at the Arts Precinct, just lovely, would recommend to all travellers. A big thumbs up to Crowne Plaza, we could not fault you in anyway. Would definitely return on our next visit to Adelaide.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank aussieonthego13
Linda C, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Adelaide, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear sam j,

I was absolutely delighted to read your review, thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. I am really glad you chose to stay with us.

We are very fortunate to have such a great team, and I will be sure to let Stacey and Rick know that you have recognised them for the great job they do.

Thank you again and I will ensure your review is shared with the entire hotel team.

Will be great to see you again.

Linda

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (447)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Tasmania
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Our second stay at this hotel in just over two months and we enjoy staying here for business and leisure. The staff are very friendly and an early arrival and a late check out were no problem this time, thank you. The corner balcony rooms are very nice and it is so wonderful to have a proper king size bed, not just two beds pushed together, believe me this does make a difference. The lighting in the bathroom above the vanity could be brighter, but this is a small thing really. The location is brilliant and in addition to the restaurant downstairs there is so much available for shopping and dining options (Jasmin, Cafe Michael 2) just five minutes walk away or short taxi trip (Chianti Classico). We look forward to coming back again soon.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank tassiefoodie
Dear tassiefoodie,

Thank you for again taking the time to share your experience and I am very pleased on this occasion you had no issues with checking in and out. I am very pleased to say we have now replaced the bathroom lights in half of the rooms and within the next couple of weeks the entire hotel will be completed so hopefully on your next visit you will see the difference (no pun intended!).

We look forward to having you back again soon.

Adelaide Hills, Australia
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Stayed here for a few nights recently and really enjoyed it. Had a deluxe balcony room with a great view over Hindmarsh Square, Adelaide city and the hills. Was a really nice room, well set up, very clean and comfortable. Bed was good as was bathroom with good water pressure in a big walk in shower with seperate tub. Hotel is in great location close to everything, Rundle mall is just around the corner. Red salt restaurant and bar downstairs is a great place to eat and the room service menu is good, needs icecream on it though....!! Only small gripe is that valet parking is really the only convienient option and it was $32 to $36 per day dependant on the day so it racks up a bit over a few days stay. I understand CBD parking is expensive but it is a lot more here than at other top hotels in the CBD we stay at. Service was very good at all times and housekeeping did a great job servicing our room. Will stay here again for sure. Recommended.

Room Tip: Worth paying a bit extra for a balcony room with a great view.
Dear Travellin2SA,

I am so pleased you really enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for the great feedback on the hotel, we really do appreciate when we get postive comments, it makes the team feel really terrific.

I will speak to the chef regarding the icecream! (I am sure it is something we could provide on request also).

Have a great weekend.

Robe, Australia
Reviewed August 28, 2013

My friend and I stayed here during our time in Adelaide to celebrate my birthday. We had booked a standard suite as we did not plan on spending much time at the hotel. Upon arrival we opted for the discounted upgrade and were not disappointed. We chose to book another two nights there as it was so comfortable and we had an amazing view of the square. It was the perfect accommodation for my birthday and being in the heart of the city, we didn't need to take the car anywhere. The two double beds were extremely comfortable, the suite was lovely and clean and the bathroom was beautiful. The staff were very welcoming and the service was faultless. Will defiantly be staying again!

Room Tip: if offered, take the upgrade, you wont be disappointed!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Kathleen L,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and hope all your birthday celebrations were fanatstic - Adelaide is a wonderful place to celebrate special occasions.

I am really delighted that you decided to upgrade to Hindmarsh Square, it is certainly worth it and particularly when you can get it at a discount!

We look forward to welcoming you back. Have a great weekend.

linda
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed August 27, 2013

My wife and I spent our wedding night here before flying off for our honeymoon. The location was perfect as it is in the heart of the CBD - near our venue for our wedding reception. The journey to the airport took approximately 15 minutes. The breakfast spread was comparable to Asian 5* hotel breakfasts. The room was roomy, big bed, good bathroom which was well stocked with amenities. Being local - I'm already contemplating a romantic weekend back there with my wife!

1 Thank Ishan G
Dear Ish G,

Congratulations on your marriage and I am thrilled we have been able to play a very small part on your special day.

Please make sure you let me know when you do have a special weekend planned with your wife as we would love to make it perfect. My email is linda.collis@ihg.com.

Hope you enjoyed your honeymoon!

Morpeth, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for one night with my son. Very warm welcome, room was comfortable but the highlight must surely be the breakfast which was outstandingly good value and of a great quality. The hotel is located in the centre of the city and well placed for the CBD ( but Adelaide isn't a big city's).
My only observation is that the pool is rather on the small side. All in all a good experience

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Linda C, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Adelaide, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Dear raadjjh,

I really appreciate you taking the time to share feedback from your stay at Crowne Plaza Adelaide. I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay and I am thrilled to hear that you the highlight was your breakfast.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us.

Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed August 25, 2013

The location is perfect for exploring the CBD while on holiday. The staff were the friendliest and most helpful we have ever come across in a hotel.The corner room with the King Bed was good for us - lots of natural light and awesome bedding and mattress.The TV could have been bigger. The shower was a generous size with awesome water pressure. The daily room service was excellent. We thought the valey car parking charge at $36 was expensive but had little choice. The breakfast buffet was brilliant for two food connoisseurs (the fact that it was included in our room rate due to a 5 night long stay was even more appealing). We would consider the room a 4 star.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are large and sunny and higher floors have less traffic noise.
1 Thank Crusaders2013
Dear Crusaders2013,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts and I am really thrilled that you have recognised our staff as the friendliest and most helpful you have ever come across in a hotel. I am going to ensure that I share your review with all the team as I know they will be both delighted and humbled.