“Beautiful hotel and A++ service”
Review of Pullman Adelaide

Pullman Adelaide
Ranked #7 of 56 Hotels in Adelaide
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed June 7, 2013

I have stayed here a few times and this is a wonderful hotel. The hotel is plush, decadent and has exquisite finishes/fixtures.

Rooms are large, luxurious and comfy. Beds are plush and everything is finished well. Bathrooms are enormous and functional while being stylish. Very impressive.

Facilities are also top notch. Gym is fantastic and modern, as is pool and spa.

Dining is easy (buffet breakfast is good value and great quality) and many other options nearby.

Great location in the heart of Adelaide. Everything is walking distance.

Service is outstanding. The reception and concierge staff are always friendly and VERY helpful. Professionalism and courtesy are above and beyond and highly commendable.

Only downside is that half the rooms face onto a car park which is a bit depressing and the rest face the nice park...but they're noisy due to street sweeping commencing at 5am!

Overall an exceptional hotel and strongly recommended when visiting lovely Adelaide.

Room Tip: Rear rooms look onto a caged car park while front rooms are noisy in the morning due to street sweep...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Linda C, General Manager at Pullman Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Dear AusBeagle,

Firstly, please accept my apologies for not responding sooner. Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts and I am thrilled that you enjoying staying with us. The team here are genuinely very friendly and helpful and I appreciate you acknowledging this.

I do hope we get to see you again very soon.

Kind regards and best wishes

Reviewed June 5, 2013

The full package ... Fabulous staff ; always welcoming , polite ,courteous and all immaculately dressed and groomed. Check in was fast friendly and efficient.
Front office manager 'Craig' was exceptional in attending to my needs promptly ,as was 'Timothy' from the Restaurant who proved to be a wealth of local knowledge !!!
Outstanding rooms - bathroom was sparkling clean with fluffy towels, bath robes and lots of freebie toiletries. Top quality finishes and beautiful soft furnishings.
Luxurious bed linen ... and seriously comfortable bed.
Corner balcony with scenic views over the Adelaide hills. Great location close to Rundle mall Excellent value and highly recommended - will definitely return...

Room Tip: Deluxe corner room have a bit more space and great scenic views over the hills
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Linda C, General Manager at Pullman Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

Dear sue180371,

Thank you so much for writing such a glowing review. We are very lucky to have Craig and Tim and it is always very nice to have them acknowledged for the great job they do.

I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay and we would love to have you back as soon as possible!

have a great week.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

My husband and I have just returned to Canberra after 3 days in Adelaide and I have to say our stay here was flawless. What a great property. My husband needed minor heart surgery so the close proximity to Royal Adelaide Hospital was my main reason for choosing Crowne Plaza but I'm so glad we did. From the moment we were met by the lovely concierge guys, to our final check-out I could not fault the staff or the property. A special hello goes out to the lovely housekeeper on the fourth floor - her smile every morning was so genuine and heartfelt. We had a room with a balcony and it was fabulous. Plus a bathroom with huge shower space. Perfect. Upon check-out on Saturday I was complimenting the hotel to the staff and they told me they had made No.1 hotel in Adelaide so well done. It's thoroughly deserved. 10 out of 10 from me.

Happy traveller

Room Tip: The rooms with a balcony are best.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MCG G
Linda C, General Manager at Pullman Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2013

Dear MCG G,

I am very pleased you chose to stay with us however it would have been nice if it was for a different reason, I hope your husband is recovering well after his surgery. It is very nice to know that you enjoyed your stay and you got to know many of our wonderful team, they will be thrilled to receive your feedback and I will make sure that I track down your housekeeper and pass on your message.

I do hope you get to visit us again, hopefully just for a holiday next time.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

I wrote a review previously for CP Adelaide and when I returned a few months later felt I had been a bit harsh in my previous review. The rooms are nice and the location is fantastic, I actually find this hotel quite peaceful despite the issues I had with the staff last time. I would come back for the 3rd or 4th time this year it's better than the Hilton but maybe not quite the Intercon on North Tce. Either way I thought it was fitting to place a better review this time around, it's easy to complain but credit must also be given when its due and it is a nice hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Dear DMCJQ

What a lovely way to start my week! I completely understand that despite our best efforts sometime things don't go to plan and unfortunately in many cases we do not get the opportunity for a second chance. So for you to both give us that chance and also recognise that
we offer nice rooms in a great location is something I am very grateful for, thank you.

I hope you have a fantastic week, you certainly made my day.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

Lovely spacious rooms with good quality finishes - it's obvious this was not built by a developer looking to cut costs and is a classy product.
Very comfortable rooms which include a balcony and beautifully appointed bathrooms.
Stayed here is August 2010 & would definitely stay here again

Room Tip: High floor with balcony
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank gunsy

Dear gunsy,

I am thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for writing such a great review. I do hope it won't be so long before your next stay!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

There is something to be said for staying in a new property. With the hotel only being 2 years old everything is well presented, clean and fresh. However I cant help but think that a revisit by management to add what appears to be finishing touchs to what is a pretty Bland decor would stand the property in good stead, not only in the rooms but also the public areas. Compared to the Sebel, Rendezvous, Majestic Roof Garden and the Adina Treasury its pretty mainstream. and lacks the Quality fitout of the afore mentioneed properties.
However the location is oustanding if you are visiting Adelaide for a shopping and Culinary experience being only a minute walk to the Mall and East End of Rundle street. On this basis alone I would recommend the Hotel highly.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank roamingmark1

Dear roamingmark1,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and I appreciate you recognising the benefits of we have of being a new property in a great location, I also understand that our design while modern, clean and fresh may not be to everyone's taste. I am very pleased that you would still recommend the hotel to others.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

Crowne Plaza Adelaide delivers all you could want in a brilliant location. Check in was smooth efficient and very friendly, the concierge went out of his way to offer advice on all the most important things, even to where to get a good coffee on the run.
The room was large, tastefully furnished and offered pretty good city views, this would not be the case in every room so make sure to request it if that’s what you’re looking for. Some rooms would look out on to an apartment building. Bath robes are a plush inclusion. The bath was a really pleasant surprise, huge and deep so you can put those robes to good use. We did not buy any wi fi time as at $22.50 it was too expensive. Fortunately this was not a requirement for us. Nor did we have breakfast at the hotel, once again, if you are trying to save some money for shopping, much better to pick up something at one of the many nearby places. Position is the big winner here. Rundle mall and Rundle streets many and varied restaurants are a five minute easy stroll away. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: 9th floor room 9o5 has a nice view over Hindmarsh square
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Karen H
Linda C, General Manager at Pullman Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2013

Dear Karen H,

I am so thrilled to know that we were able to deliver what you wanted, and we are so fortunate to have such an ideal location. I do think our hotel is positioned ideally for getting out and about in Adelaide and it is so easy to walk around town.

We do offer free wi-fi in the lobby if this is something you might need for your next stay!

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts, we really do appreciate the feedback.