“Great one night escape”

Pullman Adelaide
Ranked #6 of 55 Hotels in Adelaide
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Had a lovely relaxing night in a very clean spacious and very comfortable room. The bed was fantastic and the pillows were just right - (which is amazing as the pillows are never just right in any hotels!!!) Had a nice relaxing sleep. One small thing I didnt like was the brightness of the alarm clock, the whole room glowed - I tried to find a dimmer whilst half asleep but gave up and put a spare pillow over it - problem fixed, I was soon back asleep without a worry in the world...... The room was exceptionally quiet with no street noise or noise from other patrons. The pool, spa, steam room and sauna were excellent and it was a great way to relax and unwind. A very modern, clean and comfortable establishment. I would reccomend this hotel to anyone wanting a night away from the kids.......Staff were pleasant and courteous.

Room Tip: Turn the alarm clock off as it is really bright at night time.
1  Thank Lance G
Linda C, General Manager at Pullman Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Dear Lance G,

It is always great to know that we have been able to meet the needs of our guests and sometimes it is as simple as providing a good bed, the right pillow and a quiet room. As a parent I truly do understand how precious those small breaks away can be so I am truly very pleased we were able to do this for you.

It is very nice to know you were able to relax and unwind.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and lovely feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back for your next break.

Linda

Write a ReviewReviews (1,797)

Reviewed April 14, 2013

We stayed 1 night in the Adelaide Crowne Plaza, we had booked a King Standard room which was very clean, the bed was very comfortable and the bathroom had a lovely deep bath, no view, which we did know when booking. Our room included breakfast the following morning which was excellent with all the fresh fruit, cereal and great selection of hot food, with an egg bar with a chef to cook your eggs to you liking. Overall a lovely hotel.

Room Tip: If you would like a view, don't book a standard king.

Dear Joanne 1958,

I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay and really appreciate you sharing your feedback. Our baths are lovely so I am pleased that enjoyed it and your breakfast also.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback and I do hope that you will stay with us again in the very near future.

Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

Nice hotel that is comfortable and spacious. Central to most things around rhe city. The only thing that we found frustrating was booking the hotel with the understanding wifi was included as part of the room rate based on wording on Wotif, only to be told its at an additional fee. Very sly, deceptive and misleading. After all it indicates pay per view movies, why not pay for use wifi?!

• Stayed: April 2013

Dear MrNigella,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and I am please to know that you enjoyed your stay.

I am very sorry if you found the wording on the wotif site misleading, in some sections of this site we are limited to checking a box without being able to add any detail (pay per view movies is an option we can check but we are not able to specify whether wifi is charged for). However in saying that, we will update the areas that we can to ensure we are more specific. We do offer free wi-fi in the lobby area of the hotel but there is a charge in the rooms.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

Here are the pros:
- hotel situated literally in the cbd
- car valet parking is not too shabby ($25 and discounted for me)
- free internet on the ground floor ONLY
- nice lobby waiting area
- super fast lifts

Cons:
- Slow to check in even when I'm on gold IHG member. Not sure whats the use of the gold membership.
- A/C should be cleaned.
- Restaurant and bar too close to lobby so it will always be cluttered with people.
- Staff should inform guests of surcharge on credit card BEFORE running the charge.
- Bathroom design not very well thought out.
- No bathtub in 1314. It's amazing what a bathtub can do to your review.

This is one of the most centrally situated (to CBD) Adelaide hotels I have stayed in. Adelaide is a small city so it is expected that the views are not what you stay here for. The room is comfortable enough but leaves much to be desired. A/C needs cleaning and made clunky noises during all my stay. There is no bathtub in standard room at 1314.

Rooms are big and catered for business travellers. The gym and swimming pool is awesome. The restaurant downstairs is very much hyped and lives up to its name.

Now the bad part of my experience. I arrived to only 2 people serving at the checkin counter. One of the super slow young staff seem to be more interested in his retirement plans than serving people. The car valet staff (older guy) at the time was super efficient, having sent my car away to park and later also did my hotel room check-in after seeing I wasn't being served for 10 minutes. This action from the valet staff saved the day for my impression of this hotel's service. Hence the "average" score.

Why there are only 2 staffs at the counter at peak time (6pm) escapes me. The asian staff and older guy at parking valet should get promoted for being so busy and proactive. The other young staff is really uninterested in his job. I just got off a 3 hour flight and not interested in waiting another half an hour to get a room. Bear in mind, your hotel charges more than Hilton just down the road.

Just a tip to management, train your younger staff to be interested in people since you are in the people business.

Room Tip: If you stay in room 1314, ask them if the air conditioner is cleaned. Ask for a bathtub room.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jasper H

Dear Jasper H,

Thank you for taking to time to share your feedback, we do find this very valuable. I am very pleased to hear that there was some components of your stay that you were happy with but of course I am very disappointed that there were a number of things that impacted negatively on your stay.

We do have a regular maintenance program that includes cleaning the airconditioners so I will speak to our Maintenance Manager regarding the room you stayed in to ensure we have this checked.

I am sorry that you experienced delayes at check-in, there should be at least 3 staff members at that time and this is something I have already addressed with our Front Office Manager. I am also extremely disappointed that one of our team seemed disinterested as this is certainly not the level of service we aim to deliver. I do appreciate you acknowledging the great work done by our concierge team and will ensure I let them know of your positive feedback.

Again, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and I will address the various issues you raised with the team and hope that we have the opportunity to impress you on your next stay in Adelaide.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

This hotel is ideally situated for a stay in Adelaide CBD, the staff were all friendly and extremely helpful While out room did not have a balcony ,some other rooms did ,but ours had a lovely deep bath. The room was spotless ,well lit with easy to adjust A/C ,was a decent size and had an extremely comfy king bed . Would not hesitate to recommend this hotel .

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Linda C, General Manager at Pullman Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Dear imfitz,

I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and thought our location was ideal for your visit to our beautiful city. I think we have a fantastic team here so it was wonderful to receive your feedback on the service you received. The baths are lovely!

Thank you for recommending our hotel and I hope that you are able to stay with us again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

What a fantastic find! All staff provided excellent customer service. Rooms - offered an upgrade and had great view, high floor and an amazing bath!
Great location- easy walk to Rundle Mall and lots of restaurants in the area.
Would stay again :-) great value for money!

• Stayed: April 2013

Dear Iaine85,

Thank you so much for kind words and I am so glad you found us!
Our rooms on Hindmarsh Square do have a fantastic view and I am glad you loved the bath.

I am looking forward to you staying with us again when you are next visiting Adelaide.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Stayed over Easter. Was our second timehere and have stayed at most of the other main city hotels previously. Overall I have to rate this hotel very highly in terms of value for money, service, newness and the great location. Positives were really helpful and friendly staff right from check in to check out. Not a single complaint. Breakfast was small in range but good quality, especially the on demand items like pancakes. The juicer was a fantastic addition. Only complaint is the fact they ran out of many things, like croissants. And due to lack of fruit and veg, the juicer wasn't available on the last day (couldn't someone have gone to the market and grabbed some? It was Tue morning and was open). Pool is too small, the spa lame, but sauna good. Rooms modern and comfortable. Hot water system broke down one morning but after complaining received an apology and drink vouchers from James, the manager. Good, professional service and the type of response that you remember and appreciate. Definitely first choice hotel in Adelaide for me.

Dear grantk935,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and I am very happy to hear that after trying other hotels in Adelaide that we rate amongst the best of them. We are very fortunate to have sucha wonderful team of genuinely helpful and friendly people and I am pleased that James was able to resolve your issue in way that left a positive impression. I will be sure to commend James for this.

I am sorry that we ran out of some breakfast items over the Easter weekend. We were expecting it to be busy but it was even busier than we had expected, however I do take your point regarding the fruit for the juicer and share this with the team.

Again, I really do appreciate your feedback, it is really valuable to us and I do hope you will continue to stay with us when you visit Adelaide.