“A very good hotel with great staff”
Review of Pullman Adelaide

Pullman Adelaide
Ranked #7 of 56 Hotels in Adelaide
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed February 6, 2013

From the greeting by 'Ric' outside the hotel to his farewell when he packed us into the taxi to the Airport 6 days later, we experienced fantastic staff who are always smiling and seem to enjoy giving nothing less than great service.

We had pre-requested a quiet room on a high floor (I am a very light sleeper) and went for the 'superior' room as we were staying 6 nights. We were not disappointed; the room was well proportioned and the bathroom even had a bath!! The aircon was not obtrusive (on low) and provided a comfortable daytime and night time temperature and the room itself was very quiet (at the end of the corridor). The bed was very comfortable and seemed larger than the usual king size. My wife requested a 'thin' pillow and one was delivered within 5 minutes.

The breakfast was one of the best (if not THE best) we have experienced - a huge choice and good quality. The hotel is well located but because the public garden directly outside the front door allows the hotel to be set back from the road, it gives the hotel a nice garden atmosphere, especially when looking out over it having breakfast. The concierge are also very knowledgeable if you need help.

The usual caveats apply - wifi charges and valet parking if you have a car are not cheap - but that depends on the room rate you can get and these days most 'quality' hotels have these add ons anyway. Having stayed here I would not now stay anywhere else in Adelaide. Oh, just note that some rooms have a great and fairly close view of a carpark wall. Not ideal but at the right rate, that might not be a deal breaker unless you plan to frequently gaze out of the window .

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Linda C, General Manager at Pullman Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Dear SkiingTime,

It is fantastic to receive such a wonderful review and thank you for making the time to share your experience. The staff are fantastic and as you highlighted they really do endeavour to deliver great service. I appreciate you acknowledging Ric and will ensure he is recognised for the great job he is doing.

I am really pleased you enjoyed your stay and do hope we see you again very soon (and you never go anywhere else!).

Linda

Write a ReviewReviews (1,722)

Reviewed February 4, 2013

I stayed here last night for business and can't fault it. The king bed is one of the most comfortable I've slept on in the crown plaza chain and the pillows are superb. The shower pressure gets my tick as does the size of the room.
The reception staff are friendly and the location to the mall is fantastic. There are several cafes around the hotel and the one to the left serving campos gets my recommendation.

You'll get a great rest. Trust me. And that's all I care about when I stay away from home.

Room Tip: Don't stay in rooms 403 or 405. I've had them both and they are disabled rooms. My guess is...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Linda C, General Manager at Pullman Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2013

Dear RPKE,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. It is really pleasing to hear that you have enjoyed your stays with us and that our rooms, beds, pillows and showers are ensuring you have a comfortable stay and you are getting a great nights sleep.

Have a great week,

Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for a work trip in November. The location is excellent, short distance from all the main shopping etc yet was tucked away just enough to provide a peaceful stay as its on a town square with a picturesque green lawn.

My room was great (I was upgraded to a king). It was super comfortable and I had great views of the city.

I thought breakfast was good but way overpriced as the internet - usual gripes no doubt. But there is a computer room with 20mins free internet a day for guests.

I would definitely stay here again but try to get a better deal including breakfast otherwise you're better off walking the short distance to the CBD for options.

• Stayed: November 2012

Dear Sam_and_Nina,

Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza Adelaide for your recent stay in Adelaide and taking the time to share your feedback. I am really pleased you enjoyed our rooms and our great location.

I appreciate your thoughts regarding breakfast and internet. We have actually introduced free wi-fi in the lobby as well as some great breakfast deals and reduced the cost of internet in our rooms, unfortunately for you we introduced these changes in December. I hope you do stay with us again and can get the benefits of these changes, sorry you missed out on your saty in November.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

just returned from a business trip to Adelaide made better for staying at the Crown Plaza.
From the warm wand professional welcome at reception, to the modern rooms, quiet location, hot shower, comfortable bed, excellent F&B the whole experience was first class.
I had no problem with the air conditioning - works fine and was plenty cool enough.
the staff are fantastic - nothing is too much bother.
I was on the ninth floor (#905) and had a really good view of the city.
I will stay here in future. Price was very attractive.
There is also a nice cafe on the corner that does great bacon and eggs and wholemeal toast for $12!

Room Tip: higher floor had nice views
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Linda C, General Manager at Pullman Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

Dear JCB_8,

Thank you for your fantastic feedback from your very recent stay. It is always really motivating for the team to receive this sort of acknowledgement and to be appreciated for the great job they do.

I am very happy to know that you enjoyed your entire experience with us and hope that you will be able to stay with us again soon. Please let me know if you are coming to town so I can say hello.

Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

I was booked to stay here from 11 until 15 January as the hotel was very highly rated on trip advisor. Overall the hotel seemed great and modern.

However for what ever reason I could not get a room that was cool enough for me. The day I checked in it was 35 degrees and the first room I used was a corner deluxe and had windows on 3 sides. After 45 mins as air cond ineffective, was moved to a deluxe on a lower floor and all night could not sleep due to the heat despite having air cond on 16 degrees. So the next morning checked out at 530am and moved to the Intercontinental (cold rooms).

I think this is a very good hotel however not for me as air cond was ineffective during my stay. I was not going to post this review however I feel I need to be honest.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Darren J

Dear Darren J,

I am so sorry that you were not able to enjoy your stay with us due to the airconditioning not been cool enough. We did find some of our Deluxe rooms during the really hot days were not cooling enough due to the windows on 3 sides as you mentioned and this is something we are trying to resolve. Fortunately this only seemed to be an issue on a couple of days but I am truly very sorry that it was during your stay.

Thank you for not letting this experience leave a negative impression on you, I think it is very kind of you to still acknowledge the great things about the hotel and I am glad you were able to enjoy the rest of your stay at our sister property the InterContinental.

I would really like to welcome you back to the hotel in the future, please let me know if you are back in Adelaide and would like to stay.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

Stayed 4 nights. Thoroughly enjoyable experience, quality rooms, comfy pillows....all very new! Travelling with a bike and the hotel was very accommodating with special luggage rooms and working areas. Service was very friendly and smiley. Food was of high quality. Excellent buffet breakfast especially the omelettes. A TV that is easy to use!!! Free wi-fi at ground level.

Room Tip: The rooms with a view over Hindmarsh Square are worth taking....excellent view to the hills of Adela...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends

Dear shane r,

Thanks for the great feedback from your recent stay during the Tour Down Under. I am really pleased to hear that the space we made available for bikes etc was useful and appreciated, knowing this we will make sure we continue this in the future.

It is also really wonderful that the staff, the rooms, the breakfast and the TV and wifi made your stay in Adelaide a really great one.

I really appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

Stayed for five nights to watch the Tour Down Under and as a Priority Club Rewards member we received a complimentary room upgrade and complementary breakfast for two every day. Service was superb, room was large and very well appointed on the 11th floor. View was great. Breakfasts were comprehensive and reminded us of some really great hotels in Europe. Opted for valet parking and were not disappointed. Staff were great and it was easy to get car in and out.

Room Tip: Rooms are very well sound proofed, and higher floors have virtually no outside sound with windows cl...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Stephen R,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on your recent stay, it was certainly a great time to be in Adelaide and the Tour Down Under is such a great event. I am really pleased your stay with us enhanced your trip.

I really appreciate your positive feedback, we think we have a great hotel and it is great to know that others do too.

Would be great to see you back here next year if not before.