“Seems like a fantastic hotel but...air conditioning not effective for my stay”
Review of Pullman Adelaide

Pullman Adelaide
Ranked #7 of 55 Hotels in Adelaide
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

I was booked to stay here from 11 until 15 January as the hotel was very highly rated on trip advisor. Overall the hotel seemed great and modern.

However for what ever reason I could not get a room that was cool enough for me. The day I checked in it was 35 degrees and the first room I used was a corner deluxe and had windows on 3 sides. After 45 mins as air cond ineffective, was moved to a deluxe on a lower floor and all night could not sleep due to the heat despite having air cond on 16 degrees. So the next morning checked out at 530am and moved to the Intercontinental (cold rooms).

I think this is a very good hotel however not for me as air cond was ineffective during my stay. I was not going to post this review however I feel I need to be honest.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Darren J
Linda C, General Manager at Pullman Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

Dear Darren J,

I am so sorry that you were not able to enjoy your stay with us due to the airconditioning not been cool enough. We did find some of our Deluxe rooms during the really hot days were not cooling enough due to the windows on 3 sides as you mentioned and this is something we are trying to resolve. Fortunately this only seemed to be an issue on a couple of days but I am truly very sorry that it was during your stay.

Thank you for not letting this experience leave a negative impression on you, I think it is very kind of you to still acknowledge the great things about the hotel and I am glad you were able to enjoy the rest of your stay at our sister property the InterContinental.

I would really like to welcome you back to the hotel in the future, please let me know if you are back in Adelaide and would like to stay.

Linda

Write a ReviewReviews (1,766)

Reviewed January 30, 2013

Stayed 4 nights. Thoroughly enjoyable experience, quality rooms, comfy pillows....all very new! Travelling with a bike and the hotel was very accommodating with special luggage rooms and working areas. Service was very friendly and smiley. Food was of high quality. Excellent buffet breakfast especially the omelettes. A TV that is easy to use!!! Free wi-fi at ground level.

Room Tip: The rooms with a view over Hindmarsh Square are worth taking....excellent view to the hills of Adela...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends

Dear shane r,

Thanks for the great feedback from your recent stay during the Tour Down Under. I am really pleased to hear that the space we made available for bikes etc was useful and appreciated, knowing this we will make sure we continue this in the future.

It is also really wonderful that the staff, the rooms, the breakfast and the TV and wifi made your stay in Adelaide a really great one.

I really appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

Stayed for five nights to watch the Tour Down Under and as a Priority Club Rewards member we received a complimentary room upgrade and complementary breakfast for two every day. Service was superb, room was large and very well appointed on the 11th floor. View was great. Breakfasts were comprehensive and reminded us of some really great hotels in Europe. Opted for valet parking and were not disappointed. Staff were great and it was easy to get car in and out.

Room Tip: Rooms are very well sound proofed, and higher floors have virtually no outside sound with windows cl...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Stephen R,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on your recent stay, it was certainly a great time to be in Adelaide and the Tour Down Under is such a great event. I am really pleased your stay with us enhanced your trip.

I really appreciate your positive feedback, we think we have a great hotel and it is great to know that others do too.

Would be great to see you back here next year if not before.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

We spent two nights over the Australia Day long weekend for our 21st wedding anniversary. Our room was nice and clean and the staff were very friendly, the locatipn is terrific and would not hesitate in staying again, my wife is gluten free and the buffet breakfast catered for her needs extremely well

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Mario B

Dear Mario B,

Congratulations on your 21st Wedding Anniversary, I am really pleased that Crowne Plaza Adelaide could play a part in your special occasion. We are fortunate to be located in a great area and I am pleased this also added to the enjoyment of your weekend.

Thank you for acknowledging the gluten free choices we have for breakfast, we understand the importance of catering to different dietary requirements and appreciate that we have guests like yourselves who are grateful.

I hope you have a wonderful 2013 and look forward to welcoming back for many more wedding anniversaries.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

We spent 5 nights at the Crowne Plaza during the busy week of the Tour Down Under and were really impressed with all aspects of this hotel. The staff were always enthusiastic, welcoming and friendly and our room was quiet, clean and comfortable. Our new favourite in the Adelaide CBD!

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank harryandlloyd

Dear harryandlloyd,

I am really delighted to know that you enjoyed your week with us, it was a fantastic time to be in Adelaide with the Tour Down Under in progress and the staff enjoyed the atmosphere just as much as our guests.

Thank you for sharing your feedback and it really is wonderful that we can be your new favourite CBD hotel! Come back soon.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

The staff are friendly and quite efficient. The bar had dirty glasses on it :( which should not happen ina good hotel. The valet parking was excellent and efficient, with the person taking my bag and putting it in the car, which was waiting for me when I returned from my meeting. The room was very clean and a good size and the bed comfortable. The bathroom was also large, with a separate bath.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Dear Hoss007,

Firstly I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts from your recent stay. It is really valuable that we receive feedback so we can continue to improve our service and ensure all our guests have a wonderful stay.

I am not sure what happened for there to be dirty glasses on the bar, I am hoping that it was just a bad timing thing and they were glasses recently removed from tables but I will most definitely follow this up as you are quite right, it is not what should happen.

It is great to know you ultimately had a great stay and we do hope you will be back soon.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

Have stayed at the Crowne Plaza Adelaide many times for business trips, I have always found check in and concierge to be very helpful and hassel free. The hotel is modern and fresh. Rooms are very modern and extremely clean and comfortable. Location is perfect, right in the heart of the city with easy access to Rundle Mall. Staff are great, they can't do enough for you, very professional and courteous. I always choose to stay here, and will continue to do so.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Simon_1975_Sydney

Dear Simon_1975_Sydney

Firstly thank you for being a loyal customer and making the effort to share your experience of Crowne Plaza Adelaide.

It really is wonderful to hear that our teams effort to deliver a great experience for our guests is paying off and we have people like yourself who both appreciate and reward us by coming back.

Thank you again and best wishes for 2013, we look forward to seeing you again soon.