“Excellent value, all you could ask for and more”

Crowne Plaza Adelaide
Ranked #6 of 57 Hotels in Adelaide
GreenLeadersGold level
Darwin, Australia
“Excellent value, all you could ask for and more”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

At the end of a long week away I was pleasantly surprised with an upgrade for my stay at Crowne Plaza in Adelaide. Everything about this hotel was excellent for my short stay. The upgraded room was very spacious, well set out and appointed and had a great view out over the city and park. The price at $137 was excellent (even for a Friday night). I had the best night's sleep in a very comfortable bed (despite a bunch of noisy students staying in the hotel). I had a great swim in the pool before I left in the morning. The staff were helpful and courteous. I'd be very happy to stay there again some time.

Room Tip: This location is great for a range of restaurants. It is also conveniently located at the top end of...
1 Thank conatus
Linda C, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Adelaide, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Dear Conatus,

I am so glad you enjoyed your short stay with us and the free upgrade! It is great you were able to get a great nights sleep (I know the Uni students here for the University Games were occasionally a bit noisy).

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and I do hope you get to visit again soon.

Linda Collis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (448)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Sydney
Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

Prob the best spot to stay if you are going to stay in the city. It's what you would expect from a crown plaza, nothing more nothing less! Nice rooms clean, plenty of staff available for assistance. Pool and gym are fine not overly flamboyant.
Only thing more I would like is to be able to park my own car and not rely on valet .
Of all hotels in Adelaide I'm happy we chose this one.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Darren G
Linda C, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Adelaide, responded to this review, September 30, 2012
Dear Darren G,

We think our location is pretty fantastic too and I am very happy that you chose us!

I really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Sydney
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Clean, fresh rooms. Friendly service. Quick check in and out. Excellent restaurant.
My colleague and I even stumbled into a reception held by the hotel executive, who were lovely folk. The location was ideal for any central business, and we were in striking distance of our own work on the north side.

1 Thank MickB53
MickB53

Thanks MickB53 for taking time to post a review. I am really pleased we have met your needs and feel free to stumble in anytime!

Essex, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Unprepossessing exterior - could be a modern hotel anywhere - but the difference is that unlike too many others this one is staffed by people who genuinely want to make the visitor feel welcome.

As an experienced traveller I am weary of slipshod, slapdash; so it was a special treat to stay in a place that felt good from start to finish. Warm, friendly, not pushy, exactly right. The room was immaculate, well-equipped and the bathroom well-lit and with a fab shower.

The restaurant on the ground floor served a competent and tasty lunch (I ate there on two separate days and sampled four dishes, all good, and priced well at AUS$ 25 for two courses. Breakfast is a buffet service, with a wide range of choice.

My advice - for a business hotel, it's in a central location and will meet all your needs. There is a lane pool, a bit on the small side, but get up early and get it to yourself.

Room Tip: The higher the quieter - youthful revellers in the park outside the front may disturb light sleepers...
1 Thank Roy and Sarah C
Dear RoystonSas

I am truly thrilled to know that we delivered a great experience when you stayed with us recently. Your insight is true, our staff truly due aim to deliver a genuine welcoming experience and they really do love what they do.

We are very fortunate to have a new hotel which has definitely been built with guest needs in mind and I am so glad you enjoyed dining in Redsalt.

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.

Olympia, Washington
Reviewed September 27, 2012

No complaints except for no suites but a great location. Room service is excellent as are the housekeeping staff. They work so hard and are always smiling. One side of the hotel faces the car park - not an issue for me but it maybe for some guests.

Room Tip: Avoid Beach facing rooms on very hot days as the AC is not the best and the sun will warm up your ro...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank David987897987
Linda C, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Adelaide, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Dear David987897987,

Thank you for making time to share your thoughts from your stay earlier this year. I agree with you our housekeeping staff are excellent and we do believe we offer both great service and food in room service.

Ensuring our air-conditioning is functioning at optimal levels is a priority for us and we have been focusing our attention in this area.

Again, thank you for making an effort to share your experience.

Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed September 26, 2012

We spent a night at the Crowne Plaza Adelaide last month to celebrate my birthday. The hotel is very new and situated right in the heart of Adelaide, just a cooee from the shops of Rundle Mall and the bars and restaurants of Rundle Street - but you don't feel overpowered by traffic and city noise as it nestles behind a park. Right from the time we pulled up out the front the service was seamless. All the staff were very welcoming, friendly, helpful and efficient. We had a wonderful meal in the restaurant which focuses on local foods and has a stunning winelist including several of the exclusive Grange vinages and our room faced south ove the city offering us a good view of the next glorious sunny day.
I can't fault it and will use it again when in need of a treat.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear amcwam,

Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza Adelaide to celebrate your birthday. I am so pleased that you had the chance to enjoy a meal in Redsalt and that you found our wine list to be to your liking.

Our team here love making our guests feel welcome so I am glad you found it to be that way. I will ensure they receive this feedback.

You should treat yourself more often and we would love to welcome you back.

Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed September 24, 2012

My husband bought us a night at the hotel as a birthday gift - valet parking and breakfast was included. The staff were great from the word go, friendly, organised, polite and not too over the top. The ambience as you walk in to the foyer is lovely. The room was spacious, ultra modern, clean and comfortable. We ate at the Griffin's pub next door and walked to the Festival Centre for our night out. After a peaceful sleep and waking up to a cool view over Hindmarsh Square, we enjoyed the buffet brekky that was included in the deal - delicious, varies and again, attentive and good staff. I have only good things to say about the Crowne - I've also used it for a huge block booking for work and everyone who stayed there had a positive experience.

Room Tip: go as high up as you can, overlooking the square and towards the hills
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Netski66,

It is wonderful to hear your birthday weekend went well and I am really pleased that you enjoyed many aspects of your stay with us. Thank you for recognising the service provided by our team and taking the time to share your experience.

Hopefully you can visit us again before your next birthday!