Pullman Adelaide
Hilton Adelaide(Adelaide)(Great Value!)
$101
Hilton
  • Restaurant
Miller Apartments Adelaide(Adelaide)(Great Value!)
$82
  • Fitness center
$126
$103
  • Restaurant
Adabco Boutique Hotel(Adelaide)(Great Value!)
$58
Mayfair Hotel(Adelaide)(Great Value!)
$149
InterContinental Adelaide(Adelaide)(Great Value!)
$113
$100
InterContinental
  • Restaurant
Adina Apartment Hotel Adelaide Treasury(Adelaide)(Great Value!)
$107
$102
Hotels.com
Ibis Adelaide(Adelaide)(Great Value!)
$101
$76
  • Room Service
Peppers Waymouth Hotel(Adelaide)(Great Value!)
$110
$95
Priceline
  • Restaurant
Majestic Roof Garden Hotel(Adelaide)(Great Value!)
$100
$86
Priceline
1,877 results
All reviewsthe crowne plazahindmarsh squarered saltredsalt restaurantrundle mallsteam roomihg membercar parkvalet parkingpillow menugood sizeroom servicemodern hotelstandard roombusiness hotelbuffet breakfastlate checkout
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Unprepossessing exterior - could be a modern hotel anywhere - but the difference is that unlike too many others this one is staffed by people who genuinely want to make the visitor feel welcome.

As an experienced traveller I am weary of slipshod, slapdash; so it was a special treat to stay in a place that felt good from start to finish. Warm, friendly, not pushy, exactly right. The room was immaculate, well-equipped and the bathroom well-lit and with a fab shower.

The restaurant on the ground floor served a competent and tasty lunch (I ate there on two separate days and sampled four dishes, all good, and priced well at AUS$ 25 for two courses. Breakfast is a buffet service, with a wide range of choice.

My advice - for a business hotel, it's in a central location and will meet all your needs. There is a lane pool, a bit on the small side, but get up early and get it to yourself.

Room Tip: The higher the quieter - youthful revellers in the park outside the front may disturb light sleepers.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Roy and Sarah C
Linda C, General Manager at Pullman Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2012

Dear RoystonSas

I am truly thrilled to know that we delivered a great experience when you stayed with us recently. Your insight is true, our staff truly due aim to deliver a genuine welcoming experience and they really do love what they do.

We are very fortunate to have a new hotel which has definitely been built with guest needs in mind and I am so glad you enjoyed dining in Redsalt.

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

No complaints except for no suites but a great location. Room service is excellent as are the housekeeping staff. They work so hard and are always smiling. One side of the hotel faces the car park - not an issue for me but it maybe for some guests.

Room Tip: Avoid Beach facing rooms on very hot days as the AC is not the best and the sun will warm up your room.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank David987897987
Linda C, General Manager at Pullman Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

Dear David987897987,

Thank you for making time to share your thoughts from your stay earlier this year. I agree with you our housekeeping staff are excellent and we do believe we offer both great service and food in room service.

Ensuring our air-conditioning is functioning at optimal levels is a priority for us and we have been focusing our attention in this area.

Again, thank you for making an effort to share your experience.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

We spent a night at the Crowne Plaza Adelaide last month to celebrate my birthday. The hotel is very new and situated right in the heart of Adelaide, just a cooee from the shops of Rundle Mall and the bars and restaurants of Rundle Street - but you don't feel overpowered by traffic and city noise as it nestles behind a park. Right from the time we pulled up out the front the service was seamless. All the staff were very welcoming, friendly, helpful and efficient. We had a wonderful meal in the restaurant which focuses on local foods and has a stunning winelist including several of the exclusive Grange vinages and our room faced south ove the city offering us a good view of the next glorious sunny day.
I can't fault it and will use it again when in need of a treat.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear amcwam,

Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza Adelaide to celebrate your birthday. I am so pleased that you had the chance to enjoy a meal in Redsalt and that you found our wine list to be to your liking.

Our team here love making our guests feel welcome so I am glad you found it to be that way. I will ensure they receive this feedback.

You should treat yourself more often and we would love to welcome you back.

Linda

Reviewed September 24, 2012

My husband bought us a night at the hotel as a birthday gift - valet parking and breakfast was included. The staff were great from the word go, friendly, organised, polite and not too over the top. The ambience as you walk in to the foyer is lovely. The room was spacious, ultra modern, clean and comfortable. We ate at the Griffin's pub next door and walked to the Festival Centre for our night out. After a peaceful sleep and waking up to a cool view over Hindmarsh Square, we enjoyed the buffet brekky that was included in the deal - delicious, varies and again, attentive and good staff. I have only good things to say about the Crowne - I've also used it for a huge block booking for work and everyone who stayed there had a positive experience.

Room Tip: go as high up as you can, overlooking the square and towards the hills
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Netski66,

It is wonderful to hear your birthday weekend went well and I am really pleased that you enjoyed many aspects of your stay with us. Thank you for recognising the service provided by our team and taking the time to share your experience.

Hopefully you can visit us again before your next birthday!

Reviewed September 22, 2012

I got off to a bad start as I was comparing web offers re the Crowne Plaza and its sibling, the InterContinental - this had previously been a favourite in the past when it was known as the Hyatt and I normally took the Club Lounge rooms.
On this occasion, the offer of 5,000 bonus points at the Crowne Plaza won but to my dismay when I checked in, they said I had ticked the wrong box when I booked and I wasn't eligible for the bonus and I should have checked the fine print.
My initial reaction was that I don't want to pour over a lot of detail when booking and that hotels make it too complicated - I was thinking I should have stayed with the Lounge at the InterContinental which is one of the better lounges in Australia.
I was feeling better later as my football team (the Swannies) had won and the hotel management were trying to rectify what had been a perceived problem.
We had one of the few suites which was spacious and I did enjoy the pool facilities BUT a few gripes though.
The internet charges are rediculously high - my wife and I had a couple of laptops and iPads and I think this normal for travellers in these hotels - but we shouldn't be seen as targets for extracting huge bonuses.
There are insufficient power points at the "office desk" in the suites.
The lighting is terrible - perhaps very modern to have such dimming effect but difficult to read and work.
The killer though was that I asked the concierge to find a few suggestions for restaurants to eat at that night and his knowledge was limited - he was then halfway through writing the 3 or 4 names out (without phone numbers) when another guest came and asked for help.
Without finishing my list, he then got distracted and was helping the guest on other matters.
When I eventually got my list, I went back to my room and using my turbo 3G card (not the expensive hotel internet), tried to find the restaurants.
Unfortunately he wrote the names phonetically without checking the spelling and it took another 1/2 hour of going through the options before I found restaurants I could contact.
In other words, it is a superficially good modern hotel but lacks the style of say the Medina Treasury or the quality of staff in cities like Melbourne and Sydney.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RonWamberal
Linda C, General Manager at Pullman Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2012

Dear RodWamberal,

I am truly disappointed that we have let you down in so many areas and there is no excuse for the less than excellent service you received.

After checking your booking you were absolutely on the 5000 bonus points offer so I have no idea why there was any confusion over this and I will be speaking with the team member involved. The service you received from our concierge team was also unfortunate and given the high quality of service this team in known for I will certainly be discussing with them how we can ensure we do not have these sort of lapses again.

It possibly wasn't clear, we have just had our Internet landing page amended, but you are able to use 4 devices for the one fee. I do apologise if this was not communicated.

We are currently looking at energy efficient in-room lighting that will provide both a brighter light without having a significant impact on the energy output.

Again, my apologies for the many areas that we have let you down