“Unhappy Ending”

GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed January 17, 2012

Booked a room for 3 online for a two night stay - 30th / 31st December

1 .Staff extrememly freindly and helpful upon arrival and throughout our stay
2. Room Fantastic - (apart form the dangerously slippery floor in the shower - need to provide mats)
3. Location - couldnt be better - Great veiw of NYE fireworks from room and loads of shops and cafe's
All was great right up until checkout -What more could you want ???
Answer - SECURE VALET PARKING - and CUSTOMER SERVICE FOLLOW UP.
As i got in my car there was an empty FUIC carton on the floor of the drivers seat and all of my travel books were over the front passenger seat. A seat that was occupied up until the passenger stepped out of the car upon arrival - and no they were not sitting on the books. Whilst the car was unloaded I actually cleaned the car out before it was taken for valet parking. I picked up the carton and took it inside leant over the concierge counter and placed it on the desk. I quietly advised what the issue was so as not to cause a scene in front of others - although maybe that may have the thing to do to have my situation acknowleged. My room number was taken and I was advised that Someone would get back to me. Didnt happen - I also left comments on the crowne plaza website whereby it says someone would get back to me in a few days - that was two weeks ago - no response.
Whilst this issue may seem trivial to some it has left me with a really bad feeling knowing that someone was relaxing in MY car having a drink and looking through my things ... totally freaked me out. So what could have been a 5 star rating with glowing feedback turns out to be the opposite due to a staff member with no respect for others or their property and lack of Customer Service followup .

Room Tip: Watch out for the shower floor
Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
8  Thank mscompulsive
IHGCare, ihgcare at Crowne Plaza Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2012

Dear Mscompulsive,

I am most disappointed and concerned to read your comments. I would greatly appreciate further information regarding your stay in order that I can investigate further. We have sent you a private message to obtain additional details about your experience.

Thanks,
Brenda J.
IHGCare

There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza Adelaide

Reviewed January 16, 2012

We stayed for just the one night and had a great stay. On arrival, we were very impressed by John at reception, he was very friendly and personable. We were allocated a room on an upper floor with a small balcony. Whilst the cleanliness of the room itself was immaculate, the balcony could have done with a bit more attention. The furnishings were good quality and bed very comfortable. Breakfast the following morning was good, all the usual buffet options. No coffee service though, instead there were two automated machines. Never as good as the real thing!

Location of the hotel was great, under 10 minutes to walk to restaurants on Rundel Street (had a great Greek meal at Eros), Rundel mall and the Art Gallery. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 16, 2012

We booked this for a weekend getaway and arrived around 3ish in the afternoon. Directions from the Crowne website to get there are incorrect, but we eventually found it. The entry is narrow and has a small turning circle that was not manned and a 'P' plater pulled up and parked his car in the turning circle and left to go to the pub just down the road... so after much backing in and backing out to let other cars maneuver I left my husband in the car to book in and we wanted to have the car valet parked. By the time I got back out to my husband he was not happy - this could all have been avoided with someone manning the car parking and welcoming guests to the hotel. At check in I asked the girl if I would get a good room with a good view(I had booked and paid extra for a corner view room) and she assured me the 3rd floor room (room 325) was a good room and so was the view and I asked about being higher up but she said there were only suites above me...sounded a bit sus but thought I would see first. Yes, the room was lovely, but the view was awful - looking right out onto a rusty roof and that was basically all you could see. Onto the phone straight away and they then move us up to the 13th floor (room 1325) and this was so much better and strangely was not a suite...hmm. The rooms are modern and tastefully decorated in chocolates and whites with green as the accent. Excellent pillow menu where we chose latex pillows. Beds were very comfortable. Nice big bath (not spa) in the bathroom with a roomy shower. Toilet behind the door. Did notice unpainted flushed gyprock at eye level while you're on the bed under the vanity, but overall a very comfortable room. Not sure if it is worth the extra for the corner suite, but the views were nice but the balcony is small and exposed - personal preference. All requests were promptly attended to and the buffet breakfast was very good. We also had tea in the Redsalt restaurant and the food was good and we would recommend it. The hotel is virtually across from Rundle Mall and is situated in an excellent position and it is quick and easy to walk to most places in the city. Overall, this hotel has a lot to offer, but still has some service issues when you first arrive. Hopefully management will address these as first impressions set the mood for the rest of your stay. We would stay again and hopefully the arrival niggles are one-offs.

Room Tip: Get a room up higher for the views. Lower corner rooms look over a rusty roof.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 11, 2012

My wife and I stayed here between xmas and new year . One of the main reasons we chose this hotel apart from its location, was that it is a fairley new hotel and I assumed that it would have good noise insulation from the outside world , we were not dissapointed as we were able to sleep in every morning with little or no noise from outside. We also found all the staff very helpfull . A fantastic coffee shop well worth checking out is right next door with great coffee and cakes , just what you need after a big day out.
Steve

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 8, 2012

We booked last minute on wotif and stayed at Crowne Plaza. The location was excellent.

We were very impressed with the front desk staff. Friendly and very helpful. Asked for an upgrade. We were offered it at a reduced price.

The hotel is very new and modern. The rooms were a good size. Well furnished.

We had dinner in Red Salt the restaurant there. Staff exceptional. Food was fantastic. We also had brekky the next day. Which was expensive at $30 but have say was fine. Only comment was that coffee was out of an automatic machine.

Unfortunately the movie system broke down and we were unable to purchase any movies on Saturday night. The man from the Front Desk did come to our room to try and sort it out. Did ring us back and advise the whole system was not working.

All in all very happy with our brief stay. Would recommend.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed December 31, 2011

A lovely modern hotel just a short walk to the Rundel Mall and main shopping area.

The room we had was on the 10th floor and came with a spacious balcony to sit and watch the world go by. The room itself was large and clean.

Valet parking is a great way to take the hassle out of finding a carpark, although it comes at a cost. The breakfasts were great with a choice of full buffet or continental.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 27, 2011

Staying on a business trip in Adelaide recently I had the pleasure of staying at the Crown Plaza. The hotel is very well located off Hindmarsh Square near the western end of Rundle Mall, and very close to the Rundle street restaurant strip. Check in was very fast and efficient, as was check out, with pleasant staff on hand to assist. The room was modern and clean; looking like it had recently refurbished. Equipped with a large flat screen TV, king size bed, stocked bar fridge, and large bathroom, it all made for a very comfortable stay. The room also had a balcony (including table and chairs) looking over Hindmarsh Square which was a very nice feature. If there was one thing I could pick on it is the cost of internet access at $27 per day, when most hotels these days have it for free. Other than that, it was a very pleasant stay and would highly recommend it for business or pleasure.

Room Tip: Request a room looking out on Hindmarsh Square
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business