“Wonderful Memory”

Pullman Adelaide
Ranked #6 of 56 Hotels in Adelaide
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed July 7, 2011

This was probably one of the most wonderful large name brand hotel experiences we have ever had. Everything was lovely: the room was beautiful, the gymnasium, sauna, steam room, jacuzzi, and pool were great. The staff was just magnificent...alert to help you with suitcase or questions at any moment, they even weighed my bags for me to see if they were in limit for my flight, called to see if room service was satisfactory, and so on. We really felt valued as customers. Loved the large flat screen TV, room service hamburgers and fries were delicious and timely. The room was exceptionally quiet, even though it was right in the middle of downtown. We were on the 14th floor and couldn't believe we heard no traffic noise, and noise in the hall was very subdued. Internet was not free, so we just used our mobile data connection. Service was the shining star....kudos to the staff! Prices for food/drink were high but always are in Australia. Buy your own water, sodas, and crisps/chips at the little store next door. We didn't feel like eating in the hotel's restaurant, but if you walk out the hotel and turn right, go to the corner, the little cafe there--has the most wonderful food, but limited hours. then again, we hear all of Adelaide has good food. Can't think of anything bad to say...all great. If we go back to Adelaide, this is hands down the only choice we will make. For sight seeing, recommend the botanical gardens, and the free art museum nearby. We took the bus up to the little German town, about a 45 minute ride through pretty hills...pick up and drop off near the hotel. Unfortunately, since it was cold and wet winter, the town didn't have much activity. Mostly shops and eateries anyway. We stopped in at C5 Chocolate and had the most incredible deserts and hot chocolate ever. The owner has an interesting story too.

Room Tip: Great place to stay.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank jph2010

Reviewed July 5, 2011

My husband and I stayed here for one night (Frid 24th June) and from booking to checking in and out, the staff were fantastic! I particularly wish to compliment Bailey, Stacy and Jono. They were extremely professional and very friendly. We enjoyed chatting to both Stacy and Jono each time we came in and out of the reception area that night.

Bailey suggested a room with a balcony and the view was fantastic! The overall hotel was very nice, clean and in a great position. Didn't get to the spa or pool though. Internet was extra, which for the price of our room, I was disappointed.

I was surprised however by the amount of noise I could hear and being a very light sleeper, I had trouble as I'd left my earplugs in the car and being kept off site, it was a hassle to get them just for one night! Considering it was right in the middle of the city, it was bound to be noisy, more so traffic than people. There is a pub on the corner and the noise didn't go on too late.

The room was immaculate and stocked well with plenty of towels, bath robes, slippers, toiletries etc. Maybe they should include ear plugs with their toiletries?? We had a bath that unfortunately I didn't get a chance to use. It was very deep and looked great to soak in after a day of shopping. I did find the room heating too warm for me and it couldn't be turned down below 15-16c, so if you are a 'hot bod' like me, you might be more comfortable sleeping with just a sheet.

I must say thanks to the selfish people who let their child yell in the corridor at 6:45am Sat morning! Honestly, some people have no consideration for others!

The buffet breakfast was nice with a huge variety. Overall, the hotel is lovely, the price was typical for inner city and yes I would stay again, if not for the views and cleanliness but also for the fantastic staff!

Room Tip: Definitely request a room looking over Hindmarsh Square!
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Donops
Reviewed July 4, 2011

Stayed here in January for 2 nights with friends. Booked into a twin bedroom which consisted of 2 double beds.
Large room, with plenty of space for storage. The beds were very comfortable.
Really nice bathroom with lots of space to store items.
I especiallly liked the room as it was very quiet.

I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank po-purri
Reviewed June 23, 2011

I knew from reviews here that we'd probably get a room with a view of the carpark as I booked the cheapest rate ( not cheap really at $220 on a weekday).

The room itself was nice and new and I couldn't find anything to complain about. I was, however, surprised that it didn't have a bath as I thought 5 star hotels usually do.

We only stayed one night and just kept the curtains pulled the whole time so we didn't have to look at the carpark. This made the room dark in the daytime, and if we'd been staying longer it would have seemed a bit claustrophobic. I think the rooms with this view should be a LOT cheaper than the higher ones as it makes such a difference to be able to see a nice view.

We ate out so I don't know what the restaurant was like. The parking at $32 did seem a bit excessive but was convenient - we were told we could park elsewhere but couldn't be bothered in order to save maybe $10 or so.

Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 23, 2011

Arrived on a Sunday to sit an important exam the following day. Car valet parked and no queues at the checkin counter. Lovely large room (albeit a bit dim) but very clean and super comfy bed. Ordered room service and would definitely revisit the hotel just for the restaurant as the food was fresh and delicious. Later in the evening as the staff were aware I had a long night, received a complimentary coffee to keep me going & were extremely kind. In the morning great checkout and car was waiting for me. I got a discounted room but was really pleasantly surprised and could forgive the drab outlook of a car park as I was not there for the scenery. However I was offered the choice of changing to a room with a view. The only slight negative was the humming machinery sound that seemed to come from the car park, interrupting restful sleep. I would definitely return.

Room Tip: Stay on a Sunday
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed June 22, 2011

Don't expect anything to be complimentary. Everything has a cost in a hotel in Australia. You kind of accept it (you don't have much choice anyway) when service and quality are good. I didn't think it was the case at the Crowne Plaza.
- Internet cost is outrageous for a "high speed" access that only calls itself that.
- Breakfast is very average and again extremely expensive ($30 for full buffet).
- Additional charge for credit card payment (I know, all hotels do that in Australia, I can't get over it so I still mention it).
- Staff was very friendly as in most Australian hotels (it's great but not specific to the Crowne Plaza)
In the end, even with a corporate rate, the cost is unbelievably high for very average service and quality.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed June 18, 2011

Crowne Plaza Hotel Adelaide made us feel very welcome and the staff were very friendly and affable. I arrived half a day before my friend and even though I was early for check-in the staff kindly allowed me up to our room and I was able to settle in. Their instructions on how to get around town was very helpful and their consideration for the intermittent weather extremities was thoughtful. One small concern for such a magnificent refurb are the beds. Very soft and very hard pillows (although they do have a pillow menu - we thought a choice of 6 pillows in our room was more than sufficient !) - think it was just a case of the beds being too soft. Bathroom was very roomy, the water saving shower however makes you think twice about washing your hair (girls beware !).

Once my friend checked in with the rental car they were offered the same courteous service. $32 for overnight parking is a little rich for this small city but that's the problem when you have a rental car.

A nice hotel in the city.

Room Tip: Treat the staff how you wish to be treated !
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends