Pullman Adelaide
    Hotel Richmond(Adelaide)
    • Pool
    • Free Internet
    1,850 results
    All reviewsthe crowne plazahindmarsh squarered saltredsalt restaurantrundle mallsteam roomihg membercar parkvalet parkingpillow menugood sizeroom servicemodern hotelstandard roombusiness hotelbuffet breakfastlate checkout
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed July 4, 2011

Stayed here in January for 2 nights with friends. Booked into a twin bedroom which consisted of 2 double beds.
    Large room, with plenty of space for storage. The beds were very comfortable.
    Really nice bathroom with lots of space to store items.
    I especiallly liked the room as it was very quiet.

I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends
    1  Thank po-purri
    Reviewed June 23, 2011

I knew from reviews here that we'd probably get a room with a view of the carpark as I booked the cheapest rate ( not cheap really at $220 on a weekday).

The room itself was nice and new and I couldn't find anything to complain about. I was, however, surprised that it didn't have a bath as I thought 5 star hotels usually do.

We only stayed one night and just kept the curtains pulled the whole time so we didn't have to look at the carpark. This made the room dark in the daytime, and if we'd been staying longer it would have seemed a bit claustrophobic. I think the rooms with this view should be a LOT cheaper than the higher ones as it makes such a difference to be able to see a nice view.

We ate out so I don't know what the restaurant was like. The parking at $32 did seem a bit excessive but was convenient - we were told we could park elsewhere but couldn't be bothered in order to save maybe $10 or so.

Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
    Reviewed June 23, 2011

Arrived on a Sunday to sit an important exam the following day. Car valet parked and no queues at the checkin counter. Lovely large room (albeit a bit dim) but very clean and super comfy bed. Ordered room service and would definitely revisit the hotel just for the restaurant as the food was fresh and delicious. Later in the evening as the staff were aware I had a long night, received a complimentary coffee to keep me going & were extremely kind. In the morning great checkout and car was waiting for me. I got a discounted room but was really pleasantly surprised and could forgive the drab outlook of a car park as I was not there for the scenery. However I was offered the choice of changing to a room with a view. The only slight negative was the humming machinery sound that seemed to come from the car park, interrupting restful sleep. I would definitely return.

Room Tip: Stay on a Sunday
    • Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
    Reviewed June 22, 2011

Don't expect anything to be complimentary. Everything has a cost in a hotel in Australia. You kind of accept it (you don't have much choice anyway) when service and quality are good. I didn't think it was the case at the Crowne Plaza.
    - Internet cost is outrageous for a "high speed" access that only calls itself that.
    - Breakfast is very average and again extremely expensive ($30 for full buffet).
    - Additional charge for credit card payment (I know, all hotels do that in Australia, I can't get over it so I still mention it).
    - Staff was very friendly as in most Australian hotels (it's great but not specific to the Crowne Plaza)
    In the end, even with a corporate rate, the cost is unbelievably high for very average service and quality.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
    Reviewed June 18, 2011

Crowne Plaza Hotel Adelaide made us feel very welcome and the staff were very friendly and affable. I arrived half a day before my friend and even though I was early for check-in the staff kindly allowed me up to our room and I was able to settle in. Their instructions on how to get around town was very helpful and their consideration for the intermittent weather extremities was thoughtful. One small concern for such a magnificent refurb are the beds. Very soft and very hard pillows (although they do have a pillow menu - we thought a choice of 6 pillows in our room was more than sufficient !) - think it was just a case of the beds being too soft. Bathroom was very roomy, the water saving shower however makes you think twice about washing your hair (girls beware !).

Once my friend checked in with the rental car they were offered the same courteous service. $32 for overnight parking is a little rich for this small city but that's the problem when you have a rental car.

A nice hotel in the city.

Room Tip: Treat the staff how you wish to be treated !
    • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends